Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) StriVectin Intensive Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles PLUS (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Hauschka Night Serum (20 ml)
Beta Glucans
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

Panda from SI board has informed me that the liquid BGs that she keeps in her fridge does not form snot balls as opposed to the ones kept at room temperature. Hence, I will be refrigerating my supply of BGs minus some bottles left out for convenience.

Hope that helps!

Kristen Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I got my first bottle of BG from GoW just the other day. Of course, I immediately tried it "neat" ... and was amazed. I put it on the area just below my nose and above my mouth [what is that area called anyway? Confused ] ... and after a few minutes, it felt almost numb ... the same feeling I get whenever I get that area waxed. Smile The next thing I noticed was that it felt like I had a bit of a fat lip ... but WOW!... I loved the plumping of the "scar lines" [left over from the healing of a dog bite I got a few years ago ...]

I decided that I had used a few too many drops on that area ... but I almost immediately made a Vitamin C serum with the BG ... making it .5% ... and a LOVE this stuff!

I decanted some for my girlfriend Brenda to try ... and she emailed me this morning claiming that she needs a gallon of it. She had used it neat on her face last night ... and this morning not only did she not the those annoying lines that she inevitably sees in the morning ... she says her pores were almost invisible too. [I figure that the BGs managed to hydrate her face overnight ... and that was why her "morning lines" weren't there!]

After using my Vitamin C/BG serum ... and some in my facial mist this morning ... I put my makeup on and went out in the car. I was amazed when I glanced at my reflection in the rear view mirror ... in bright sunlight ... my "lines" were barely visible! Wow! ... so I think I'm in love with BG! Laughing

Of course, now I'm reading how I may need to keep it in the fridge ... and I keep thinking how handy it would be to have a tiny fridge in my bathroom! Laughing

I know that someone here on the forums has one ... and I envy her! Laughing

What a huge difference in such a short time! I just hope it continues.

Please someone tell me that it only gets better! Laughing

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I loved it from the very first moment I tried it. The hydration (no oily feel), it just disappears and leaves a nice, healthy plump feeling. I love it so much I'm adding it to my hair conditionner (SKBs in shampoo, BGs in conditionner)...works well there too. SKB works great in shampoo but takes out the curl when I use it in conditionner. I'm miffed cuzz I ordered the 2 oz. bottle..have to place another order right away. I may have to bathe in it next!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Whoa, how is the liquid BG turning into snot balls? I ordered some 3 liters and have yet to see this happen. Can you describe to me more what you mean?

Kristen

I think I figured out the problem. I took a 3 day trip and decided not to take the whole pump bottle of BG with me so I took the pump off to pour some BG in a small bottle. NO "snot" consistancy. I put the pump back on and pumped some out and the "snot" was back. So........I took it all out and am now using a flip top bottle. Something to do with my pump. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

It's me!!!!! I have a mini fridge in my bathroom that I bought from Walmart and it's fantastic. My bottle of BGs are in there and I decant, as needed. I love them like I love my kids, husband and red wine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Quote:

It's me!!!!! I have a mini fridge in my bathroom that I bought from Walmart and it's fantastic. My bottle of BGs are in there and I decant, as needed. I love them like I love my kids, husband and red wine.

I want a little fridge too......I was telling that to DH that one day when we have a house...I am going to get one!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
You could probably get a used fridge cheap from a pawn shop. I have no place to put one, but I'd love to have one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried BG on neat for the first time. The texture wasn't what I expected. I thought it would be more watery but its kind of gel like.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
I just tried BG on neat for the first time. The texture wasn't what I expected. I thought it would be more watery but its kind of gel like.

I'd say serum like not gel like..o.k. a thicker serum at most.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Actually felt a little like SeaKelp Bioferment...even lighter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
SKB is gel-like, the BG is a lot runnier. I have to be careful when I pour...must get one of those flip-top things.
havana8

Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no! Does it have to be kept in the fridge? I've been keeping mine in the bathroom cabinet! Sad
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I wish mine would hurry up and get here Crying or Very sad Being in Aus though it takes awhile but it should arrive by the end of next week hopefully.

If i add it to moisturiser wont that water it down too much?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Oh no! Does it have to be kept in the fridge? I've been keeping mine in the bathroom cabinet! Sad

I haven't heard anything about keeping it in the fridge. I'm not sure it's necessary.

As for mixing in a cream, I mix it in with my contitionner with no problem..maybe I'm not explaining it right..it's a thick serum (I apply it straighton my face right after cleansing). SKB is more of a gel.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
I am so sad. I think my skin hates the BG's... or the BG's hate my skin. When I first used it (diluted about 3/4HA serum, 1/4 BG's), I had lovely plumped skin, but after a couple weeks... insanely bumpy skin that perplexed me. Then I stopped my BG's and liquidkelp, and my skin is suddenly not so bumpy anymore. Confused So either the BG's or the liquidkelp did something, however I used liquidkelp for months already and never had problems in the past, so I am suspecting the BG's more than the kelp.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:
I am so sad. I think my skin hates the BG's... or the BG's hate my skin. When I first used it (diluted about 3/4HA serum, 1/4 BG's), I had lovely plumped skin, but after a couple weeks... insanely bumpy skin that perplexed me. Then I stopped my BG's and liquidkelp, and my skin is suddenly not so bumpy anymore. Confused So either the BG's or the liquidkelp did something, however I used liquidkelp for months already and never had problems in the past, so I am suspecting the BG's more than the kelp.

Hello maiea,
Sorry to hear about the bumpy skin. Where did you get your BG and liquidkelp? GOW?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:

Hello maiea,
Sorry to hear about the bumpy skin. Where did you get your BG and liquidkelp? GOW?

The BG's are the liquid oat ones from GOW, the liquidkelp I bought directly, but is the same as the seaweed extract that GOW sells.
havana8

Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:37 am      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:
Wild Cat wrote:

Hello maiea,

The BG's are the liquid oat ones from GOW, the liquidkelp I bought directly, but is the same as the seaweed extract that GOW sells.

oh no, maiea! that's a total bummer... Crying or Very sad maybe you can use it is something else?
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I have tried the liquid and powdered BG's, and find that it makes my eyes red the next day. Does happen to anyone else ? Am i using it wrong ? I am mixing a small amount with moisturiser,

many thanks
Jackie
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I have used both liquid and powder form BG, and my eyes never got red or irritated. But, I am not sensitive to most things. Just try to stay away from your eye areas and see if you are still allergic to it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi scalawaggirl,

I do envy you your bathroom fridge! Very Happy

One of these days ... after I remove a wall or two ... and get the kitchen floor redone [I have the distinction of having linoleum that is both harvest gold and avacado green! Can anyone say "that floor tile dates to the 70's?"] ... I plan to redo the bathroom ... and when I do ... there will be space for a bathroom fridge! Laughing

As to just why I am still dealing with 30-year old flooring ... the story is just too long to relate! Laughing

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
One of these days ... after I remove a wall or two ... and get the kitchen floor redone [i][I have the distinction of having linoleum that is both harvest gold and avacado green! Can anyone say "that floor tile dates to the 70's?"]

Laughing Laughing Laughing
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

oh no, maiea! that's a total bummer... Crying or Very sad maybe you can use it is something else?

It is. Sad I think after my skin's calmed down a little while, I will try to start using it again, in tiny amounts - I heard there's an unusual preservative in the liquid BG's, and I might be reacting to that and not the BG's themselves.. so perhaps using it at 25% was too much for me, but perhaps in tiny quantities, the preservative won't irritate my skin so much (and I heard you don't actually need a lot of BG's to get a benefit). Anyway, I hope so! Smile I would hate to not be able to use the BG's since they initially gave me amazing looking skin.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
OMG, I just read this entire thread and am dying to get my hands on some BG and SKB Rolling Eyes. Oh my, so many things I want/NEED Cool , yet so little $$ Sad .
I'll have to figure something out Wink.
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
skincarefan
5% products discount

Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone who has allegeric reaction to the liquid oat beta glucan is also allegeric to oat? Just curious, thanx!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Hauschka Night Serum (20 ml) Go Smile On The Go Sonic Blue Smart Brush Whitening Kit - White Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |