Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) EmerginC VitaminC + Retinol Mask (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Jan Marini Regeneration Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
anyone try amino genesis?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I know there was a bit of a buzz when amino genesis was added to EDS....Did anyone try it and have opinions about it? I keep looking at their eye treatment....

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lianne,

I tried their therapeutic facial repair formula. Unfortunately it made my face breakout terribly. I gave it a good two weeks but my skin just got worse and worse.

It's very heavy, thick and perfumey. Not for sensitive skin.

I haven't tried their eye cream. But I would try a sample before you buy.

Cloe
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I looked at these and was interested but because of allergy problems I only buy products that list ingredients on their WEB sites.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
thanks cloe. I asked for a sample with my last order but got an information pamphlet instead.

Definitely won't be getting this one without a sample first. I'm having such problems with eye products lately.

sharky...I agree...I'd like to see ingredient lists too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I began to use the whole line on X’mas day. So far I did not see any result but I decided to use at least half of the bottle before I judge it. I have very tough, non-sensitive skin and most of skin care won’t show any result for at least few months.

1. Really, Really Clean Cleanser: It’s a light brown color gel type cleanser. So far, I like it a lot. It’s thicker then Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel. And it does not leave a slippery feeling like Dermalogica SCG does. My skin feels very, very clean and it does not dry out my skin. Highly recommend.
2. Counter Clockwise Under Eye Treatment: A white color cream. The cream is very light. It was not absorbed as fast as other products and I have to wait for a minute to wait it to dry. Use under the eyes ONLY.
3. Anti-Aging Serum: A yellow color cream. Does not have much smell. Well, my nose is not that sensitive anyway. Like Photolagen, absorbed very fast and I have to put on Facial Repair Formula right away to avoid the tightening feeling. I use it at PM.
4. Cocoon body lotion: This lotion was absorbed very fast by the skin. But too much fragrance. The smell is very strong. If it’s not for the smell I could use it every day on my whole body. Now I only use it on the dry part.
5. Photolagen – AGF: It’s a white color lotion and absorbed very fast. My face tightened up very fast if I don’t put on Facial Repair Formula right away. I use it at AM.
6. Facial Repair Formula: It’s a white color cream used after Serum or Photolagen. Again, too much fragrance, very strong smell. But it absorbed by the skin fast. It’s too heavy for Cloe but not enough for me. They suggest not to mix their products with other products so I put emu oil on top of it at PM and Kukui nut oil at AM.

I talked to a beauty supply store owner and he told me how satisfied his customers are about the Amino Genesis line. And many returning customers. Also his own experience with it. As for the Photolagen, he thought I’m not old enough (46) and my skin was not that much damaged to use it.

I’ll update the result in 2 months.

Sharky and Lianne: I’ll check if they have ingredient list on the bottle and post it later if they do.

Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:34 am      Reply with quote
I'm trying the Photolagen at the moment. I really like it so far, though I've only really used it three days now. I use it at night and while I do use moisturiser over it, I haven't had an issue with any tightness.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:35 am      Reply with quote
I have used some of these products and really love them. Have tried Really Really Clean (excellent cleanser for oily skin), Perfect Reflection which is the anti aging serum (love this) and Photolagen (my best ever moisturiser). I have not been using them long enough to know if there are any dramatic results but regardless, I will continue to use them and will reorder all of them again as I just love the products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I have used some of these products and really love them. Have tried Really Really Clean (excellent cleanser for oily skin), Perfect Reflection which is the anti aging serum (love this) and Photolagen (my best ever moisturiser). I have not been using them long enough to know if there are any dramatic results but regardless, I will continue to use them and will reorder all of them again as I just love the products.

Bushy - I just tried the Perfect Reflection serum yesterday and I'm surprised at how much I really like it. Can you tell me if you're still using it and if so, what benefits, if any, you've seen so far? I'm still using the photolagen and am thinking of adding this and the tripeptinonin (sp?) to my routine as well. TIA!
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Does the cleanser have SLS? Thanks.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
tidieu wrote:
Does the cleanser have SLS? Thanks.

Really, Really Clean Ingredients: Deionized Water, TEA-Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Amino Acids: (L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, L-Histidine Monohydrochloride Monohydrate, L-Arginine Monohydrochloride, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Threonine, L-Serine, L-Glutamine, L-Proline, L-Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Valine, L-Methionine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Acetyl Tyrosine), Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Yellow 6, Caramel.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
oooh, perfect reflection, I would like to hear more about this as well. Like I need anything else in my medicine cabinet. I am beginning to open it up and feel overwhelmed. Confused
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Tiger and TamGirl99:

Can you please tell me why you love Perfect Reflection serum. What did it do to your skin? I've been faithfully used Amino Genesis whole line for 2 months early this year but did not really see any improvement at all. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Yes, I do have tough, no-sensitive skin but I saw big improvement after 2 weeks using JM and Juvedical. Smile Smile Smile

I still have 2/3 full of everything, may be I should give it a try again after I fininshed Valmont.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:38 am      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
oooh, perfect reflection, I would like to hear more about this as well. Like I need anything else in my medicine cabinet. I am beginning to open it up and feel overwhelmed. Confused

I know exactly what you mean! I brought this up because this serum has really firmed up my skin just after 2 uses, but I want to find out from others what the long-term results are. There doesn't seem to be much info out there on this line, but so far I've liked everything I've tried. Even the cleanser was nice, but I'll stick with my plain old Aveeno creamy baby cleanser for now. I'd rather spend more on serums/lotions than a cleanser. I've always felt like I just wash the good stuff down the drain! Glycolic/BHA cleansers are worth it though.

If you're interested in trying this line, you can go to "goddess-within.com" (at least I think that was the address) and they have a trial kit. It's not exactly cheap ($20-30?)but you get quite a bit of each product. I'd say there is at least 1-2 weeks worth of use. Of course it doesn't include their highly recognized photolagen or tripeptinonin, just the basics.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks TAMgirl99!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Tamgirl99, I use the Perfect Reflection to get my dose of Vit C and used to apply it over Proheal to reduce the sting a bit. I don't use Proheal quite so much now but still use the Perfect Reflection. I can't honestly say if the Perfect Reflection, Photolagen or Tripeptinon is responsible for the huge improvement in my skin because I am mixing them still with juvedical serum, the Cellcosmet cleanser, activator, exfoliant and Remergent products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Bushy,

I'd be interested to hear about your improvements although my wallet would rather remain blissfully ignorant Rolling Eyes
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
That's easy Marina. Blackheads/whiteheads are disappearing and not returning, pores are smaller and lines/wrinkles are significantly reduced.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
That's easy Marina. Blackheads/whiteheads are disappearing and not returning, pores are smaller and lines/wrinkles are significantly reduced.

Rolling Eyes You just pressed all the right buttons. Thanks.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC VitaminC + Retinol Mask (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml) Gehwol Gerlavit Moor Vitamin Cream - Facial Care (75 ml / 2.6 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |