Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

"Too Good to be True"? Karen Herzog Cellulite Crea
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ginderella
5% products discount

Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:06 am      Reply with quote
After reading the great reviews on the Karen Herzog line by "Bluesheart" I checked out their site and wonder if anyone has tried their cellulite cream? It sounds to good to be true.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I just had a Karin Herzog facial earlier today and discussed the Sillhouette cream with the esthetician. She said it really does work and even better with the Tonus B12 Cream afterward to deliver necessary vitamins to the body.

http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/asp/product.asp?product=192&ph

I am planning to test these two products out at some point but all the reviews are very positive about the Sillhouette. IMO, KH products really all do deliver but it's a matter of taking it slowly to see how they work for you, individually.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. Please let me know how you like it if you try it.
Ginderella

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Sure will, ginderella. Might be awhile but I'll let you know.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
if It sounds to good to be true,it probably not true

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Bump
anyone tried this? or heard anything about it??
Lou
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Been getting some great press lately. I just bought the two products and you can feel them doing something.

But I love all of my KH products. Best ever skincare line. I'm hoping the body line will be too.

Sis
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Been getting some great press lately. I just bought the two products and you can feel them doing something.

But I love all of my KH products. Best ever skincare line. I'm hoping the body line will be too.

Sis

Sis, are you saying that you have purchased the Sillhouete and Tonus B12? Please, do keep us posted on your progress with those.
R.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
lavinada

Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I used the Karen Herzog cellulite duo (tonus B12 and silhouette cream) for 6 months and sadly didn't see any difference. I would be interested to know the results anybody else has had as I must admit I was quite taken in by the marketing at the time and kept plugging away and ordering new tubes as I was convinced it would eventually work. The other problem is, they were (I don't know if this is still the case) sold as a duo set but the sillouette cream is used up much faster than the Tonus B12 (something to do with the consistency) so I ended up having to buy more sillhoutte tubes which was not at all cost effective.
As I say, I would love to hear other people's opinions as there was such a lot of positive press I am wondering if I was just unlucky or it really is too good to be true!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I have the Silhouette but I have not seen ANY DIFFERENCE at all with this product. Aside from that, I found that the amount you get is far too little if you plan on using it everyday. To me, it was a bit of a rip off. It's only a 150 ml tube and perhaps I have more cellulite than most people but it's not enough product to last a decent amount of time. Just my opinion.
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished reading the PDF file from the Karen Herzog site, and I must admit, I am EXTREMELY sceptical concerning "blasting oxygen gas" into the skin as a cellulite treatment. To be quite honest, in my opinion this simple cannot be done by a cream or lotion. What is "carrying" the oxygen...in "gaseous" form...into the skin?? If you want to play word games in a "sales spin" form, then water, which is in ALL creams and lotions, contains one atom of Oxygen for every molecule of water. Therefore, EVERY cream and lotion that contains water, carries oxygen into the skin.

Can one of the users of these products please list the ingredients (the Karen Herzog site does not, which is a red flag in my opinion) so we can see which, if any, truly cellulite fighting active ingredients are in these products?

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the list of ingredients for Silhouette - it's a very short list:

Aqua - Paraffinum Liquidum - Glycerin - Stearyl Alcohol - Polysorbate 20 - Hydrogen Peroxide - Parfum - and that's it!!
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks leeleedeedee, the ingredients list, as usual, says it all. Let's take a close look at it.

First, the primary ingredient is water which is typical for a cream or lotion. Noticing the short list of ingredients, the water content here could be 60% or higher. And keep in mind, the cost of water in a formula is about 1 US cent per kilogram! So one kilogram of this formula only costs 60 cents (or slightly more if the water content is higher) to start with. Therefore, a 150ml tube would only cost 9 cents for 60 -70% of its content!!

Next, paraffinum liquidum is going to be a liquid wax, part of the "oil phase" to give texture and feel for the lotion. Nothing spectacular here, and it's certainly not an anti-cellulite ingredient. It's also another inexpensive raw material, probably loaded at about 5 to 10%.

Glycerin is a humectant that draws water to itself so this would be a moisturizing agent in the formula. Glycerin is dirt cheap, and is probably loaded at about 3 to 5% in this formula.

The Stearyl Alcohol and the Polysorbate 20 are probably used as the emulsifying system in this formula. They hold the liquid wax and the parfum (fragrance) in the water to create a cream or lotion. Neither of these are anti-cellulite ingredients, and they are also low cost raw materials.

...Hydrogen Peroxide....OK, here it is. This is where they are claiming the "gaseous oxygen" blast. If you've ever put drug store hydrogen peroxide on your skin after getting a cut, you notice how it bubbles up which is a gas release. But, this happens on contact and is very fleeting. The molecule does contain oxygen and some of it is probably released in gas form, but certainly not deep into the skin layer!! No way! And notice that it is next to last in the ingredients list, which means it is a very low loading, perhaps as low as 1 or 2%. Not much activity can be expected from a low loading like that.

Bottom line, the product had a price of 33 pounds for the 150ml bottle. That's about $66.00 US Dollars. The cost of the ingredients to make the 150ml product in my opinion is about $1.00 or even less!! The Hydrogen Peroxide will make your skin tingle, but so what, if it can't take the oxygen deep into the skin where the cellulite is trapped.

After seeing this ingredients list, all I can say is please take your $66.00 US dollars elsewhere and find a product that contains real anti-cellulite active ingredients.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hydrogen Peroxide is not good for your skin. I used it for cuts, etc. During a visit to the hospital I was told by Nurses and Doctors that it actually damages the tissue.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:07 am      Reply with quote
NOTCH wrote:
After seeing this ingredients list, all I can say is please take your $66.00 US dollars elsewhere and find a product that contains real anti-cellulite active ingredients.

John, you might want to read the patent...while I am not a chemist, I found it to be quite interesting.

And having used this line for some time, I can tell you that the HP impact is far longer lasting than "fleeting"...I could not personally handle the impact of their VK2 face cream and had to stop using the whole line.

Also, there is a very specific manner of applying their topicals, and anyone not using that method is not exeperiencing what the product really offers.

There are also quite a few rave reviews for this product on the KH thread under the Product Reviews forum...this is the group that can best answer any questions that you may have.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28480

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:35 am      Reply with quote
doohicus wrote:
Hydrogen Peroxide is not good for your skin. I used it for cuts, etc. During a visit to the hospital I was told by Nurses and Doctors that it actually damages the tissue.

3% HP is good for the initial cleaning of a surface wound, but should not be used on deep wounds as it can impair the development of new tissue and disrupt the wound healing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:19 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
doohicus wrote:

3% HP is good for the initial cleaning of a surface wound, but should not be used on deep wounds as it can impair the development of new tissue and disrupt the wound healing.

Thanks for that clarification, Bethany. I was about to get concerned as I have been using hydrogen peroxide since childhood for surface wounds.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your comment Bethany, I would like to read the Patent. Do you happen to have a Patent number for it that I can search? I still feel that there is no way to get "gaseous oxygen" deep into the layers of skin where subcutaneous fat in the form of cellulite resides. I want to see how they say they accomplish it.

I do know that there are many, proven active ingredients that do work against cellulite including individually, and in combination:
caffiene
aminophylline
areaumat samphira
Lanachrys 2B
Ruscogenins

When I look for a subcutaneous fat/cellulite removal product, I look for these active ingredients, and I always watch journals for new active ingredients being released for use. I think you know that Sandy and I are competitive bodybuilders, and we use this type of product to eliminate as much of the subcutaneous fat from under our skin a possible before a show. It gives us an edge that is often needed to place high in competition.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
John, Here is one of the patent links that were posted when KH first got so popular on EDS:

http://www.google.no/patents?id=yVsBAAAAEBAJ
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the Patent reference havana8. It appears that this concept for Vitamin A, hydrogen peroxide, and glucose was Patented in 1993. The concept is very interesting. The glucose is supposed to break down in the presence of hydrogen peroxide to drive Vitamin A into the skin. I suspect that this physical chemistry concept is correct.

However, in this specific case where we are talking about an anti-cellulite cosmetic product I would like to point out several things that still makes me suspicious.

1) The ingredients list does not contain "glucose" at all. So, there is no glucose to break down in the presence of hydrogen peroxide. Thus, no "gaseous oxygen" can form...

2) A cosmetic supplier known as B & T, which I am not affiliated with in any way, has come out with a whole series of Olive based raw materials. They often compete head to head against Glucose, and glucose based raw materials. I went to one of their technical seminars this past fall, and they had Transepidermal water loss data (TEWL) that showed glucose materials actually dry out the skin as compared to olive based raw materials, among others. This concept is further reinforced by a recent Scandavian based University study that stated most creams and lotions dry out the skin over time rather than moisturize. This is all due to using incorrect emollients and emulsifying systems, and glucose is among those raws. Apparently, KH and the Patent process neglected to mention this fact, which is their right, but it's not very good news to unsuspecting consumers.

3) As I suspected...the Patent lists several "typical" formulas. In each formula, over 70% of water is used. That means the costs of most of the KH formulas of this type has to be dirt cheap to manufacture. So, why are they charging $66.00 per 150ml bottle?? This is one of my pet peaves concerning the big cosmetic houses who gouge the consumer with ridiculously high prices.

John

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the cellulite and B12 duo on their tummy? Does it work? I am hoping that it will help me with the stretch mark and to reduce my flabby tummy.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC Crease Ease Emulsion (50 ml) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |