Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eyelash Growth Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bonzomom

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I'm a brand new member and have enjoyed reading the Boards and your great product feedback. So after following a lot of your comments about eyelash growth products (Revitalash old and new versions, Lilash, etc.), I have to ask.....

Which product really DOES do the best job? I would love to buy one but do not know WHICH one. So thanks for any feedback you can provide.

The new kid on the block. Confused
ebennett

Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I have tried and am still using revitalash. After using it almost everyday for two weeks I noticed my lashes were definitely longer. They don't seem thicker though but for sure the ones that I had before are a lot longer than they had ever grown before.
Hope this is helpful at all,
Eryn
bonzomom

Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Eryn,

Thanks for the info. Someone else told me the same thing, that she had seen results in two weeks with Revitalash, but I wasn't sure if she had been using the older version or the newer one. Either way, sounds like it's worth a try.

Thank you,
Laraine
kar126
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:09 am      Reply with quote
I used Mavala and there wasn't any miracles,
it works like a conditioner to prevent your current lashes from falling off. I do like the idea but I just can't seem to get myself to keep up with the hassle of applying it every night since the results were not dramatic enough to encourage me to do so
Iris Cochella

Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Rapidlash and Revitalash and Revitalash definitely worked for me, and two of my friends. My lashes grew longer and fuller in a month with Revitalash, nothing for Rapidlash (I tried it for a month also). I love it I don't wear mascara much anymore, it's just what I was hoping for. Very Happy
GailHaywardd

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I have been reading these blogs for a while,and need to comment. Some people have said that Rapidlash is very cheap, and it is about 50.00. All the others seem to be 150.00. The thing is, Rapidlash last 1-2 months, while the other products last 6 months. So it is not such a great deal, and the others have been out for 2+ years, and this stuff less than one year. It is 1/3 the price but lasts 1/3 the time. I wish people would tell the whole story...I almost dropped the one I use to but this stuff prior to phoning them. I am sticking with my current brand, it works and has not caused a single problem with my eyes.
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I disagree, I did notice that the rapidlash had much less actual volume, but my tube of rapidlash lasted 3-4 months and I had fantastic results with it.
GailHaywardd

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your comments oranges, but I called the makers of Rapidlash and saw a brochure. Even the blogs and newspaper print on it say it lasts 1- 2 months. I just read as comparison in the LA times, said it last only 1 month. That is why I called the Rapidlash people, and they said 2 months. I can also tell you that I have gotten 9 months out of my current brand, using it less ofter to maintain my effect. I am not trying to upset you, but others including the manufacture tell me it is 1-2 months. I am sticking with my brand.
GailHaywardd

Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I promise no more comments but this is from the Rapidlash brochure.
Q. How long will one container of RapidLash last?
A. If applied according to directions, one container of RapidLash
should last approximately 1-2 months. Daily applications to
upper lash line only will provide a longer yield than if also
applied to lower lash line....
GailHaywardd

Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
From LA Times Oct 18/09 Revitalash 6 months Rapidlash 1 month. Google news search.

Among the first innovators in the field, Revitalash was created by ophthalmologist Michael Brinkenhoff for his wife, whose lashes had become sparse and brittle after chemotherapy. A combination of cosmetic ingredients -- among them panthenol, sodium chloride and citric acid -- helps condition and generally improve the attractiveness of lashes within a few weeks.
Cost: $150 for a six-month supply
RapidLash Eyelash Renewal Serum

This product, launched late last year, has polypeptides that provide essential proteins and vitamins to fortify lashes and help them look shinier and longer.
Cost: $49.95 for a one-month supply.
laylastam
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
i might need this info.....ever since i started using individual fake eyelashes for functions (eg weddings, christenings etc)...and i had 5 in a row....i found that i lost quite a few eyelashes.....bad, bad, bad
man2ila

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
ebennett wrote:
Hello,
I have tried and am still using revitalash. After using it almost everyday for two weeks I noticed my lashes were definitely longer. They don't seem thicker though but for sure the ones that I had before are a lot longer than they had ever grown before.
Hope this is helpful at all,
Eryn

Thanks for this post, now I know what to buy.
laylastam
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:43 am      Reply with quote
i just had a look at the prices for this product on EDS....my god! at that price, you really hope that it works....

i might put off trying this out for a while.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I read from other forums that Vitamin E oil works. Though it may not work as well as those products aimed to help eyelash growth, the cost is so minimal.
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Bonzomom, here is a thread that you may want to look into. There are alternatives to the high $$$ products and/or the products that contain or did contain prescription drugs (with the associated side effects).

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34813&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=eyelash&start=0

John

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:03 am      Reply with quote
RapidLash is the winner for me, by far. It blows everything else out of the water, except for Lumigan. I tried lower-priced lash strengtheners and supposed lengtheners, plus the high-end products like RevitaLash and I had no noticeable effects except with Lumigan and RapidLash.

The nice thing about RL is that it doesn't carry that undesired side effect of possible iris color change, so that's why I switched from Lumigan to that. Plus Lumigan was costing me $40/bottle anyway.

I did a review of this with before/after pictures on my blog, but I don't know if it's against the rules to link here, so if you'd like to see the pics/read the review, just PM me. Smile
laylastam
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:34 am      Reply with quote
thebaroness

thats for your review. i really need to hear what's out there before i spend any $$$$ on a particular product. Especially products that cost alot of $$$$.

I have very short eyelashes....so i dont want to try anything that will damage them.
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I bought the RapidLash on Amazon at a cost of $30 plus $6 shipping. It came so quickly and was packaged extremely well. I would buy from the seller again.

I have only used it a few days but also use KGF Lash Serum from Skinactives which has made a nice change after a couple of months but nothing extraordinary. However, it must have made a difference because I get compliments on my lashes. Just nothing like some of the things I've seen on this board.

I am going to continue to use the KGF in the mornings and the Rapidlash at night since it's a once a day product. The KGF is a very large amount that lasts for months.
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I know Vitamin E oil might work. I used a bodyshop VE eyecream before and it really helped!
hollyholly

Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:28 am      Reply with quote
I have used Mavala as well and I did see a difference however when you stop using it your lashes go back to their normal state.

After a bout of stress, I was left with a bald patch on one eye (IT WAS SO BAD). I caved and bought Enormous Lash from Mecca Cosmetica. I have been using it for about a month, and I have seen A LOT of improvement! Bald patch gone completely and lashes thinker and longer and they don't fall out anymore!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
crystalcricket

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I have been using RapidLash for several weeks on eyelashes and bald patchy eyebrows. I have had excellent results on my eyebrows- actually have to trim and pluck now, but haven't seen any benefit for my eyelashes. I just started using Careprost for my lashes and from what I've seen from reviews, I expect great things. I do use Ardell lash conditioner in addition to whatever else I'm using because it does keep eyelashes conditioned.
I want to put this out there though- reading through old posts I recall seeing one by someone who noticed that after using RapidLash for awhile she thought she had developed some fine hair growth on her upper cheeks and when I saw that I remembered I had noticed the same thing days before but figured it was the lighting showing up what had always been there. So, anyone else noticed that? It seems not too bad, but I worry how bad it is in certain light from others point of view? What do you do for it, if anything? I'm thinking I must be spreading the RapidLash as I'm sleeping, so maybe I could apply it mornings, but then it's going to fool with my makeup routine. Just want to see if this is actually noticed by anyone else before I blame the product.
frozenstrawberrypie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:33 am      Reply with quote
I've used a couple of these over the years:

1. Mavala - made no difference to my lashes, but a friend says it's her 'lash fertiliser'

2. Talika Lipocil - works! My lashes grew slightly and were well conditioned

3. Avancee - a bestseller available in Japan, this was awesome and reasonably priced

4. DHC - a small tube, this keeps my lashes in good condition, less breakage. I'm not sure about longer lashes, I think I see just a little, not as pronounced as Avancee or Talika

Overall, I think these products are good if you have lashes that keep breaking off like me. Otherwise, their results are not too obvious... I think one would need to stand REALLY close to you to see that your lashes are that much longer!
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I've recently started using Revitalash and haven't noticed to much change except for a bit of a conditioning effect. Does the new Revitalash have the ingredient that can cause iris change color?
Jentle
5% products discount

Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Sounds SOOO expensive when my lash enhancer from Arbonne works like a charm, is only $35 and lasts for months. (It's also effective for eyebrows.) I'm allergic to most retail products so when I found a natural lash enhancer that didn't leave me crying, I was thrilled! I get mine from supernaturalskin.myarbonnecom.
Lauren NYC
5% products discount

Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have been scared away by all the possible side effects of these products, but I am encouraged that you all have had positive results.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |