Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Hydra-Gel Eye Patches (60 patches)
Beta Glucans
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Kristen - how much of the liquid BG do you add to your shampoo? BTW, I saw a picture of your hair where you had a link on the GOW forum. Your hair color is beautiful! (And, your hair looks very healthy and shiny)
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi rileygirl,

I don't use exact measurements, but I add about 1/2 a capful (the size of the shampoo cap) in along with probably 1/2 a capful of jojoba oil and shake the shampoo bottle vigorously. I was really trying to thin out my shampoo since I am using Jason's Shampoo Natural Jojoba Shampoo. Jason's jojoba shampoo was super thick, so you might want to add a little less to your shampoo.

and thank you, you're so sweet Smile.

Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Im wondering if its ok to mix BG with my Avene Eluage cream...would it affect the effectiveness of the retinol do you think? Or would i be better off waiting half an hr and adding it to moisturiser? Ta Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kristen. I am using the organic shampoo with the beta glucan in it, but I wanted to add more to this. I will try the "cap" for measuring!
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I've been following this post a bit too, so I just ordered the Beta Glucans too! Flakiness is one of my biggest issues with my skin, so I'm really excited to try this out.

Smile
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi carol,
I have no experience retinols, so maybe someone else knows? Molly?

rileygirl,
let me know if it has any effects for you ok?

Shawna,
hope it works for you like it does me. I am still amazed at that side effect, i certainly wasn't expecting my flakies to subside since nothing seemed to be working except acids on them.

Kristen Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
I used it with my shampoo and absolutely loved it.
My hair was a lot smoother.
Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:35 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Im wondering if its ok to mix BG with my Avene Eluage cream...would it affect the effectiveness of the retinol do you think? Or would i be better off waiting half an hr and adding it to moisturiser? Ta Very Happy

Hi Carol - conventional wisdom would say the half hour wait on account of acidity and waiting for the conversion from retinaldehyde to tretinoin. BUT......I wonder if retinaldehyde is acidic - it feels quite neutral. Besides those BGs really feel like they penetrate so maybe it would enhance penetration to mix it directly with the eluage and make it more effective - like using it with acids but without the irritation. I'd try that if I was on the retinoids Smile
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Molly Very Happy When i get my BG I might try it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:33 am      Reply with quote
http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/betaglucan.html

i found this article helpful on BGs...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:50 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for that.
Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:24 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:

Quote:
Dr Pillai and colleagues theorize that beta-glucan stimulates collagen by inducing the release of immune/inflammatory mediators, such as IL-1 and NFkB. If true, stimulating inflammatory response may not be the optimal way to strengthen the collagen network because inflammation may have negative side effects.

I wonder what anyone makes of that considering the other articles say it's anti-inflammatory.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:46 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:

Thank skincareaddicted, its a good read...i am also waiting for my BG to come...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,

That part of the article was a bit too scientific for me I admit Laughing. In that case, I am going with the safe history of the use of oat beta glucans.

I was also thinking, if we constantly use scrubs and acids, isn't the skin always a bit damaged, so the BGs would be applied not to healthy skin but skin that is not quite "intact"?

Kristen

p.s. and you're welcome everybody Smile

Molly wrote:
skincareaddicted wrote:

Quote:
Dr Pillai and colleagues theorize that beta-glucan stimulates collagen by inducing the release of immune/inflammatory mediators, such as IL-1 and NFkB. If true, stimulating inflammatory response may not be the optimal way to strengthen the collagen network because inflammation may have negative side effects.

I wonder what anyone makes of that considering the other articles say it's anti-inflammatory.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Kristen, just wanted to let you know that I tried adding the liquid BG and jojoba oil in my shampoo. I LOVE it. Makes my scalp feel so much better, and my hair looks great using using this in the shampoo. Thanks for the great tip!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi rileygirl,
Thanks for the update and that is so great to hear Smile.

Kristen~

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Markey said the liquid beta glucans have arrived!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Markey said the liquid beta glucans have arrived!

Oh thank you! I just placed my order an hour ago thinking it's a pre-order.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Asking a silly question...So the liquid Oat beta glucan from GOW is 1%. What constitute the rest? All distill water and some preservative? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
The oat beta glucan purchased through the co-op and through GOW is a 1% concentration in water and contains the following preservatives: 0.26% methylparaben, 0.26% chlorphenesin in 1.48% butylene glycol and 1.48% glycerin, 0.2% potassium sorbate.
from Panda
http://skininteractive.proboards28.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1171903646
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:43 am      Reply with quote
I pre-ordered some. Im wondering if they let you know when its been shipped??

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
I used it with my shampoo and absolutely loved it.
My hair was a lot smoother.
Very Happy

Hey Emma! Sorry if this has been answered already, but where did you buy your BG from?

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:38 am      Reply with quote
ww.gardenofwisdom.com

Wink
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:52 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
I pre-ordered some. Im wondering if they let you know when its been shipped??

I believe they're being shippied now. I got mine-well, not really, the wrong serum was shipped but Markey responded immediately & shipped out the BG yesterday. BTW, the shipping was incredibly quick- I ordered 17th & received 20th -----I'm in Canada where shipments can disappear for weeks on end!!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I am very excited to start using oat beta glucan. I found an awesome article. I don't think anyone has given this link yet. Enjoy:

http://www.ceapro.com/pdfs/ifscc.pdf
System
Automatic Message
Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC Crease Ease Emulsion (50 ml) Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut V15

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |