Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Serum Line Lifting Transformation (30 ml / 1 oz) Priori Minerals LCA fx110 Gentle Cleanser (180 ml / 6 fl oz) Luzern Serum Absolut V15
Abbey St Clare MMU
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I recently ordered some mineral makeup samples from another brand that has no bismuth.
The company waswww.abbeystclare.com

it seems ti be a fairly small company and sold in a few stores and mainly online.

The coverage was very good and the makeup stayed on very well. The price for a container is also very good at being $24 for 30 grams

I previously bought a blush this winter and it is super nice.
I had bought the Halo shade and that is more a light peach kida tan "healthy" looking blush.

I also took a chance and ordered the eyeliner sealant as that was only $5, and that has worked for making my own eye liners.

The only thing with the website is that the shades actually look much darker on the website.
I am usually a medium beige "olive" skintone and those were shades 3.0,4.0 and 5.0

I had actually assumed that I was the shades that were in the much lower numbers.

https://store.abbeystclare.com/mineral-makeup?cat=12

All natural.
Includes healing power of Vitamin C.
No bismuth oxychloride.
No synthetic dyes.
No fragrance.
No talc.
No mineral oil.

Silk Mica, Titanium dioxide, Zinc oxide, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Kosher Magnesium stearate, Silica, Iron Oxides.

So far the mineralmakeup Ihave tried is physician formula, bare minerals,clinique,smashbox,lancome,lise watier,maybeline,cover girl

Abbeyst Clare hasto be my favorite for coverage and looking natural
havana8

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, Ottawa Shopper. Smile We don't hear much about Abbey St. Clare on the forum.

I was wondering if you found that the colour swatches for all the makeup items that you have ordered have been darker than the actual product or is it just the case with their MMU swatches?

Also, would you have the ingredient listing for the eyeliner sealant? I'm curious as to what is in it and don't see it listed on the website.

TIA!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:26 am      Reply with quote
This is one mineral makeup company that I have not tried. I also have not heard much about it.

I took a look at their website. They do ship International but it is based on weight. Do you remember how much you were charged for shipping? Was it with USPS? (If so, that would be reasonable.) High shipping costs are a deal breaker for me.

I took a look at the previous foundations you have tried. I agree the small indie companies are superior at MMU over the Cliniques, etc at the department store. Clinique, P & G, L'oreal, etc. (and other commerical brands) have a long list of ingredients and ADD SOME MINERALS and call it mineral makeup!

Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) PSF Pure Skin Formulations Retinol Nano Lotion (30 ml / 1 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |