Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Institut Esthederm Intensive Hyaluronic Mask (75 ml)
Dermalogica Story
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I was working from home today and caught an episode of the show "The Doctors" featuring famous TV moms from shows of the 70s, 80s, etc.

Alley Mills (now 61) was on the show, promoting the Dermalogica line as the secret to her youthful looks - imagine my shock when she held up her hands and they were almost completely covered by hyperpigmentation spots.

I am surprised that a celebrity, married to a celebrity- wouldn't already have these lasered away and yet, still pushing anti-aging products..

Her important statement of the day is that Dermalogica has a Vitamin C product.

BFG
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Good catch BFG! Very Happy

And apparently she's gone on record saying she "only uses natural products" on her skin. Hmm... I dint know silicones and nylon are "natural" now! This is the ingreds list for Dermatologica's Multivitamin Serum:

"ingredients

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Tricaprylin, Tribehenin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Silica, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Hydrogenated Phosphatidyl Choline, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-14, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Cera Alba, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Linoleic Acid, Beta-Sitosterol, Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, Stearoxymethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lecithin, Butylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Limonene."
http://www.dermalogica.com/multivitamin-power-serum/159,default,pd.html

Puleeez ...

Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I second your "puleez" Laughing
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:34 am      Reply with quote
The spots were many, large and dark and reminded me of my 90+ year old great grandmother - it was quite a shock to see such on a 60+ person hawking a skincare line aimed at anti-aging.

BFG
Bluegentian
5% products discount

Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Weird about the hands I agree for someone pushing products. I have used Dermalogica in the past and liked them, and just bought a Dermalogica Multivitamin treatment mask! Perhaps not a wise move!

But your comment on ingredients prompted me to reply as I've just been trying to google ingredients in a serum and face cream I just hought. Think you need to be an organic chemist to understand such lists! After 2 hours I'm only half way through and not necessarily any wiser. Think we could do with a thread de-mystifying ingredients.

There seems to be very little research about whether any of these ingredients are safe in the long term. Nylon as you say is not a natural product but considered low risk (based on what I don't know!) Silica on the other hand is a naturally occurring mineral common in rocks and sands (think beaches). A crystalline form is quartz, which you might know from costume jewelry .. Used to be used in watches for accuracy. Still, advice is vague about long term use in cosmetics. The amorphous form is considered safer, but how do you know which form is in your face cream?

Am I just being OCD?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I suppose it also has to do with the area we want to concentrate on. I've been so worried about my face, that I've really neglected my hands. While I am 50, I truly think that my hands scream 60 plus. Mostly it's due to genetics and over-exposure to sun. I can't seem to get them looking okay -- wish gloves were fashionable 24/7!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I used to work with Dermalogica and I didn't love it. The Age Smart Oil (cant remember the real name) smell so strong I cant imagine using it on my face straight. Adding a few drops to the Multivit Treatment masque is much better and the masque is nice.
The Thermofoliant is nice, the daily micro is nice (but not daily), special cleansing gel... I used the Super Rich Repair on my 11 year old son every night all winter because it helped so much. But this winter I have no doubt I will find something else that will work well!

My main issues with the line is theirlove of dimethicone and silicone. I don't like that fake silky feel. But it is a big seller and lots and lots of people world wide use it.

ETA When the multivit power serum came out last year it was a big seller. I have one tube left and have been using it on my hands. So it cracks me up that the woman on the doctors has bad hands while hawking the serum!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I've been concentrating on my face for some time, but the past couple years, started with my hands too because they were beginning to show age.

I have *completely* eliminated two age spots just by using the same products and devices on my hands as I do on my face....and I have yet to try any lasers - this was simply through sunscreen, needling, retinoids, topical vitamins and a few peels.

I hope I can continue to keep my hands clear and spot free - there is a bit of wrinkling that I can't seem to do much for....

BFG
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Well for some ppl gloves ARE fashionable 24/7. Karl said that he hates his hands so he compensates with the biker gloves:

I agree about treating the backs of the hands with the same products as the face/neck/chest! And I wear gloves when outside in the sun too: either leather work gloves or UV sunsleeves for driving.

5% products discount

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:52 am      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:

My main issues with the line is theirlove of dimethicone and silicone.

I'm only just getting to grips with ingredients.I've just read up on these and I can see now why some creams/tinted moisturizers give me spots. It is quite hard to sort the good from the bad given that ingredient lists often run into dozens. Especially when all I can find about them is 'approved for cosmetic use' or words to that effect. Thanks for highlighting that one Very Happy
Bluegentian
5% products discount

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:43 am      Reply with quote
Have just noticed that the laser aftercare complex for use with Reaura contains dimethicone!
projectbeauty
5% products discount

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
It's no secret that most products and brands recommended on Dr OZ are only mentioned because some money passed hands.

Personally I like the guy, but I always take recommendations with a grain of salt.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Unilever purchased Dermalogica.

Hopefully they keep the the formulas the same.

http://www.unilever.com/news/press-releases/2015/unilever-to-acquire-dermalogica-skincare.html#.VYwQbnJq33Q.facebook

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested in there ve mask,does anyone use it?
nick850914
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:46 am      Reply with quote
the multi-vitamine maske is nice
System
Automatic Message
Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm HA Plumping  Serum (30 ml) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml) Osmotics Blue Copper 5 Anti-Aging Body Lift (150 ml / 5 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |