Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12)
Dermapen Personal - anyone try this yet?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I was searching for at home microneedling pens and found this. They're in Australia but they ship everywhere and appear to be the real deal, meaning not a clone, but an actual at home device made by the same people who make the professional model:

http://www.dermapenworld.com/products/dermapen-personal.html

Kind of steep for me - roughly $450-500 with shipping, but it looks very intriguing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I think Keliu and BFG have posted about this in the past, but no one has tried it as I recall.

However, the needles are even shorter than we had previously discussed...only .3mm. So I don't see how they can make all the claims below.

Quote:
Using advanced vibrating vertical needling technology, multiple needles, adjustable speed settings and fixed needle depth 0.3mm, Dermapen™ Personal pierces your skin at 90 degrees at a rate of over 1300 holes per second

Quote:
Dermapen™ Personal is the perfect at-home solution for a wide range of cosmeceutical treatments, including:
Skin tightening, natural collagen induction, lifting and rejuvenation
Improving wrinkles and fine lines
Open pore minimisation
Improving stretch marks
Enhancing clinic treatments
Aiding penetration of treatment solutions.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Ah - I didn't notice that it only goes to .3. What fun is poking your face with needles, if you can't draw blood? Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Keliu found this site earlier in a different thread. I looked at maybe getting one of these but the personal model has a fixed needle depth of 0.3mm. There is not an adjustable knob on the pen like the other models. I don't think they will sell you the medical one that goes to 2.5mm but I didn't contact them to ask either.

You might be able to just buy the other needles but I don't see a way to adjust the depth so I don't think it would work.
The needles are kind of pricey at 15AUD a piece for the fixed .03mm.

The have this for sale also. Interesting that this product includes Zinc as an anti-inflammatory. They say it is a different HA but other then the zinc added I don't see anything special.

Dermapen Dermaceuticals™ HA HylaActive™ Serum

Suitable as both a medium whilst conducting the treatment and as a post homecare recommendation.

Here are the ingredients.
Contains HylaFuse™ Complex. The HylaFuse™ Complex is a breakthrough in skin care technology. The HylaFuse™ Complex acts like a “second skin”: it hydrates the skin’s surface layer (stratum corneum) and maintains movement of water, biologically active ingredients, and small water-soluble molecules toward the skin’s deeper layers. The HylaFuse™ Complex is different from all other forms of hyaluronic acid (hyaluronan*) available on the market today. What makes the HylaFuse™ Complex different, for use in cosmetic and skin care products, is content, design and hydrating properties.
Click here for more information on HylaFuse™ Complex
Contains Zinc – beneficial as an anti-inflammatory, as well as an accelerant in the healing process
Contains Vitamin B5 – critical to improved wound healing and barrier function. Promotes fibroblast proliferation and epidermal re-epithelialization. Additionally, Panthenol (B5) enhances penetration of product into the skin.

Ingredient List

Water, Hyaluronic Acid, Zinc, B5 Pantothenic Acid, Benzylalcohol/ Dehydroacetic Acid

http://www.dermapenworld.com/products/dermapen-dermaceuticals.html

ETA: Can anyone who has had a professional Dermapen treatment done verify that this is the product that is used during a treatment? Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if this is the thread to post this in but has anyone seen this study comparing dermarolling and the Dermapen on the treatment of atrophic acne scarring? Now it is on a linked on a Dermapen sale site so take that into account but it does use the Visionscan VC98 to scan the scars. If you scan down to page 29 that is an impressive before and after picture.

http://www.dermapenworld.com/LiteratureRetrieve.aspx?ID=120435

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Well, until a reliable device at a reasonable price comes out, I'll keep eyeing the Dermastamp at Sarah's site. I've been thinking about microneedling for over a year, I just have to find the stones to actually do it...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for providing that CookieD. It definitely fits with my results which were, none that I could tell from rolling, but a visible difference after one treatment with the My-M. I don't love doing it to myself, I don't consider it relaxing or anything, but for these kinds of results - and mine helped my lip lines very well, I am more than happy to have at it every six weeks. I gave up on the roller after two intense treatments, because for that much pain, I really wanted to see results. That's not to say that over time there wasn't a bit of collagen building going on, just not enough to justify the horror and agony. I also find the pen less painful for some reason - or may be that I have better numbing agent now... Actually no, because this last time I did both, and found the pen still less painful. Is the quick entry in and out I believe.

As for quicker recovery time with the pen, not so for me. I swell up like a pumpkin head and even bruise around my eyes. Swelling dissipates over 4 days while my skin recovers over 7-10. It's certainly more intense than with the roller for me. But worth it still if it deals with one of the problems I have found nothing else to help with.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

The have this for sale also. Interesting that this product includes Zinc as an anti-inflammatory. They say it is a different HA but other then the zinc added I don't see anything special.

Dermapen Dermaceuticals™ HA HylaActive™ Serum

Suitable as both a medium whilst conducting the treatment and as a post homecare recommendation.

Here are the ingredients.
Contains HylaFuse™ Complex. The HylaFuse™ Complex is a breakthrough in skin care technology. The HylaFuse™ Complex acts like a “second skin”: it hydrates the skin’s surface layer (stratum corneum) and maintains movement of water, biologically active ingredients, and small water-soluble molecules toward the skin’s deeper layers. The HylaFuse™ Complex is different from all other forms of hyaluronic acid (hyaluronan*) available on the market today. What makes the HylaFuse™ Complex different, for use in cosmetic and skin care products, is content, design and hydrating properties.
Click here for more information on HylaFuse™ Complex
Contains Zinc – beneficial as an anti-inflammatory, as well as an accelerant in the healing process
Contains Vitamin B5 – critical to improved wound healing and barrier function. Promotes fibroblast proliferation and epidermal re-epithelialization. Additionally, Panthenol (B5) enhances penetration of product into the skin.

Ingredient List

Water, Hyaluronic Acid, Zinc, B5 Pantothenic Acid, Benzylalcohol/ Dehydroacetic Acid

http://www.dermapenworld.com/products/dermapen-dermaceuticals.html

ETA: Can anyone who has had a professional Dermapen treatment done verify that this is the product that is used during a treatment? Thanks

I've had the HA Boost (that is listed on the DermaPen website) used during a treatment, but I don't think it is the same thing as the HylaFuse complex. Actually, the products seem to be different between the two sites.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Panda. I didn't know they sold these products for Dermapen treatments online. Some of them like the pigment one look really good for rolling. It has 3 types of Vit C. Plus Vit A, B and E. Each bottle does up to 10 treatments. So that's not bad for the price. I'm going to order some of these. They have a special going on right now for all 5 bottles get a HA free. For $330. Can anyone find the ingredient for the HA. I haven't been able to find it on the site yet.

ETA: They also sell a stretch mark minimized, photo-boost, scar corrector and numbing cream.

http://dermapen.com/shop/pigment-stabilizer-2/

http://dermapen.com/shop/cosmeceutical-special/

http://dermapen.com/shop/stretch-mark-minimizer/

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the HA-boost and Pigment stabilizer from Dermapen. I'll let you know what I think of them when I do my next treatment. Be aware that shipping is a rip off. Their standard shipping charge is $19.95. That's really pricey for 2 one oz. bottles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Zinc is an important nutrient for wound healing and skin care, one source of info:

http://chriskresser.com/nutrition-for-healthy-skin-part-1

BFG
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:10 am      Reply with quote
The DermaPen model that I was looking at from this site was the "Professional" - this is the one between the "Personal" and the "Medical". It has the variable needle lengths - but is priced at around AUD$1,450.00 which was too expensive for me at the time. I'd love to own one though!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
The DermaPen model that I was looking at from this site was the "Professional" - this is the one between the "Personal" and the "Medical". It has the variable needle lengths - but is priced at around AUD$1,450.00 which was too expensive for me at the time. I'd love to own one though!

Keliu, you bought one of the My-M clones from ebay, didn't you? I recall you weren't thrilled but were okay with it. Can you tell me which seller you used? There are several on ebay and if I get a wild hair I may buy one of those...these lip lines are really getting me down! Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Actually, that would have been a great price. The US DermaPen website has a "summer special" that includes the Aesthetic model (which I think is the Professional model that you were looking at) with a retail price of $2,000 USD. I have say that I am really confused by the two sites. They are obviously the same company, yet so different - in terms of both devices and products they sell. Odd.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:37 am      Reply with quote
If you do a search here on the forum, you will find a list of the currently known competitors to My-M, Dermajet, DermaPen, etc.. you might consider contacting some of the others for better prices, better devices, etc.

BFG
JamesM
5% products discount

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:29 am      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Actually, that would have been a great price. The US DermaPen website has a "summer special" that includes the Aesthetic model (which I think is the Professional model that you were looking at) with a retail price of $2,000 USD. I have say that I am really confused by the two sites. They are obviously the same company, yet so different - in terms of both devices and products they sell. Odd.

So just to set things straight, I am writing from the company that produces the Dermapen. The US site that you see is run by our US distributor, the Australian company who I work for is the producer of the Dermapen. The official worldwide website is dermapenworld.
I am sorry for any confusion.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi James--I'm cross posting this from the other Dermapen thread so that you don't miss the question.

Many of us are really, really interested in the Dermapen but simply don't have the money to get a bunch of professional treatments done. We are also responsible adults and capable of not misusing a device like Dermapen. Many of the users here jumped on the potential of needling for anti-aging long before doctors and estheticians. Companies like yours were driven by and seriously benefited from the interest and early adoption of needling by serious skin care hobbyists like are found on this discussion board.

Given all this, will Dermapen be coming out with an affordable, high-quality consumer device that offers decent needle penetration (option of up to 2mm lengths) anytime in the near future?

I know there would be a good market niche for such a device, and many of us here would pay a fair price for a quality device from a company of your repute. Really. It would be a win-win for Dermapen as well as consumers. There would not even be a downside for practitioners, because most of the women who would want to needle themselves at home aren't going to pony up the money for a series of professional treatments, anyway. For example, I might get one treatment to see how my auto-needling technique varies from a professional, but even if I can't find a sustainably good auto-needler for home use, I cannot afford to get medical needling treatments. I'll simply continue to buy rollers, or if I'm really concerned about the "microtearing" from rollers, dermastamps.

And if the industry tries to take away the ability of consumers to treat themselves (by, say, lobbying for legislation in various countries to ban *all* needling devices, even manual ones, except in med spas or medical offices) then many of us will just go without, or bootleg off the internet somehow. But everyone loses that way.

So what do you think? A quality consumer Dermapen device with decent length needles would be a win-win for everyone!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:

So what do you think? A quality consumer Dermapen device with decent length needles would be a win-win for everyone!

Hopefully James will post back - but in the mean time I just wanted to point out that the "Professional" model is available for consumers. It has a needle range of 0.25 – 1.0mm - this may be less than you want but according to allot of the research, a length of 1.0mm is perfectly adequate for collagen stimulation and IMO is more suitable for home use. When I enquired (which was a while ago) the price was AUD$1,450.00.
http://www.dermapenworld.com/products/dermapen-professional.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Yubs wrote:

Hopefully James will post back - but in the mean time I just wanted to point out that the "Professional" model is available for consumers. It has a needle range of 0.25 – 1.0mm - this may be less than you want but according to allot of the research, a length of 1.0mm is perfectly adequate for collagen stimulation and IMO is more suitable for home use. When I enquired (which was a while ago) the price was AUD$1,450.00.

Huh. I thought I had read that the needle length was only 0.25. My bad. Thanks for pointing that out, Keliu.

But then we get back to the issue of "reasonable price". $1450 in anybody's dollars is not particularly reasonable. I paid that kind of price once for Reaura but can't and won't pay that much for any device ever again. There are too many other options out there for needling. Especially since the technology and manufacturing for Dermapen is established now, the price could likely come down by 1/3 or more without hurting the company, but still immensely benefitting consumers.

ETA: James did post back in the original Dermapen thread, if you didn't see it already.

2ETA: It's the Dermajet thread James posted in! I saw "Derma" in the title and assumed it was Dermapen. But the Dermajet thread is back.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Yubs wrote:

Huh. I thought I had read that the needle length was only 0.25. My bad. Thanks for pointing that out, Keliu.

But then we get back to the issue of "reasonable price". $1450 in anybody's dollars is not particularly reasonable. I paid that kind of price once for Reaura but can't and won't pay that much for any device ever again. There are too many other options out there for needling. Especially since the technology and manufacturing for Dermapen is established now, the price could likely come down by 1/3 or more without hurting the company, but still immensely benefitting consumers.

ETA: James did post back in the original Dermapen thread, if you didn't see it already.

2ETA: It's the Dermajet thread James posted in! I saw "Derma" in the title and assumed it was Dermapen. But the Dermajet thread is back.

Didn't realise that the DermaJet thread is back up, I'll go check it out.

It's the DermaPen "Personal" which has a fixed needle length of 0.3mm.
http://www.dermapenworld.com/products/dermapen-personal.html

$1,450 is certainly allot - it's why I didn't buy it. I'm still happy with the My-M but might consider buying a better device in the future. There's more competition out there now, so maybe the price will come down.

Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC Crease Ease Emulsion (50 ml) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Hydra-Gel Eye Patches (60 patches)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |