Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Revitalash Hair, massager, & paddle brushing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
hi everyone,

i have so many reviews to share with everyone, and will write them one by one. mind you, i'm not a skincare diva/expert, and am using alot of products at the same time. therefore, my personal 'experiments' are not stringent nor anywhere close to some of the 'experts' on EDS. i thought i would share them anyway, so that other members get ideas ... or even get a good laugh.

i'm getting older now... and thought since i was on EDS with its monumental amount of info and reviews from other members, i would start my skincare, anti aging, as well as hair loss. my hair is thinning and no longer lush from my teens and 20's. so i thought i should 'get on it' and find a good regimen to keep what i have and keep it healthy. whether this is really an entirely healthy routine, i can't say... but after all the reading and reading... this is what i'm doing so far now. i hope to supplement it in the near future.

first i started with Revitalash Hair from EDS 2 months ago. i use it after each hair wash, which is every other day. making applications a total 3 times per week. it is applied on semi damp hair, onto the scalp and massaged in. it comes in a foam pump that has an easy trigger/button. the liquid is like water, clear and fluid, with no scent that i can detect. it is only the foam pump that gives it the extra bubbles which makes the thin liquid easier to keep under control.

i find it difficult to get full scalp coverage since that would use alot of product. so i opted for using it on thinning areas and areas i'm worried about... near my temples where there is some thinning and many baby hairs; the hair line that i've been drawing since i've been a teenager (draw the line on the left and flip my bangs over to the right); and at the crown which i can't see but am using the product there since it feels a bit thin.

i part the hair apart, shake the bottle and push out one squirt and massage in. i do this for all 3 areas, and in general, basically cover everything. i can't see how much product is left but from the feel, my guess would be half a bottle. after application, i feel a pressure or tightness in the areas of application. can't quite describe it.

results: this is the difficult part! i definitely see a thickening in each temple area. more hairs, and less sparseness. this is a visible result. my hair line is no longer permanent. usually if you've been parting your hair in the same spot for over 20 years, the hair line is distinct and very easy to find. now my hair part line is no longer visible and i have to search around to part my hair each day. this is a good sign! Smile as for my crown, sorry, i have no idea.

i have hair down to the back of my kness. and during the winter, i tend to shed alot of hair. each winter it seems my hair dumps and for the rest of the winter my hair is stringy. this winter, i have shed hair but i don't think as much since it still feels full. therefore, i'm sticky with this product and will probably increase squirts per application. Very Happy

from reading EDS reviews/feedback, i have also incorporated a paddle brush hair brushing each night. i vigorously brush my scalp until the whole surface is tingly with stimualtion. my scalp feels wonderfully alive and invigorated! it sounds a bit tedious but i actually look forward to it.

i'm also using a pillow massager to massage my head every other night.

i found this electric plug in massager just before christmas. it is a lumbar massager but it is a perfect dimension to use as a pillow to massage the head, sides of the head, just at the stem base, and neck. why i'm crazy about this massage is that it feels soooo wonderful. it is not like other shiatsu massagers with 2 pointing ends that dig in to you and cause pain, and in some cases take off skin. it is difficult to see in this picture, and if you get a chance to test it out, i totally recommend it! underneath the fabric, are soft roller balls, so when you apply this it feels like tiny fingers massaging. i really love this massager! i use it on my head/scalp, neck area, ... but you can use in on your back... and there is a slight dip in between the two active rollers, where you can place you ankles, calves, and fore-arms in. the roller balls are gentle while kneading out tension from the muscles. it gives the most soothing and relaxing massage.

i was so impressed with this machine, i bought 8 for christmas gifts... mom, step mom, brother, and friends. let me tell ya, everyone loves it and uses it everyday. i love using this sucker laying down in bed. it relieves so much tension that it lulls me to sleep. when i'm groggy enough i shut it off and push it aside. it induces the most comforting and soothing sleep. 5 out 5!

i hope my crazy home antics can help another member or give them ideas. have fun everyone! Very Happy

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review. I tried to look up REVITALASH HAIR on EDS's product list, but all they show is the Revitalash eyelash serum. I wonder if it is no longer available?

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:38 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Thanks for your review. I tried to look up REVITALASH HAIR on EDS's product list, but all they show is the Revitalash eyelash serum. I wonder if it is no longer available?

i put some hair products in my shopping cart last night, including some revitalash hair. i think i'm lower than i originally thought.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/revitalash-hair-p_10438.htm

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Ok...I looked again and found it. Aye yi yi! It's $180 Shock

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Great review Ilina! How long does a bottle of the Revitalash last you?

The massager sounds wonderful.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Ilina! That was such a good review! I have the Jan Marini Age Intervention Hair (also about $180). Mine is just a liquid in a spray bottle and I honestly have not noticed much difference. I have to admit I'm not consistent with it, either. I'll have to try the RevitaLash Hair; I love the idea of foam rather than liquid. I also have several massagers and never even thought about a head/scalp massage. Thanks for the tip! ~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:44 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Ok...I looked again and found it. Aye yi yi! It's $180 Shock

i know i know... the price sucks. for me it is $220 CAD... if that makes you feel any better Neutral

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:47 am      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
Great review Ilina! How long does a bottle of the Revitalash last you?

The massager sounds wonderful.

hey brierrose,
its lasted 2 months and i still have maybe 1/3 left. i just put more into my shopping cart this morning.

sorry guys i know its a bit expensive. Embarassed

for my own personal use, i don't mind the price though. sorry again.

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:54 am      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
Hi, Ilina! That was such a good review! I have the Jan Marini Age Intervention Hair (also about $180). Mine is just a liquid in a spray bottle and I honestly have not noticed much difference. I have to admit I'm not consistent with it, either. I'll have to try the RevitaLash Hair; I love the idea of foam rather than liquid. I also have several massagers and never even thought about a head/scalp massage. Thanks for the tip! ~ JJ

hey jj!
yup when i got the revitalash hair, i also bought the jm hair as well. it is sitting in the fridge. when i'm finished with revitalash, i'll start on the jm hair. i'm low on products so i'm adding to my shopping cart now. i put in both products, and will try experimenting with both products at the same time, in the near future. btw, revitalash hair has a foam pump but it is not that foamy. please see the above original description. i don't want you to be disappointed when you get it.

for sure... use the massagers on your scalp. blood circulations and gentle stimulation can only help, i believe. good luck with that! Smile

moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Llina, can you tell me what brand and model that massager is please and which store in Canada you got it? Thanks!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Llina, can you tell me what brand and model that massager is please and which store in Canada you got it? Thanks!

the black pillow, electric massager?

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
its on clearance now for 19.99! i got mine at 50! Confused
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=16708623&RN=1177

javian,
try to get it. its really cheap now. and if its on clearance perhaps that means they won't be restocking. gosh, with that price i may get a couple more.

i know you'll be happy with it. even if you don't use it for hair/scalp massage... that sucker is great! just to massage out tension, heachaches, etc.

everyone i gave one to for christmas, LOVES it! i swear! out of the gadgets, i was really happy about this one. it doesn't look like much but wait till you feel it. little kneading fingers that DON'T hurt you/ scrap your skin. i highly recommend.

you can use it everywhere/anywhere... scalp/top of your head, neck, back, lumbar, forearms, ankles, calves, etc.

love it!

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
this is something else i'm looking at ...
for my head/scalp and overall body healllth.
i haven't gone to the store to look at it yet.
i always like to look at it first, and at some stores they will plug it in for you to test.

this one is with real jade.
elieve pain, reduce stress and fatigue, improve blood circulation, remove harmful toxins and improve the immunity system with this infrared heating pad. Natural jade delivers maximum heat transfer, emitting deep penetrating infrared heat, while negative ions help relieve stress. Pad features an adjustable heat remote with auto-off timer and an extra long 12-foot power cord.

i'm a real gadget junkie.
i look and search for massagers online (like to look at the pictures) and always pick up some gadget when i'm out shopping in the mall! Neutral i'm chronic! Very Happy

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
DON"T get this one. it looks similar to the black massager... and it is similar but it has a deeper groove in the middle. i have a few of these as well. i really don't like them. they actually hurt and can do damage.

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
if you're looking for a FAB FAB FAB leg/ankle massage, this is the BEST!!! i mean the best!

this massager is AMAZING. its does the ankles, calves, legs (if you can fit it), feet, and arms.

i personally own 5 of them. and yes, gifted one to mom, step mom, my bro, a few friends.
this one is hard to get... 1 store in toronto, and everything else is in asian. this is 350 CAD.

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
don't get any of these... i have them all and even different companies and different versions.

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
sorry i get excited about massagers... i went off on a tangent. Embarassed

for hair and scalp, this is something else i have. it i not good as the black pillow. the black pillow is the BEST, and this below does not compare.

the one below is good but its a hand held. the black pillow you can just lay down! big thumbs up.

anyways, this is ok and cheap too.

the spiky attachment at the top left corner is the scalp attachment. it looks scary but it is gentle. Very Happy

moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Llina, you weren't kidding when you said you were a gadget junkie! Smile
Did you have problems with ordering from the bath and beyond website from the USA when you got it shipped to Canada? Did you have to pay custom duties?
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
yah, hold on i have more.
Shock and this is just for some legs and hair.
trust me, i have more.
i love gadgets! Very Happy

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:02 pm      Reply with quote

this is the nuskin system. the spiky thing in the middle is the scalp attachment. the sucker and gels costed me 700. the basic system was over 500 alone.

its ok... i don't really recommend it though.
i mean some members here use it for their face. this system you use it for anti aging, body, scalp...
but i'm not crazy about it. Neutral

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Wow Llina, you weren't kidding when you said you were a gadget junkie! Smile
Did you have problems with ordering from the bath and beyond website from the USA when you got it shipped to Canada? Did you have to pay custom duties?

huh? US?
i'm in canada. and wasn't that a canadian site?
its here in canada. and there are stores here in the GTA (greater toronto area=toronto and surrounding area). i try not to buy from the US or any other country. canada customs suck big time!Laughing

i just bought it at the store.
i swear its so cheap! i'm hopping up and down! i think i'll have tobuy a couple for backup!

moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
You posted a US website, lol. That price was in USD and I looked in the Canadian website but it didn't have it. I'm in small town, SK so was hoping to get it online.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
ops sorry, hold on.
i swear it is canada though.
i got it from the brampton store.
and there is another store on the west side.
holdnon

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
ooo man, you're right.
k, this is the canadian site.
now it is not on the site. only the gold one is there. and it is 50.

i know i saw the black one there before christmas. that's why i actually went to brampton to see and buy it.

it might be in their clearance section. check there.

if all else fails, call them and get them to track the black on down for you. i'm serious, you won't regret it. its AMAZING!
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/stylePage.asp?order_num=-1&RN=4077

o god, i'm such a spazzz
i posted it originally without the link. Laughing

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
i don't see it in the clearance section either. just check again to make sure.

i would really call customer service and ask if they can track it down for you (from a store or something). if that fails ask them to ship in to canada BBB and they you can buy it from the canadian site/customer service without paying canada customs.

that's all i can think of right now.
sorry.

System
Automatic Message
Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Marine Oil-Free Moisture Cushion (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Priori Minerals LCA fx110 Gentle Cleanser (180 ml / 6 fl oz) Luzern Serum Absolut V15

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |