Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

EmerginC VitaminC + Retinol Mask (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Mask Hydrating Gel (150 g / 5.1 floz)
::Review:: Orlane Extrait Vital Emulsion - love it!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Ok, my last review for tonight (I'm slowly catching up on all the reviews I want to write...).

I might be a bit biased in writing this review as this product is a rather sentimental product for me - for this is the product that started it ALL - it started my fascination and love of skin care.

I first got this maybe 7 years ago (a while ago anyway) when I was a poor student trying to get through uni. My (now ex-) boyfriend's mum was using this and I happened to try it when I was using her bathroon ( Embarassed ). It was *so* nice - a very light fluid, lovely smell and skin felt so silky and soft. Long story short (or at least a bit shorter anyway), she ended up getting me a bottle as a gift when she went duty-free shopping (this was *way* over my budget, especially since Orlane is quite expensive in Aus as well). I also have to add that this woman, who was about 50 at the time, looked like she was in her early 30s. I am not saying that she owed it to Orlane (I'm sure diet and genetics played a big factor) but she said that she swears by this lotion and had been using this, pearl powder as a cleanser, and some other Orlane product (that I now really wish I could remember) for ages. Anyway, back to my story. I used this lotion to the last drop - it's probably one of the VERY few products that I milked for all it was worth and I could have squeezed out the glass bottle if I could have. After finishing it off, I really wanted to buy this again but the price was stopping me (it was before my time of internet shopping Smile).

Cut to years later, when I could now afford to buy this. I somehow forgot about this and was busy trying other things. But I have seen it on EDS and it was tempting. I finally succumbed and am now using this - I like it every bit as much as I did the first time. It's wonderfully light (perfect for my normal/combo skin), smells fab, leaves the skin feeling soft and moisturised, does not look greasy and does not give me the oilies later in the day. On another plus side, they have changed the packaging since the last time I used this (it used to be a bottle with a screw cap - the pic on EDS is the pic of the old bottle) and it's now an air-tight pump bottle Smile

Mabsy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Mabsy,
why do you have to be so darn convincing, you know I'm weak! Brick wall I mean come on, your talking about THE product that started your love affair with skincare. Of course now I want to try it!

Is this the biological emulsion for combo skin your talking about?

Would you mind reading through your bottle and letting me know if there are any questionable ingredients you know I can't use.

TIA!
Mabsy

Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Well, it was a LONG time ago and I was wondering if after all that I have tried I would still like this. Quite relieved that I do! I still have the box and shall have a look for you tomorrow and post the ingredients here Smile It could be considered by some as quite heavily fragranced though, so I'm not sure if you'd like it. To me it just smells nice, but then again you know about me and fragrances Smile
Mabsy

Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, forgot about this Embarassed

Here we go:

Water, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, butylene glycol, propylene glycol dipelargonate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, mineral oil, hydrogenated polyisobutene, glyceryl stearate se, stearic acid, algae extract, triethanolamine, phenoxyethanol, polysorbate 60, hydrolyzed wheat protein, sorbitan stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, chamomile extract, glycine, methylparaben, fragrance, sodium pca, lanolin alcohol, dimethicone brassica campestris (rapeseed) sterols, carbomer, ethylparaben, tertasodium edta, sodium lactate, benzophenone-4, chlorhexidine digluconate, hydrolyzed collagen, hydrolized glycosaminoglycans

Mabsy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy THANK-YOU SO MUCH for posting the ingredients!!
Unfortunately, (well maybe fortunately for my wallet) I can't use it as it contains lanolin and is not vegan. Thanks though.
Mabsy

Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick update on this because I finished the bottle today. It took me a while, but that's because I can never use up anything before trying other stuff Embarassed

I am still really loving this - this is such a light lotion with a very pleasant weak fragrance. I find that I can use this all over, including the eye area. Recently this has been my moisturiser of choice when I'm too tired to do anything at night. I just wash my face and apply this all over and head to bed. I will definitely be repurchasing this in the near future. I find it a bit ironic that this is one of the first high end products I have tried, I've tried way more than I should have since then, and I still really like this one and I want to keep buying it Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy-
I got a sample of this when I bought my B21 Extreme Line Reducing Extract (that I discussed in another thread).
I have to admit, Orlane had a hard time winning me over. I had always thought of Orlane as being for an older woman- the products were too perfumey (they still are Sad ), the boxes too Dynasty and I thought it was a line past it's prime.
I was wrong.
Extrait Vital was as light and silky as you described, but, for the lightweight texture, amazingly hydrating. It really did an impressive job on my skin- for some reason, many lotions seem to never "penetrate"- they just sit there and do nothing. Not this one, though.
You may want to check my post on the B21 Extreme Line Reducing Extract- although, at 27, you probably don't need it yet.
The price tag, however, could age you enough to bring you up to the suggested user age group.
If you are a regular Orlane shopper, ask for a sample. The results are fast (3 days for me) and impressive -but, regrettably, not permanent Crying or Very sad .

Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
product_junkie - Laughing I actually had a completely different view of Orlane when I started and I think it's because I started with this moisturiser. After trying that there were a few other creams that I tried and was a bit disappointed with. For example, the Super Moisturizing Concentrate does absolutely live up to its name but I really didn't care for the scent of it - so much so that I would not repurchase this. There are a few other Orlane products that are really nice though, like, for example, the Anti-Fatigue Eye Cream. This is also a super light lotion, doesn't do jack for dark circles which is what I bought it for, but as an eye area moisturiser it was great Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I just applied this on my face. I really like the texture and how fast it absorbed. My skin was peeling a little from using Skinceutical's retinod 0.5. but this totally smooth everything for me. I remember reading it somewhere that emulsion can better penetrate skin than cream-based products.

The only down side is the strong fragrance. But, this won't stop me from loving this product cause I get used to scent very easily. I just applied a heavier night cream with a scent I am more used to on it. I think this can seal in more moisture too.

My cat was the one who kept sniffing my face after I put on this product Very Happy

Edited to add that now I don't think the smell is strong anymore. It actually smells pretty nice like baby powder.

Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:09 am      Reply with quote
I thought I'd update this because I finished yet another bottle of it the other day and - yes - I definitely plan on buying another. I still like this very runny lotion as much as I first did. In fact, I went to a spa the other day with a friend and she forgot her moisturiser. I had this with me so she used it. I had an email the next morning asking me what lotion she used the night before because her skin seems to have loved it. She said that her skin doesn't usually show much difference with moisturisers (not sure what she usually uses) but it felt really soft after using this one. So, she's now planning to buy a bottle too (and if she doesn't then at least I know what to get her for Christmas Dancing ).
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Just to update on this product. I still love it and its a really good pre-makeup base.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |