Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm HA Plumping  Serum (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut V15 Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
Revitalash and eyelid redness
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have recently started using Revitalash and have noticed that the tiny veins on my eyelids right above the lash line look quite red and full. I'd read on previous threads how Revitalash would cause general redness at the lash line (and I have that as well) but the fact that the little veins are all angry looking too concerns me. I don't want any burst blood vessels on my eyelids. Anyone else have this problem? Is it just a temporary increase in circulation or has anyone had permanent eyelid redness from using either Revitalash or Jan Marini Age Intervention Eyelash?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am sorry this is happening to you. I have no suggestions based on experience, since I do not use this product nor the Jan Marini product. But, I cannot help but add that the countless threads on concerns of this type (do a search for redness/irritation w/ Revitalash/Jan Marini) make me wonder why there is even a second thought on continuing with its use. I understand the desirability of longer lashes, but goodness, it is your eyes. Please be careful.

And just to note, the reason that I do not use products of this type is because a side effect for the medicine that is used to treat glaucoma are longer lashes. This is one of the ingredients in the Jan Marini product. I am not certain if the Revitalash formula has this same ingredient to treat glaucoma, but common sense tells me that it must be something similar and I just don't want to use ANY medicine near my eyes. On a related note, I used to use these prescription only eye drops to treat a recurring eye infection and I never thought twice about the safety. However, my last trip to the opthamalogist educated me otherwise. My eye pressure had shot way up. Luckily, there was not any permanent damage in my case and everything is fine now, but in the worst case scenario, high eye pressure can lead to cataracts. I was horrified because I felt fine and my eyes looked fine; essentially, I had no idea what potential damage I was subjecting my eyes to, which to me was quite scary.

Anyhow, I am sorry for sounding possibly didactic and officious. I have just seen way too many threads on this topic.

I hope more immediately helpful advice is provided by other members. In the meantime, I would suggest that you stop using it until the redness subsides. Then, perhaps, reintroduce it and ascertain if indeed the redness is caused by the Revitalash. I hope it goes away soon. Take care!
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for your response. I agree with you that dealing with our eyes is an area we always need to be careful with. When I woke up this morning I felt like the redness/vascular irritation might be somewhat improved but now things are looking red again closer to bedtime. My eyes might just be tired from a long work day or it may be continued irritation from the Revitalash; I'm not sure which is the culprit. Either way, I'm not going to use the Revitalash tonight and see how I fare tomorrow. If it were just mild redness I wouldn't be so concerned but seeing the little blood vessels look so red and irritated makes me want to be more cautious about it. If I do decide to continue with the Revitalash I'm going to be more careful to only apply a tiny amount and to just get it on the base of the lashes. Again, thanks for your help!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am sorry to hear that.
I have been using RL for 6 months. It works perfect for me.
At the beginning, I applied a tiny amount and not very close to the eyes. Now, I feel safe to apply it and it works really good.

My friends saw my obvious result. I told them about RL. One friend has been using RL for more than a month and she is very happy with the result too!
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I did give my eyes a break for a night then went back to using the Revitalash in a smaller amount and applied carefully to my lash line only. It's been two nights now since I've restarted and there's not nearly as much redness and irritation as before. I guess I was just being too generous with the product. I'm thankful I am tolerating it better this way so I can look forward to some long lashes! Thanks.

Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Serum Line Lifting Transformation (30 ml / 1 oz) Dr Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Marine Oil-Free Moisture Cushion (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Priori Minerals LCA fx110 Gentle Cleanser (180 ml / 6 fl oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |