Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Beta Glucans
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
I started using my liquid BG's about a week and a half ago. I am also suspecting that it's clogging my pores, which totally bums me out because I LOVE the way it feels on my skin.

I've been experiencing some pimples on areas that I normally don't break out and haven't been using any other new products. I have very acne prone skin and am thinking that maybe the BGs are too "occlusive".

So, for now, I've stopped using them -- maybe I'll try it one more time after I clear up.

Crying or Very sad Another one bites the dust...

marla and avalange, I started a threab yesterday http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=22712

and i now suspect its the BG that has caused my problem. How long did your skin take to go back to normal? thanks

Smile sorry just re-read last page and saw you've only just stopped using it too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm afraid I have to add a "me too" BG's at first were lovely and gave me nice plump skin that was just amazing... but after a few weeks, I got really bumpy skin. Then when I stopped, my skin became less bumpy. (all this time BTW I was doing OCM) I started agian for just a day to see what would happen, and it was almost instant bumpy skin again.

Now I wonder if BG's also caused blocked pores for me? I've had an INSANE amount of "stuff" in my skin lately from OCM since the BG incident.. It's kinda gross actually, my temples are so rough and I know it's clogged pores that I just can't seem to unclog to get the little grains of oil/dead cells out.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Carol,

My skin is clearing up now -- a couple of small pimples are on their way out.

The last few nights I've used only ISC Active followed by a light moisturizer (my usual products) - no BGs!

Marla

ETA -- I also use OCM to remove s/s and makeup (always followed with a cleanser) and have NEVER had a problem with it -- as a matter of fact, it helps keeps my pores more clear.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
Hi Carol,

My skin is clearing up now -- a couple of small pimples are on their way out.

The last few nights I've used only ISC Active followed by a light moisturizer (my usual products) - no BGs!

Marla

ETA -- I also use OCM to remove s/s and makeup (always followed with a cleanser) and have NEVER had a problem with it -- as a matter of fact, it helps keeps my pores more clear.

So...I'm trying to understand...the beta glucans have clogged your pores? I keep reading about bumps and I'm wondering if it's a allergy vs. pimples. I've just ordered some for myself to try it out, but I'm going to mix it with the niacinimide. That may make some of a difference.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
for me - not an allergy but acne (clogged pores resulting with bumps and whiteheads/pimples).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
marla my skin is slowly looking better. I can still see some little bumps under the skin but the area is smoother. A few little whiteheads have appeared. I hope its the clogged pores making their way to the surface.

So bummer, BG's arent for me but there's plenty of other actives around. Im glad i only ordered a small amount.

So please be careful people and test this out on a tiny area of skin
Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
marla my skin is slowly looking better. I can still see some little bumps under the skin but the area is smoother. A few little whiteheads have appeared. I hope its the clogged pores making their way to the surface.

So bummer, BG's arent for me but there's plenty of other actives around. Im glad i only ordered a small amount.

So please be careful people and test this out on a tiny area of skin
Confused

I will heed your warning and use it on my chin to see if it will break me out.
Jouke
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 1:01 am      Reply with quote
What a pity.......I was just about to order some liquid Oat Beta Glucan from GoW, but now that I learn about the fact it is rather comedogenic I start doubting.
Is it really that bad? My skin is pretty acne prone.........would you discourage me to use it, or shall I still give it a try?

Thanks,
Jouke
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Almost all of the reactions to Oat Beta Glucans I've heard about were a result of people using them full strength ... and it really isn't meant to be used at full strength.

The Oat BG's are 1% in a solution of water, HA and some preservatives [necessary because of the water content, I presume] ... at least I believe that's the composition.

This 1% liquid is meant to be used in formations at a rate of 10% -20% at the highest.

This is a case of "more" not being "better".

If you use BG's they way they are supposed to be used, they, like any other active, can be a great boost to a product's effectiveness ... if, however, you misuse them, they are bound to cause problems.

Now, that said, there are going to be people who react badly to it regardless of how small an amount is in the formulation. Some people can't use Vitamin C serums ... some people can't tolerate Vitamin E in any amount. Everyone needs to find out what actives are of benefit to them and what actives aren't beneficial.

Just my thoughts ...

Mary

Jouke wrote:
What a pity.......I was just about to order some liquid Oat Beta Glucan from GoW, but now that I learn about the fact it is rather comedogenic I start doubting.
Is it really that bad? My skin is pretty acne prone.........would you discourage me to use it, or shall I still give it a try?

Thanks,
Jouke

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Yep I suspect it was the area of skin I applied BG neat that got bumps.

Ive been using Candys matrixyl which has BG in it with no problems. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:58 am      Reply with quote
I didn't use the Oat BG's at full strength, in fact, I only added maybe a 1/2 teaspoon in an ounce of cream that I was mixing up (my usual formulation, but with added BG's), and it clogged up my pores badly (still recovering actually after 3 months, slowly with OCM and monthly facials to get extractions)..

So somehow I just cannot use the Oat BG's. I remember I even tried it very, very diluted after getting the clogged pores and trying to see if it was just my imagination or if it really was the oat BG's, and it was. =\

BTW, I have at least 7oz of Oat liquid BG's sitting around here, anyone want them? pm me if you want to take it off my hands. lol.
araia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I am currently using Candys Matrixyl and although I love the stuff, I experienced some break outs. I suspected it was the BG. Now I am applying it in alternative days to get my skin adapted and it seems to work
System
Automatic Message
Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut V15 Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |