Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Doctor Babor Lifting RX Collagen Serum (4 bottles of net 3/16 fl. oz each) Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Lilash - eyelash growth serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shegill

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Good evening, Ladies.

Now that things have really heated up in the eyelash growth serum front, I find myself newly tormented by my dud eyelashes. I am one of the (evidently few) unfortunates on whom the famous Lush Lash did not work. Oh, my lashes are nicely glossy & conditioned to be sure, but no longer or thicker than they were to start.

Onward. I have been spending way too much time debating my next purchase: Jan Marini or Revitalash. A big expense for me, but I am so sick of thinking about this sad matter that I feel I have to pull the trigger, one way or the other.

So, two things happen. First the Jan Marini FDA crisis. At first (yesterday), this was clarifying--I'd choose RL and be done with it. Now (today), I see that RL contains the same worrisome glaucoma medication that made the FDA mad. *And*--according to lots of smarties on this board and the WSJ--looks like the furor over the medicine may be invented anyway, by the money-hungry folks who brought us Botox.

Color me confused. Confused and sporting lousy lashes, that no amount of 1000 Hours eyelash dye can really fix.

Ok, so I'm surfing (research!), and I discover this interesting s*te - eyelashgrowthproduct . com
Check out Product #2 - LiLash Purified Eyelash Stimulator and Conditioner. Pretty intriguing, no?

I went to their s*te -
lilash . com . Now, the s*te is just the usual self-promoting marketing stuff--nothing especially objective. Online searches, including on EDS, do not produce much. Has anyone heard of this product? Anyone used it?

So, you see my quandary. Heck, you probably have my quandary. Most of us--given the interest in lash growth--evidently do.

Advice and guidance would be much appreciated. I need to move on and get some Christmas shopping done.

Thanks!
Sheila
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Girlfriend, I feel your pain! I totally know what you mean about being sick of thinking about it.

if it wasn't gross, I would send you my unfinished Talika and Maleka to see if either of them worked for you. They didn't for me but they were so pricey I hate to see them wasted.

anyway, my strategy right now, because I can't mentally process all the risks (financial and physical) on the pricy products is to work thru the less expensive ones first.

I'm now trying Folligen from SB -- mostly because I got it in a sample pack from SB so I have it around.

THe next up on my list are also the cheaper Ecrinal and Ardell products.

IF all those don't work, THEN I might consider these slightly more risky and certainly more expensive RL and JM.

gotta get some MSM too, maybe an internal is the right solution.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
How is the Folligen working for you? I am on the hunt for longer eyelashes too. Smile
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
the folligen is working really well.

I saw thicker brows in under a week. My lashes took a little longer to show results -- in two weeks they were definately thicker and have gotten progressively better. By thicker, I mean that of the 2-3 lines of lashes that are on the upper lid, all are almost filled in -- usually there is one lash on one of the lines at each spot, not several

I'm especially chuffed at the "new" lashes that are starting to bud in the lower lashline.

It doesn't appear to be doing much for the maximum length. However, the longer/older lashes seem not to be shedding as much so it appears that my lashes are longer.

Put it this way . . . I'm happy enough to keep doing it and to start investing a wide assortment of lash curling tools Smile)

the only caveat I would add is that I am a very fast hair growth person generally -- so this kind of growth is not out of sync with the hair growth on the rest of my body.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the Folligen Cream and Emu Oil. Cant wait to see how muc growth I get!
gonatural
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have an update? I purchased Enormous Lash a couple weeks ago but don't see any result yet. I was also looking at the LiLash. After seeing your posts I looked at Folligen cream, it's for thinning hair? not necessarily for eyelashes. How do you apply it to eyelashes? Thanks for sharing results.
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Two weeks is too early to tell. My sister started seeing results with Enormous Lash at around 7 weeks and very impressive results. Give it a bit more time before you dismiss it.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
gonatural wrote:
Does anyone have an update? I purchased Enormous Lash a couple weeks ago but don't see any result yet. I was also looking at the LiLash. After seeing your posts I looked at Folligen cream, it's for thinning hair? not necessarily for eyelashes. How do you apply it to eyelashes? Thanks for sharing results.
I use the Folligen spray for my scalp which results in much less shedding of my hair, then I take any eyeliner brush, dip it and apply to my eyelash base like eyeliner. I also use RL but someone thought I was wearing fakes the other day! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I don't know how to quote who I'm replying to or actually quote more than one, but I just wanted to say thanks to amber 23 and bugaboo for the info and encouragement.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
gonatural wrote:

The Folligen Cream can be used for the lashes and brows as well. If you go on the SkinBiology site, there is a page for it that focuses on the use of the cream and emu oil for lash growth. I dont remember exactly what it is under, but if I go on it again soon I will look it up. (Their site isnt the easiest to navigate through.) I just apply it with my finger to the base of my lashes. It might sting a little if you put too much on, so be careful when applying. I put the emu oil over the Folligen Cream as they say it really makes the Folligen Cream sink in and do its thing!
meao
5% products discount

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I know a MUA, who uses revitalash & provides it for many clients - their lashes have grown so long they need to be trimmed! It really is good stuff Smile.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
meao wrote:
I know a MUA, who uses revitalash & provides it for many clients - their lashes have grown so long they need to be trimmed! It really is good stuff Smile.

Yes, I also heard revitalash was good, but irritating to the eyes. Is the make up artist giving out the old formulation or the new one? There has been some skepticism as to whether or not the new version works as well as the old one since the FDA stepped in.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Most people had no issues with RL at all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

Im sure a lot of people had great results with RL. I was hust wondering if people were having as much success with the new formulation. I would buy it, but for right now its kinda out of my price range. Smile If people were having the same amazing results with the new one I would definitely figure out a way to save up for it!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
angelwings1226 wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Im sure a lot of people had great results with RL. I was hust wondering if people were having as much success with the new formulation. I would buy it, but for right now its kinda out of my price range. Smile If people were having the same amazing results with the new one I would definitely figure out a way to save up for it!

That Angelwings, is the big question mark here. I believe it began selling with the new formulation in mid or late December. It's probably too early to tell yet. I'm almost out of mine and I'm not sure what I'll do next. I'm thinking Massive Lash. I think it's good when members share if they've had issues with a product but I think it's fair to point out that the biggest majority of users had no real problems with RL.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
angelwings1226 wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

That Angelwings, is the big question mark here. I believe it began selling with the new formulation in mid or late December. It's probably too early to tell yet. I'm almost out of mine and I'm not sure what I'll do next. I'm thinking Massive Lash. I think it's good when members share if they've had issues with a product but I think it's fair to point out that the biggest majority of users had no real problems with RL.

Yes, thats true. You have to take everything with a grain of salt because everyone is different. Smile Let us know if you have just as good of results with whichever product you decide on next!
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:08 am      Reply with quote
My sister is having amazing results with Massive Lash with absolutely no irritation. At nearly 8/9 weeks (losing count) her lashes look fantastic. She had them tinted the other day and with just using a lash curler they look so thick and lush. She is getting lots of compliments. I personally used the old formula Revitalash with excellent results but I'm very wary of the new formula being as effective. Also used LL with great results but am sadly nearly out of that now and can't get a response from Carrie. So I'm going to shell out and get a tube of ML.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
amber23 wrote:
My sister is having amazing results with Massive Lash with absolutely no irritation. At nearly 8/9 weeks (losing count) her lashes look fantastic. She had them tinted the other day and with just using a lash curler they look so thick and lush. She is getting lots of compliments. I personally used the old formula Revitalash with excellent results but I'm very wary of the new formula being as effective. Also used LL with great results but am sadly nearly out of that now and can't get a response from Carrie. So I'm going to shell out and get a tube of ML.

I might have to do the same! But Im going to try to use up the Folligen Cream and Emu oil first, and then my next option is to go with the KGF serum which is only $9.50 on the skin actives web site! So I guess Massive Lash will be my third in line. I think I might be turning into a product junkie. lol.
Shannon

Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to order LiLash and will post my results. Thanks to everyone for all the great information. Glad I found this forum!
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am onto my second revitalash.
I am very happy. I start to see results in under a week! And I have never had any irritation etc.
People have started to comment since I began using it. They dont actually twig that it is the lashes specifically, but say I have 'pretty eyes' - this didnt happen before I started using RL.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Juliemarie wrote:
I am onto my second revitalash.
I am very happy. I start to see results in under a week! And I have never had any irritation etc.
People have started to comment since I began using it. They dont actually twig that it is the lashes specifically, but say I have 'pretty eyes' - this didnt happen before I started using RL.

Hi! Are you using the old formulation or the new one? Just trying to see if the new one works just as well as the old one!
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Shannon wrote:
I am going to order LiLash and will post my results. Thanks to everyone for all the great information. Glad I found this forum!

Yes please let us know!
cfj

Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Revitalash for approx. two months (I probably got the last tube of the old formula). I called the 800 number and asked what was in the new formula (the operator said a "designer ingredient." I asked what that was but she just kept repeating the same thing? Does anyone know what is now in the new formula and does it work? Confused
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
cfj wrote:
I have been using the Revitalash for approx. two months (I probably got the last tube of the old formula). I called the 800 number and asked what was in the new formula (the operator said a "designer ingredient." I asked what that was but she just kept repeating the same thing? Does anyone know what is now in the new formula and does it work? Confused

Hmmmmm....
gonatural
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Massive Lash for 2 months now but haven't seen the results I've been looking for. A little more length but no new lashes and I'm really looking for more fullness. Also it says the tube is suppose to last 6 months but I don't think it's going to last another month. I'm going to give the KGF serum a try next since my budget can't really afford anything else right now.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Bioelements Remineralist Daily Moisture (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |