Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vivier Vit C Serum is better than Cellex-C vs ISC (IMHO)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I used Cellex C many years ago. This time around I tried IS Clinical for about 2 weeks, then spilled about 90% of the contents by mistake, then decided to order Vivier Vit C serum.

I would say that Vivier, hands down, is the best among the 3. I feel that my skin has this glow and I think my pores are also smaller.

I got 2 separate compliments from my coworkers last week. I asked both of them if my skin looks too oily or shiny. Both of them replied that it wasn’t oily at all. And that in fact it looks dewy and glowing (WOW).

Both Cellex C and ISC are watery. Vivier has a lot thicker consistency but it gets absorbed really quickly into the skin. Note that in my current routine, I use Vivier in the morning. At night, I use my Retin A/Obagi Blender, alternating with Obagi Exfoderm.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have used both, I think Vivier is slightly better than Cellex, and they are cheaper, right? If I remember well, Vivier is using the same formula as Obagi.
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used Cellex C for years so I checked the prices on EDS...and you're right, Vivier is actually cheaper! Amazing! I think Viver is much much better...okay, I am starting to sound like a salesperson from Vivier Smile I just love this product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:59 am      Reply with quote
I used Cellex C last year.That means no work at all to me but the price is expensive.
Janabanana
5% products discount

Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I recieved my Viver Vit C serum last week and love it as well!! I ordered mine from Amazon for a very resonable price. Great stuff!!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
essq2w3e4r wrote:
I used Cellex C many years ago. This time around I tried IS Clinical for about 2 weeks, then spilled about 90% of the contents by mistake, then decided to order Vivier Vit C serum.

I would say that Vivier, hands down, is the best among the 3. I feel that my skin has this glow and I think my pores are also smaller.

I got 2 separate compliments from my coworkers last week. I asked both of them if my skin looks too oily or shiny. Both of them replied that it wasn’t oily at all. And that in fact it looks dewy and glowing (WOW).

Both Cellex C and ISC are watery. Vivier has a lot thicker consistency but it gets absorbed really quickly into the skin. Note that in my current routine, I use Vivier in the morning. At night, I use my Retin A/Obagi Blender, alternating with Obagi Exfoderm.

I am a huge fan of Vivier. Here is a thread you may want to read...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=179550#179550

I wrote a review on Vivier. But, please don't get me wrong on Cellex C. I've read and couldn't agree more that Cellex C is really good for oily skin. Maybe it would be good to use Cellex C in the summer and Vivier for the rest of the year.
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
essq2w3e4r wrote:

so is the IS clinical container sort of cumbersome?
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:44 am      Reply with quote
which Vivier vit.C serum are you talking about?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
bciw wrote:
essq2w3e4r wrote:

so is the IS clinical container sort of cumbersome?

No, it's just my mistake of not being careful and making sure I close the bottle.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:

I am currently using Vivier Vitamin-C IDS™ High Potency Serum 20 (30 ml)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:22 am      Reply with quote
essq2w3e4r wrote:
Aiva wrote:

I am currently using Vivier Vitamin-C IDS™ High Potency Serum 20 (30 ml)

I am using the same one also.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
thank you

which one do you think will be more suitable for combo-oily skin - High Potency Serum 20% or C+E Kinerol?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Not the one with vitamin E! It broke me out big time.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

ok, thank you Smile
I was using Skinceuticals CE Ferulic some time ago and it was not breaking me out, but it was making me extremely oily and sticky.
I`ll try Vivier 20% then Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
Skincare wrote:

ok, thank you Smile
I was using Skinceuticals CE Ferulic some time ago and it was not breaking me out, but it was making me extremely oily and sticky.
I`ll try Vivier 20% then Smile

CE Ferulic made me break out also. If CE Ferulic does not make you break out, maybe Vivier with Vitamin E would not also. I am only sharing with you my experience. I am acne prone and I have to be very careful with what I can and cannot use.
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:10 am      Reply with quote
I have combo/oily skin too so when i started using ISC, I started getting blackheads. I upped my aspirin mask and pretika dermabrasion (a clarisonic knock off) and the blackheads disappeared in a few days. I am not sure if this will work for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't find a complete ingredients list on the internet, does this product contain silicones? Thanks!
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
I couldn't find a complete ingredients list on the internet, does this product contain silicones? Thanks!

here's what it says on the box of the Vivier Serum 20 IDS:
Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Gycol, Water/Eu L-Ascorbic Acid USP, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit Extract), Fragrance/Parfum.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that the Vivier C is very good. I prefer it hands down to Cellex C
PinkLeader
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the Vivier lovers out there. A great product at a good comparitive price point. I like the Vivier C E Kinerol Serum, but sounds like the straight up C might be worth checking out as well.
beetlebugs
5% products discount

Wed May 13, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I have very fair, normal to dry skin type with pigmentations on my face. May i know for a start, which Vivier's Vitamin C Serum is good for me? I read from some forums that some Vitamin C Serums actually dries up the skin after using, how about Vivier's?
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
beetlebugs wrote:
I have very fair, normal to dry skin type with pigmentations on my face. May i know for a start, which Vivier's Vitamin C Serum is good for me? I read from some forums that some Vitamin C Serums actually dries up the skin after using, how about Vivier's?

In my experience, Vit C by itself seems to make the skin tight. However, if you follow the Vit C with a good moisturizer (I currently use Vivier moisturizer with SPF), my skin seems to suck up all that moisture making my skin hydrated, moist and dewy throughout the day.

5% products discount

Fri May 15, 2009 8:08 am      Reply with quote
In my experience, Vit C by itself seems to make the skin tight. However, if you follow the Vit C with a good moisturizer (I currently use Vivier moisturizer with SPF), my skin seems to suck up all that moisture making my skin hydrated, moist and dewy throughout the day.[/quote]

Care to share which brand of Vit c serum you currently using?
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
essq2w3e4r wrote:

here's what it says on the box of the Vivier Serum 20 IDS:
Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Gycol, Water/Eu L-Ascorbic Acid USP, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit Extract), Fragrance/Parfum.

Sounded great until the "Fragrance/Parfum." Sigh. Why do they need to add fragrance/perfume to it? WHY?

Unless the product has a weird smell that needs covering up or neutralizing, I really hate it when they add something unnecessary that could irritate skin.
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
beetlebugs wrote:
In my experience, Vit C by itself seems to make the skin tight. However, if you follow the Vit C with a good moisturizer (I currently use Vivier moisturizer with SPF), my skin seems to suck up all that moisture making my skin hydrated, moist and dewy throughout the day.

Care to share which brand of Vit c serum you currently using?[/quote]
Vivier 20 Serum IDS

Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm HA Plumping  Serum (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |