Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jan Marini vs. REVITALASH???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
juliac
5% products discount

Thu May 17, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies, I've got 'virgin' lashes and I'm doing the JM on my right eye and RL on my left eye. I'm applying each to my upper lash lines every night. It's only been a week, so I haven't seen much difference in either eye. I'll let you know.

I did also order 3 of the original JM from eBay (yes, I'm hording it Cool ) just in case I don't like the results of either - or maybe they won't match my expectations. I'll try to wait at least 8 weeks before I switch either or both eyes to the original formula.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
juliac wrote:
Hi ladies, I've got 'virgin' lashes and I'm doing the JM on my right eye and RL on my left eye. I'm applying each to my upper lash lines every night. It's only been a week, so I haven't seen much difference in either eye. I'll let you know.

I did also order 3 of the original JM from eBay (yes, I'm hording it Cool ) just in case I don't like the results of either - or maybe they won't match my expectations. I'll try to wait at least 8 weeks before I switch either or both eyes to the original formula.

Are you not afraid they'll expire before you can finish them up? Do keep us posted on your results. Smile
juliac
5% products discount

Thu May 17, 2007 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bira, I was a little worried - My original JMs all expire 07/08 - but I figured if I'm happy with either the new formula JM or the RL, I'll just sell the originals to someone else on eBay. If I keep them, I'm hoping to use 2 and then that the third one will hold out a bit past it's prime. I hope those numbers aren't hard cut offs.

I wish I could already see a difference in either eye from either the JM or the RL. My girlfriend has *such* beautiful results from the original JM. <paces and tries to remember that patience is a virtue> Wink

5% products discount

Thu May 17, 2007 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="juliac"]Hi Bira, I was a little worried - My original JMs all expire 07/08 - but I figured if I'm happy with either the new formula JM or the RL, I'll just sell the originals to someone else on eBay. If I keep them, I'm hoping to use 2 and then that the third one will hold out a bit past it's prime. I hope those numbers aren't hard cut offs.

I wish I could already see a difference in either eye from either the JM or the RL. My girlfriend has *such* beautiful results from the original JM. <paces and tries to remember that patience is a virtue> Wink[/quote]

Hi I know that you said you had 3 bottle of the "old" JM but their expirations are 7/08. I saw bottles of JM with that expiration that were actually the new formula (with the word "new" on the label). how do yo u know that its the old formula?

does anyone know what the expiration dates on the old JM's are?
mystiqkal
5% products discount

Thu May 17, 2007 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
nvm..i just found some old ones with that expiration...how odd...i thought they stopped making it for a while, you would think that there would be a gap in the expiration not both the old and new formula with expirations at the same time...
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I am still very curious to hear if the new JM formula is the same as the old. I have heard all these conflicting stories and I wish I could just hear the truth. Rolling Eyes

If it is the same formula the results should be the same. Unfortunately not many "New" JM users are coming forward to let us know if it is working. I really want to try the JM but if it doesn't work well I would REALLY like to know. Question Question Question
juliac
5% products discount

Fri May 18, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm doing an eye to eye RL vs. new JM comparison - but I'd like to also hear whether original JM users experience any 'issues' when they run out and switch to the new formula or RL...

I mean if the results hold... I'm very curious.

So far it's been about 1.5 weeks and the only thing I'm noticing on -both- eyes is that my lashes are seeming to go in kooky directions. I've never used a lash curler before as mascara made my lashes look curved up. I may have to get a Tarte or a heated one to get the crazies going in the right direction...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Juliac that is so great that you're experimenting and I for one will be excited to hear your results. For me it took the full 3 months to say WOW. I could see results after 3 weeks but I was the only one who could see a difference. I saw an acquaintance a couple of weeks ago that I had not seen for quite awhile. She asked me if I had lash extensions. LOL!!! I loved it and she bought some JMAIE from me when I told her about the serums. I still have one tube of RL left but the JM is so much more economical for people to buy.

Anyway, please post when the race is over. JM says that you'll see results faster with their serum.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I haven't been on the forum for ages, but thought I would have a look at the feedback for JM eyelash. I think only one other person mentioned the same symptoms I am having - red skin along the lash line when I get up in the morning. It is a real pain as it makes my eyes look sore - and here I am trying to make myself look more attractive!!!

I also have had problems other people mentioned like the lashes going wonky and not growing straight ahead - maybe it is because I put it on at night and I am lying on them and making them grow in wonky Confused

Anyway, they looked their best 2/3 months after starting, lovely and long and people noticed without me saying anything which felt great. I have never heard of the RL? product before, so may go onto it to see if the irritation on my skin stops.
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Freedom, when you say irritation, do you mean they just "look" irritated or do they actually feel sore or itchy?
juliac
5% products discount

Tue May 22, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, gals... I need some decision making help. I know it's only been 2 weeks since I started the Revitalash vs. Jan Marini experiment but I have some early obeservations... My RL eye seems to have more lashes now than pre RL (itty bittys are growing in) and the length is perceptably (only by me, I'm sure) longer than before - BUT the JM side has noticably longer lashes than the RL side (again, I think this is only something that I would notice.)

I'm concerned that the JM eye will continue to out lash length the RL eye and the RL eye will have much denser lashes than the JM eye and that I will look lopsided if I continue this experiment. Length is more important to be, but I want more lashes, too! Confused

Should I switch both over to JM - or continue this experiment in the interest of science? Maybe it's just too soon to tell though I *can* see a slight difference in both eyes already.

Opinions?

Freedom37, Are you using the new JM or the old? I heard that the new is less irritating. I'm finding that if I put too much on, both the RL eye and the (new) JM eye will feel like there's something in them. If I lessen the swipe, I don't feel a thing. I don't see any redness - but I have permanent eyeliner so I don't think I would see it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 4:21 am      Reply with quote
what about using RL one night and JM the next?That way you will get length and thickness.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Oh Juliac. Please continue your experiment. I'd love to know how this turns out. My JM rep has told me that she has heard that JM will give you more new lashes than the RL so that's why this is so interesting to me. I'm going to talk to her today and tell her about you. I'm thinking that if you continue your experiment, the JM side will catch up and surpass the RL eye. LOL!!! Can you tell I'm a JM fan?

Please let us know what you decide to do.

5% products discount

Wed May 23, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks LucyLuc - That makes sense. I just wonder if that will take longer to show the 'wow' results I want than just sticking with one. Neutral

Patty, you're right - I should continue - this is the comparison everyone wants to know. So far my JM side is longer than the RL, and my RL side seems to have more lashes growing in than the JM side. I asked my girlfriend to look today and she concurs. BUT then she told me only I am capable of noticing such things - which I don't doubt at only 2 weeks. So, I'll give it another week and *hopefully* they won't continue to look more obviously different.

I took before pictures, so I'll post them with the afters at the 3rd week and we'll discuss... Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Have you noticed any difference in redness/irritation between your eyes? I've only used the old JM formula, and I did have some itchiness and redness along my lashline. I put up with it b/c of the spectacular lash growth.

I'm getting ready to buy either Revitalash or JM in the next few weeks, so I'd love to know.

Thanks
Dianne
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Julia,
Please keep up the experiment! I love this thread!!!! Please keep us posted. I cannot wait for pics!!!!

Pippi
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone experiencing the discolored lash line (red/brown) with the new JM version. I had fabulous results with the old JM, but stopped due to red/brown discoloration on lash line. I personally wouldn't post pics, nor would I recommend others do so as well, just give a description of your progress.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
In addition to the red and dry eye problem from using RL, I also experienced the dark coloring of my eyelids. People kept telling me to quit putting on eyeshadows when I posted pics of my lashes. LOL Anyhow that problem is gone now since I stopped using RL and switched to LL. I posted pics of my LL results in the DIY thread if you want to take a look. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23754

ETA: I'll probably keep the pics up for just about a week.
juliac
5% products discount

Wed May 23, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BBD, I did notice both of my eyes got a little irritated at first... The RL eye more than the JM though. Neither one does now - it's like I acclimated to them.

bkkgirl, I seriously wonder when/if LL will ever be available to the masses. I've tried Carrie's and MermaidGirl's hotmail addresses and neither works. I also PMed them both and neither responded. Lastly I found another email address for Carekate and though it didn't bounce, she didn't respond.

I feel ignored. Crying or Very sad

But bkkgirl, I do very much appreciate your pics. Thanks for sharing. Great results!! Wish I were in the 'in' crowd so I could get some LL.

/juliac

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I think I remember having a little irritation at first with the RL but it quickly went away. I also have permanent eyeliner so I've never noticed any discoloring of the skin. Julieac, girl don't you dare stop the experiment. LOL!!! No, I understand if you do but I bet you will be the only one who would ever notice a difference. It was definitely 3 months before I got the wow factor but I remember very early on thinking I could see a very slight difference. My only regret is that I wish I could have started with both products at the same time like you have. Because I sell the JM and can continue to sell the RL, I am particularly interested in final results.

5% products discount

Wed May 23, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Patty - you are so funny! I promise I'll keep it going for at *least* another week. I'm going to try a lash curler on them to see if maybe the RL side is just more wonky or straighter maybe and they are more even than I think.

If I get seriously lopsided by next Wednesday - I'm coming after you. Bad Grin just kidding of course! You gave me really good permanent makeup advice on the other thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
juliac wrote:
Hi BBD, I did notice both of my eyes got a little irritated at first... The RL eye more than the JM though. Neither one does now - it's like I acclimated to them.

bkkgirl, I seriously wonder when/if LL will ever be available to the masses. I've tried Carrie's and MermaidGirl's hotmail addresses and neither works. I also PMed them both and neither responded. Lastly I found another email address for Carekate and though it didn't bounce, she didn't respond.

I feel ignored. Crying or Very sad

But bkkgirl, I do very much appreciate your pics. Thanks for sharing. Great results!! Wish I were in the 'in' crowd so I could get some LL.

/juliac

Juliac, I was on the DIY forum and saw this post from Carrie:

Quote:
Sorry for being incommunicado for so long, but I was dealing with some personal health issues. The bad news is that my condition has necessitated that I resign from my "day job" but the good news is that this means I'll have a whole helluva lot more time to hang out here and get back to work in my lab.

Currently I'm at my local library using one their PCs so I could let y'all know what's been going on with me, but I've got an appointment this Friday for the internet dude to come out and hook me up for access at home so I'll be back in the saddle and ready to respond to all those PMs and emails by early next week.

I'll catch you guys back this weekend so I can get caught up on everything I've missed....

Take care,
Carrie

So according to her message, she will have internet access at home this weekend and will be able to respond to PMs. So maybe yours will get a response, too! Very Happy It seems that with Carrie's resignation from her day job, she'll have lots of time on her hands now to take care of orders?
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
juliac, are you still doing the experiment?

I am so curious about your results? Smile

Please let us know Question

Pip
System
Automatic Message
Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm HA Plumping  Serum (30 ml) Dr Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Marine Oil-Free Moisture Cushion (50 ml / 1.7 floz) PSF Pure Skin Formulations Retinol Nano Lotion (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |