Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)
Beta Glucans
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone using this in any form? I read some interesting stuff on beta glucans recently and I have to say I am intrigued as well as confused!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Some of the members of another former are using liquid oat beta-glucan as a topical and are raving about it.

I looked it up because I had never heard of it being used that way. I was actually surprised to find that it is an active ingredient in alot of skincare products.

Liquid oat beta-glucan as a nutritional supplement (and also, obviously in capsules) has been around for quite some time. But, Ceapro now markets something they call Drago B-glucans which is a topical active for skin and haircare.

I really would be interested if anyone knows more about its use as a topical.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
OK, girls, please elaborate ... WHAT is this stuff supposed to do for us? How does it work (if you know), how do you use it, etc. Now I'm intrigued as well!

Katee should be able to explain this ... she knows about almost everything! Smile
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl,

I havent read through all of this but here are a few things I did find about it, Im having a hard time finding anything related to skin care, will keep looking.

http://www.puritan.com/vf/healthnotes/HN_live/Supp/Beta_Glucan.htm

http://www.cancure.org/beta_glucan.htm

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Vonstella! You ROCK! Very Happy
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, here we go.

http://www.womenshealth.com/betaglucan_study.html

http://www.skinclinic.com/prevention-and-healing.htm

http://911skin.com/biocare.html

http://www.beautynaturally.com/faqbio.html

It seems like beta glucan basically makes your immune system work like its on roids. When taken internally, rids your body of ANYTHNG that doesnt belong there. I wonder how it penetrates the skin when applied topically?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Welllllll....

I first came across the discussion on the Skin Interactive board, which I think is a board that was set up by a group that broke from the skinactives crowd.

Some of the stuff they discuss is very interesting. I'm not always certain about the validity of some of their theories, but several of the members are very knowledgeable.

Here's one of the threads that goes into the beta-glucans....

http://skininteractive.proboards28.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1167132925
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
This is where I first heard of it, on a skin care site called Skin Interactive:

http://skininteractive.proboards28.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1167132925

I love that board also, so knowledgeable, but i admit i am so overwhelmed with information about beta glucans.

katee--i think i read on SI that some of the members bought liquid beta glucan to use topically. it seems like the powder form is easy to obtain enough from garden of wisdom or the bulk actives site but i have no idea how to make it into a useable liquid/serum!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
looks like we were thinking the same thing Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
If any of you have any independent research on oat BG's, I'd be very interested. I use the yeast Beta Glucans because that's the only research I've found. Since it's for the immune system, I can see where it would help tremendously with skin allergies and rosacea. But, I haven't found anything to support anti-age, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Ari

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Ari,

Do a google on Brennen Medical, Inc. They are supposedly world reknowned in oat beta glucan technology.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Janna,

I believe their area of expertise is on the nutritional value of beta-glucans. There's no shortage of info on that. I know that I, for one, wasn't aware of the fact that had value as a topical active. I was somewhat surprised to find that they were already an ingredient in some of the products I've used.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Janna, and thank you. Brennen Medical's use of oat beta glucan is in the area of burn and tissue injury repair. They seem to have a success in the application of oat beta glucans to sterile dressings and other treatment coverings.

I was looking more for independent research, i.e. American or British Journal of Medicine, scientific studies, that sort of thing. Everything I've found is addressing yeast Beta Glucans.

I do appreciate the help.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I was one of the lucky few who got in on this deal -

What does it exactly do? Uhh, not sure Embarassed I've read SO much info on it it's all over the place for me now. I'm hoping to sit down with some research papers I've d/l'd & printed to sit and read to really understand it.

That being said - I am using this BG straight and it makes my skin smoother than a babies butt! I'm also noticing a more 'even' tone (but that might be due to the Triple C or BOTH!)

MermaidGirl wrote:
OK, girls, please elaborate ... WHAT is this stuff supposed to do for us? How does it work (if you know), how do you use it, etc. Now I'm intrigued as well!

Katee should be able to explain this ... she knows about almost everything! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the yeast BGs for almost a year and they make my skin "soft as a baby's butt", too. The fact that my skin is getting more even-toned I'm attributing to the Triple C, since it's only since I've started using it that I see more even tone to my complexion.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
candy and arielle--are you ladies using the liquid oat beta glucan or mixing the powder form (either reishi or yeast form) and applying it to your face?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the yeast Beta Glucan and putting it in my DIY skin nutrition lotion.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the liquid Oat Beta Gluten.

skincareaddicted wrote:
candy and arielle--are you ladies using the liquid oat beta glucan or mixing the powder form (either reishi or yeast form) and applying it to your face?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:

Hi, I'm REALLY interesting in trying this out - would you know where we can buy the liquid oat beta glucans?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:16 am      Reply with quote
As I understand it the person who arranged the original purchase stated it was kinda tough to come by and minimum purchase was something like 10k - it was a long ardous process I recall for the purchaser and it took us nearly 4 months to get the product.

ETA - I'm generous, but in this instance gonna be selfish, lol - I only have a 1/2 liter and wanna use it for as long as I can.

maiea wrote:
Candy8865 wrote:

Hi, I'm REALLY interesting in trying this out - would you know where we can buy the liquid oat beta glucans?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:52 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure if this is the same thing but I had read some interesting info on Dr Renaud products and some contain B-glucans. EDS sells this line abd the prices appear quite reasonable. I can't find a lot of info on the ingredients but the B-glucans did interest me and I note that this is included in the Vit C product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
As I understand it the person who arranged the original purchase stated it was kinda tough to come by and minimum purchase was something like 10k - it was a long ardous process I recall for the purchaser and it took us nearly 4 months to get the product.

ETA - I'm generous, but in this instance gonna be selfish, lol - I only have a 1/2 liter and wanna use it for as long as I can.

okay, Candy, then get lots more and make us up a potion with it, so we can all use it, too!!!

thanks!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Janna
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Candy, I let the opportunity pass me by. Crying or Very sad Naturally I am kicking myself now.

Did you get any of Jim's kelp?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I have that too....

Janna wrote:
Did you get any of Jim's kelp?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Candy,

how are using it?
Adding to the serums?

Also, in one of the posts you mentioned that you areusing an excellent eye cream with ALA ( I assume your own). Do you have it for sale or is there a DIY recipe?

TIA,
Lucy.

Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |