Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Beta Glucans
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Skincareaddicted,

thank you so much.
I did sent an email to Jen that I am interested in 2 liters.

TIA,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
catski--i am going to get some kefir grains soon so i can't wait to get started too! I also want to try the kombucha culture also. keep us updated on your progress please.

maiea--i know what you mean by being a student....i can't wait til graduation and when i actually make money!

Wow! You're diving right into the fermentation thing aren't you? lol.

Yes, I just finished everything in Dec, pretty close to Christmas actually was when I got everything done and handed in. Currently on the job hunt, though part of me also wants to take it easy for now since I felt so burnt out in Dec... it does mean I have to watch my spending a bit more though.
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in Canada, and I too am interested.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in Canada - add me to the list. Would love to try - it might really help heal my skin.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
catski--i am going to get some kefir grains soon so i can't wait to get started too! I also want to try the kombucha culture also. keep us updated on your progress please.

Lucy--you're welcome of course Smile

candy--thanks for the info on the shelf life, 2 years is quite awhile. i might buy like 3 or 4 litres.

majorb--i PMed markey so she should respond to this thread soon. she is so prompt like that Very Happy

maiea--i know what you mean by being a student....i can't wait til graduation and when i actually make money!

Thanks, skincareaddicted. Much appreciated!

Let's see if we can get some of us UK/European people together. I'll create a separate thread if that's okay.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
majorb--i checked the skin interactive board and it looks like they are winding down on the order requests so i would email Jen or let her know in the message board that you're interested and do the split later.

and you're welcome of course Smile

Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to give an update to all you lovely ladies that the buy is all filled up. We got the 20 kilos needed for the order. I wanted to thank you for your interest and the overwhelming response we got to this.
Thanks again!
Jen
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Aw, looks like we were too late. Although I'm sure they might do something similar in future at some point. Might be an idea to make plans so we're ready to act fast next time?
Sc4r1ett
5% products discount

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Why don't you come on over and join the skin interactives board? You'll get a warm welcome from Lise and the members!

Call this an official invitation from moi!

Scarlett
x
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Aw, looks like we were too late. Although I'm sure they might do something similar in future at some point. Might be an idea to make plans so we're ready to act fast next time?

I'm sorry to say I missed this, earlier.

I'm in for if there's a next time, though. PM me, if the occasion arises, would you, as I seem to be good at missing things.. Confused
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:

Since the demand was much more than expected, it seems very likely that Markey will be stocking the liquid beta glutans in the future.

But yes, for more up to date news, i would take Scarlett's suggestion and join Skin Interactive too Very Happy. Markey frequent the SI board a little more often I believe.

Kristen Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I hope she does start stocking it. That'd be great. It certainly seems that there's plenty of demand for it. Very Happy
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
BTW I've just signed up to the forum, Sc4rlett and am awaiting approval. Thanks for the invite! Very Happy
Sc4r1ett
5% products discount

Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Fantastic! see you there x
Lili
5% products discount

Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Hope you all come over and visit! I have loved (and belonged) to this forum for years -- but been too active with my forum (SI) lately.

Did Carekate come out with her lash-growing serum yet? I posted in November about my daughter missing the middle of her eyebrow due to a vicious dogbite:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17462&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50

and wanted to try some of her stuff when it was available!

Thanks -- Lise
www.skininteractive.proboards28.com
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Lise,

As far as I know CareKate's Serum is hoping to make an appearance around March of his year. Of course, this will all depend on whether she manages to get everything sorted out patent-wise, etc. So keep your fingers crossed!

I'm sure there'll be a huge hullabaloo over here when it does arrive as we're all desperate to try it. Laughing
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lise! I didn't know you were an EDS member too. Nice to see you Smile .

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to update a message posted on the Skin Interactive forum by panda about getting some beta glucans for members who missed out on the co-op:

Quote:
For those of you that didn't get in on the co-op purchase, Garden of Wisdom is going to be selling smaller quantities of this product so contact Markey if you are interested.

http://skininteractive.proboards28.com/index.cgi?board=gardenofwisdom&action=display&thread=1170549821&page=1

I am excited to be getting mine and will definitely post a review when i do.

HTH,
Kristen

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Oh yay! If you follow the link SI link, it looks like Markey is selling it! http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/4073723/4210836.htm

So between this and my sea kelp...I'm planning on having very healthy and happy skin Very Happy
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi StellaMarie--i second your emotion here, can't wait for the beta glucans, i will certainly be busy mixing concoctions!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Skincareaddicted,

thank you so much.
I did sent an email to Jen that I am interested in 2 liters.

TIA,
Lucy.

Lucy,
Two liters is a lot of product! How and what are you going to use it?
I missed the group buy, but I plan to buy 8oz from Markey at Garden of Wisdom. I am just thinking that maybe I should buy 16oz instead. Do you know what is the shelf life of it?

Thank you.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Doba,

I ordered 3 litres Very Happy . It is for my family too since beta glucans has been proven to lower cholesterol, we plan to take the beta glucans internally as well as use it for skincare purposes. It is medical grade and i remember reading that it has a shelf life of about 2 or 3 years.

HTH, Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Doba,

I took 2 liters for myself and my mom.
I had also heard that the shelf life is about 2 years.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Lucy and Kristen,

Thank you. Now it makes sense.

I didn't know that you can also take it internally.
belleoftheball
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:22 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Lili"]Hope you all come over and visit! I have loved (and belonged) to this forum for years -- but been too active with my forum (SI) lately.

Did Carekate come out with her lash-growing serum yet? I posted in November about my daughter missing the middle of her eyebrow due to a vicious dogbite:

and wanted to try some of her stuff when it was available!

Thanks -- Lise

Hello gorgeous! I must say that I lurve the skininteractive forum very much and not in a cheap sleazy way either!

Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |