Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I swear I can't win with my eyelashes!!! Using Revitalash...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I ripped 90% of them out a little over two months ago with an eyelash curler and they are growing back...i have about 70% of them back, they are still growing. I've been using Revitalash since January....NOW on my other eye, the one I didn't pull out is dropping like crazy...all the longer ones...and it looks sparse and I have a small gap...They were very long and full, now they look crappy! I'm so upset! Anyone think Revialash is giving me my gaps and sparsness?

They do grow long from RL and get full, but then after 3 months they drop like crazy and look bad! I hope they return soon! I have to deal with my other ones growing back and now i have the other eye being bad!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
its part of the natural shedding process! Since you ripped out your lashes, your going to need a few more cycles for them to really just get right again. That does not mean no lashes ect for that time, just for them to get where you really want them prob a few more months is needed at least....Calm down, theres nothing in this world you can do that you already aren't.
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Is this typical with the JM formula as well?

Pippi
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
It would be typical with ANY lash product, you can't stop a natural growth/shedding process with your lashes, anymore than you could on the hair on your head.....
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I certainly understand that. But all my lashes do not all drop at once. Shock If they all started falling out together, I would be extremely upset as this is not a "normal" process for me. It would make me question the products I am applying to my lashes.

Same goes for my hair. If I began getting bald patches I would be worried and I am sure that would be a validated concern. Smile

Pippi
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Pippi_Plum wrote:
I certainly understand that. But all my lashes do not all drop at once. Shock If they all started falling out together, I would be extremely upset as this is not a "normal" process for me. It would make me question the products I am applying to my lashes.

Same goes for my hair. If I began getting bald patches I would be worried and I am sure that would be a validated concern. Smile

Pippi

hers did not "fall out at once" they were ripped out with an eyelash curler.... And once lashes do get very long, I think one notices the drop out a bit more, since you can really see there is a difference. But I could always be wrong and the lash products could cause a higher rate of turnover..but truely sounds just more like you see it more dramaticly

I personally did not have eiher issue. Mine did not just pop out all at once, I did go thru a shedding cycle but nothing dramatic or noticable at all. I stopped using JM only because of lid discoloration, which I hated...loved the lashes, hated the permanent eyeliner in brown/red
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
momtwin, RL has made my lashes really sparse and my eyelashes weren't that sparse before. I get major fallouts and it really irritates my eyes. It was really bothersome. My eyes were always red and dry from RL so I had to stop..
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
its part of the natural shedding process! Since you ripped out your lashes, your going to need a few more cycles for them to really just get right again. That does not mean no lashes ect for that time, just for them to get where you really want them prob a few more months is needed at least....Calm down, theres nothing in this world you can do that you already aren't.

I don't think u understand what i wrote above...the lash shedding is not from the eye I pulled the lashes out..those are in the growing back process, but the other eye was full and long and i have noticed shedding today...about 8 lashes fell out...mostly in one spot for some reason...i see lashes growing back...but I have to move the lashes around to make it not look like i have a gap! I hope i don't a lot of more shedding till they fill in...this happened 4 months ago in the same spot and they came back but i think the RL causes this. Its not fun at all! I can wear mascara which is good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
ok got it now, it still can be natural shedding, some start using these growth things in an odd time of their shedding cycle and end up in the situation ur speaking of. I think I just got lucky mine never did a mass fall out..anyhow if memory serves this was discussed adnausuem in the long long jm thread...it was chalked up to hitting ur shedding cyle all at once.....if ya want about 80 opinons read that original JM thread and you will find tons of info on shedding cyles...ect....
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am into my 3rd week of RL. I think I could notice slight growth after a week. Still nothing dramatic but I think there is lengthening. I have no irritation or side effects at all. I am still using it nightly but after more growth will drop to every few days. I really hope it doesnt cause shedding! Shock
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
wonder if I should stop using RL? I'm torn...they give me long lashes, but they shed a lot at one time and then regrow then it starts all over again! I use Ardell during the day sometimes. It helps my lashes stay put during the day and not look so sparse, cause I don't want to use mascara every day. Ardell is better for them, especially when I loose a ton from the RL. I can't afford mascara to damage them more, especially when its time to take off mascara. Ardell just comes off with warm water and no pulling or tugging involved! Anways, don't know what to to about RL...should i stop using it or cut back dosage to once or twice a week? They are sparse now so I might just use it every nite until i see them filling in and then cut back before they shed or just stop using it! ???

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I"m just trying out plain old castor oil at the base of my eyelashes. I apply with a q tip. So far so good, there's been some fast growth. I"ll see how my lashes look tomorrow with some mascara on....I've only been applying the castor oil for about 2 weeks.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Momtwin, I read somewhere on EDS that plain old vaseline may work to help grow out your lashes. Maybe you can try that? Also according to that post, it took the girl a year before she saw a solid result but maybe it's worth looking into. I don't think losing 8 lashes all from the same spot is acceptable. That will make it very noticeable. I have never lost that many lashes before.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
the plain old castor oil and/or vaseline will take about a year, and IT DOES WORK! Constant shedding with growth products tends to be a huge downside for some (actually a lot), not for others. I fell into the not for others side. Yet I still had side effects that were not acceptable for me, so back to good old vaseline for me!! I've used it all my life and my lashes start at 12.7ish, so perhaps I owe that to the vaseline!!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm HA Plumping  Serum (30 ml) Priori Minerals LCA fx110 Gentle Cleanser (180 ml / 6 fl oz) Luzern Serum Absolut V15

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |