Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Obagi Nu Derm -- Moisturizer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kimmystu

Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am sorry if this has been asked before but I am on week 2 of using this full system. I am confused... my kit came with a moisturizer. Should I not use this? Also, I have started breaking out in pimples which I did not have before. Is this normal? My skin is definitely experiencing the dryness and looking like hell for lack of a better word. My derm prescribed this and in six weeks I will be doing a Fraxel. Anyone else gone this route? I have fairly fair skin and freckles.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
I did obaji nuderm years ago and I am actually thinking about doing it again. It is miserable ..but in six weeks your skin will look amazing. It will do more for you than the fraxel.

What saved me was when I finally bought a clarsonic many weeks into the program. I used it twice a day and it made a huge difference in the peeling dry skin on my face. It totally exfoliated it off so it didn't look so bad.

I think they've added the moisturizing cream to help with the dry flaky skin. Back then..they didn't offer that. I used my own.

I also recall that it was aggressive when I did it..and I've heard of options to take it slower ..applying the products days apart to keep the skin less inflamed.

Good luck with your skin transformation. It is rough..but worth it!!!
Chicki

Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I came here to ask about this too, my kit came with a bottle of hydrate, should I not be using it? What did you end up doing OP?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hello I have been IMA for quite a while but now I am back Very Happy
I did Obagi years ago also and just started up again 3 weeks ago.

The moisturizer that came with your kit is it the Action ??

I have always used an intensive moisturizer at night when doing Obagi. As far as I understand it in no way inhibits the results it just lessons the misery.
I use shea butter cream at the moment. It really reduces the redness, flaking and the tightness.
http://www.essentialwholesale.com/product/981/shea-butter-creme

Also it is imperative that you use an SPF daily moisturizer as your skin is so sensitive to sun right now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm a long time user of Obagi but now just use it once or twice a year for maintenance. I hardly ever need moisturiser at all but when you're doing the full regime, you can choose to go slower and more gently by skipping days or reducing the amount of product you apply and by using moisturizer when you really feel your skin needs it.

It may take a bit longer to achieve the results you want but it makes the process more bearable and may allow people to continue rather than giving up completely.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:57 am      Reply with quote
It has been a while I haven't used Obagi Nu derm system over 4 or 5 years.
My face started to have freckles again and darker darker every day. I decided to come back but there are so many changes. No Hydroquinon??? FX is working the same??
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Essential Corrective Complex (10 ml / 0.34 floz) Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |