Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Hydra-Gel Eye Patches (60 patches) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12)
Beta Glucans
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
It's a few drops (4 or 5ish) of the emu/tetra mixed with about the same of the OBG. Not sure if I notice anything at all from the tetra I'm afraid but I haven't been using it every day.

(BTW when I said 50/50 I didn't mean emu/tetra I meant mixing the emu (containing about 8% tetra) with the OBC - just wasn't sure from your post whether you'd interpreted what I'd said that way)
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for getting back to me Molly. I actually did interpret wrong about the 50/50 mix, so I am grateful you explained it to me! Thanks again. I am making some "potions" tomorrow!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to the lovely Skincareaddicted I have some liquid BG.
Very Happy

Just checking a few things:
It keeps best in the fridge.

I can add it to my conditioner and it'll help smooth and condition my hair.

I can add it to my canvas Cream at night.

Am I correct?
Thanks.
Emma x
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Emma,

You're so sweet Smile.

You know what, I don't keep mine in the frige. I remember reading that it will keep if left in a cool area for 2 years. I am not sure if that means refrigerating. I will ask Markey and see what she says.

I add it to everything and notice great results, and have done so to my shampoo (haven't tried the conditioner yet but can't see why you couldn't), and my moisturizer, so i think it would be great in yours too.

Do a test first just in case you're allergic, ok?

HTH, Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank you.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi girls,

thanks to the lovely skincareaddicted I too have some liquid BG. I just wanted to ask how you ladies use it. I have mixed it 50/50 with some basic water based moisturiser. However, i've noticed when applied to my skin it stings very very slightly, and i've also noticed it makes my eyes quite red the next day (this happens with alot of actives DMAE etc). I also think my skin looks a bit dry the next day. Am I doing something wrong here?
many thanks
Jackie
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:23 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi girls,

thanks to the lovely skincareaddicted I too have some liquid BG. I just wanted to ask how you ladies use it. I have mixed it 50/50 with some basic water based moisturiser. However, i've noticed when applied to my skin it stings very very slightly, and i've also noticed it makes my eyes quite red the next day (this happens with alot of actives DMAE etc). I also think my skin looks a bit dry the next day. Am I doing something wrong here?
many thanks
Jackie

Jackie, try waiting until it has absorbed fully into your skin, then apply some moisturiser over the top. That will help to combat the dryness.

She's a lovely, kind lass, that skincareaddicted.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi majorb,

thanks for your reply. Is it common to experience dryness then ? I thought the BG was more of a moisturiser. Should I maybe use less of it or something ?

thanks
Jackie x
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I didn't know where to put this but thought ladies who wanted to try beta glucans without having to DIY might try this:

http://www.avalonorganics.com/?id=93

My husband has this organic cream shave from Sanoma Soap that he has been stretching out forever because he loved it so much but hasn't been able find it anywhere. After staying away from his beloved shaving cream for ages I finally tried it Cool and it was amazing! My little sister tried it too and fell head over heals. So I had to try to find this company so I could get more! Turns out Sanoma Soap was bought out by Avalon Organics and they have a cream shave that has very similar ingredients plus the added beta glucan! I can't wait to try this Very Happy
I think they put this in some of their body lotions too.

Ingredients Moisturizing Cream Shave, Aloe:
Calendula Officianlis (candula), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (chamomile 1), Camellia Sinensis Extract (green tea 1), Sorbitol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Certified Organic Linum Usitatissium Oil (flaxseed 1), Certified Organic Helianthus Oil (sunflower 1), Beta Glucan (oat), Aloe Barbadensis (Leaf Juice) (aloe vera 2), Babassuamadopropalkonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellose, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Arginine (amino acid), Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), Bisabolol (chamomile), Sodium Chloride

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
For those who are interested in the liquid oat beta glucan that some of us have raved about, I understand that Markey, over at Garden of Wisdom, has a group buy going on right now.

It really is great stuff!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jackie,

I did actually find the BGs to be more moisturizing in that when added to my cream, i don't get flakiness on my cheeks anymore. I am not sure if the BGs normally would cause dryness but perhaps it is a good idea to use less by reducing the proportion of BGs to moisturizer. I used about 29% BG in my cream.

I also don't tend to layer actives either. I rather alternate day/night or every other night. If you do that, perhaps they are reacting with each other?

I was thinking also your moisturizer's emollient properties are probably being diluted with the liquid BGs since it is most water. Perhaps patting some oil on top would help.

I also pat camellia oil mixed with Markey's moisturizing gel on top for night time. Doing that or maybe adding some carrier oil directly into a bit of your moisturizer maybe.

Majorb and Jackie, you ladies are so sweet Smile.

Hi Sundew,

Avalon organics also has a shampoo/conditioner with BGs. I will have to try the shaving cream, it sounds very good. I usually just use carekate's shave minimizing oil but your review tempts me badly.

Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi majorb,

thanks for your reply. Is it common to experience dryness then ? I thought the BG was more of a moisturiser. Should I maybe use less of it or something ?

thanks
Jackie x

I have very dry skin, so I usually need to apply something moisturising over the top of any skincare at the end of my routine anyway. I don't think the Beta Glucans made my skin drier necessarily, but adding a bit more moisturiser might also help you if you're experiencing probs with dryness.

Hope you can get it all to work out for you. It should, hopefully, be well worth it.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Here is my try at using Yeast BG in powered form.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=21451

I love it

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Emma,

GoW Markey and Jen have both said that the liquid BG has a preservative in it so it doesn't need to be refrigerated, but doing so wouldn't hurt either. I am thinking I will probably end up refrigerating a large portion of mine when the weather gets insanely hot.

Katee--I didn't hear that Markey was having a group buy, I thought she was just going to restock and sell it through her website?

Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Kristen.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:36 am      Reply with quote
How did i miss the raves for this?? Probably cause i dont look in the Do it Yourself section much Smile Anyway you guys have me intrigued and ive just ordered some, im hopeless Rolling Eyes

I just got the 2oz one so i can try it first. Im just wondering how much to add to my face products? If i put a bit of moisturiser in my hand should i add equal amount of the BG? Is it best just to use it once a day? TA Very Happy

This is the right stuff isnt it
http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/4073723/4210818.htm

just want to make sure Very Happy

I was thinking of adding it to my Skinceuticals B5 gel and applying after vit c serum. Would that be ok do you think?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
That is the right stuff carolb69!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:

Katee--I didn't hear that Markey was having a group buy, I thought she was just going to restock and sell it through her website?

Kristen

Kristen,

It isn't a group buy, it looks like a pre buy...

Maybe she just doesn't want people to think they'll get it right away. She doesn't have it in stock yet and remember how long they took to fill her order the first time? Hopefully this time it will be quicker !
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Katee,

Yup, it is a pre buy not a group buy this time.

I remember Markey saying last week that the company refused to deliver to the address on her invoice and never called to let her know.

She finally had to give them a ring and they asked for another address. sounds like poor customer service on the supplier's part. These big suppliers don't seem to want business or something, I remember Ariesxtreme saying active concepts took forever to get back to her on the SKB.

Markey has the liquid BGs available to add to orders on the GoW site but does not yet have the liquid BGs in hand. for the preorders, she will ship out as soon as is feasible when the liquid bgs arrive. poor Markey, from what i hear, she is still a very very busy lady at the moment.

Kristen

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kristen,

Just ordered the veggie base cream, pearl powder, and liquid BG. I am going to follow your recipe and hope I would love the end product as much as you do Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Hi Katee,

Yup, it is a pre buy not a group buy this time.

I remember Markey saying last week that the company refused to deliver to the address on her invoice and never called to let her know.

She finally had to give them a ring and they asked for another address. sounds like poor customer service on the supplier's part. These big suppliers don't seem to want business or something, I remember Ariesxtreme saying active concepts took forever to get back to her on the SKB.
Markey has the liquid BGs available to add to orders on the GoW site but does not yet have the liquid BGs in hand. for the preorders, she will ship out as soon as is feasible when the liquid bgs arrive. poor Markey, from what i hear, she is still a very very busy lady at the moment.

Kristen
Confused

Im confused now, are you saying the liquid BG I ordered from gow isnt available yet? It says available now next to it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted is right.

carol - Before your post I knew GoW had the liquid BGs back on the Actives page but there's a note when you click into the liquid BGs link that Markey is making it a permanent source for those who want it (thus why she put it back up) but can/will hold orders UNTIL she gets restocked.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Oh okay damn Sad Any idea how long that will take? TA Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi carol,

I heard it will be soon! Smile

Hello mtview,

I really hope you like it as much as I do Smile. I recently received Markey's azulene veggie base cream so decided to mix stuff using the same proportions, it is really nice also! DIY is sooo fun.

Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:08 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Oh okay damn Sad Any idea how long that will take? TA Very Happy

Markey told me she'll be posting here once the BGs are in stock. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Laboratoire Dr Renaud ExCellience CellClock Cellular Youth Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut V15 Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |