Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The aging process with photos! + Using LED + DW
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'll be glad to share the 'specs', as I perceive them.

1.) It's made of a lightweight plastic, and is 8" X 3" in diameter. Very comfortable to hold and maneuver. I'd estimate it weighs about 1/2 lb.

2.) It has 72 4mm bulbs, in a 3 inch round head, (red, infra red + amber). It covers more than a 4" area at a time when treating.

3.) I read elsewhere on the Quasar thread about 'joules'. The AT fellow said in a post that the Quasar SP gives 4 to 8 joules....The LightStim gives 32. I don't really know what that means, I'm just relaying what I've been told.

I am sooooooo very happy that I upgraded to the new anti-aging LightStim. I'm absolutely flabbergasted at the results I'm seeing after less than a week. It was the best $297.00 I ever spent.

HTH
Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Kassy, it really helps!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Joules info can be misleading without knowing the time and area for which those joules produced. It could be said that a device of the size of football field produces the same amount of joules as a device of the size of a matchbox, Rolling Eyes obviously the intensity for them would be different.

We need to compare apples to apples. The most logical way would be to get the number of joules per square inch per second, then we will be talking in the same terms. Somehow companies do not disclose the info easily that makes the comparison close to impossible.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:31 am      Reply with quote
There is a discussion on technical (as well as other) aspects of LEDs on this thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27378&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
There is a discussion on technical (as well as other) aspects of LEDs on this thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27378&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Very informative. Thank you for sharing.

I'm happy to see that the yellow/amber lights are especially good for skin rejuvination. The addition of them in my new light must be why I'm getting better, quicker results.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy the difference in your neck is outstanding!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Kassy the difference in your neck is outstanding!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. Smile

Happy to oblige! I'll have more pictures coming soon. I can't believe the results.. Dancing

Kassy

P.S. I sent you a pm regarding this thread!

CTYankeegirl
5% products discount

Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, boy... now I'm really confused.
Has anyone used both the DPL led light and the Lightstim? After reading about Kassy's new Anti-aging Light Stim, I'm wondering if I should have gotten that instead of the DPL. How different or similar are they?
Thanks! Very Happy
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Phooey! I wondering the same about my DPL now. I totally need skin rejuvenation Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Well... DPL, Lightstim, BQ, QSP are all the same technology. The only difference might be in intensity and quality. And we do not have good comparison at this time.
mpstat wrote:
We need to compare apples to apples. The most logical way would be to get the number of joules per square inch per second, then we will be talking in the same terms. Somehow companies do not disclose the info easily that makes the comparison close to impossible.

Assuming the quality is the same, the difference in the devices will be in the time required for treatments, otherwise supposedly the results should be comparable for all the devices. Users of multiple devices might be able to provide more info.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I can only share about LightStim since it's the only LED I have.

"The Anti-Aging Light™ mixes unique skin-specific Amber LED bulbs along with red and infrared LED bulbs. There are a total of 72 high-grade, high-output individual bulbs of varying wavelengths between 580nm and 1000 nm. The total output of which is 9,000mW!" (This is a quote from the website).

I was told in a phone conversation that the joules were 32 per square inch.

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
....I was told in a phone conversation that the joules were 32 per square inch.

Kassy, did they tell you if 32 joules is per second or some other time (like 3 minutes)? What is the time?
... and how many amber lights Lightstim has?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
It was 32 joules per square inch per second. I read that 4 to 8 were acceptable for photo rejuvination.

It looks like 18 amber lights. There are 72 in all, and they're 4 mm each.

A very strange thing just happened while I was trying to count, but I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks because of the light.. All of a sudden the amber lights began to look green, when I turned it off and on again they were back to amber.. Very weird in a good way!

Kassy

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:49 am      Reply with quote
All this just does not make sense!!!

Here info we have so far from different sources:

* IPL - 32 - 45 joules per cm2 per second
* Lightstim - 5.12 joules per cm2 per second (32 joules per in2)
* BQ/QSP/Tripanel - 0.001712 joules per cm2 per second (Panel size- 21.6 Sq. In.; 1 joule per each panel every 4.3 seconds => 0.232 joules per panel per second => 0.0107 joules per in2 per second => 0.001712 joules per cm2 per second.)
* DPL - 0.074 joules per cm2 per second (4 joules of energy per cm2 per ?9minutes? - no time specified, I assume 9 minutes since it is the recommended treatment duration)

Based on the numbers:
* Lightstim is really comparable to IPL - which is impossible to imagine: Lightstim users would burn themselves by applying it for several minutes on their skin.
* DPL is comparable to BQ/QSP - DPL almost 40 times more powerful then BQ/QSP. Again something does not add up, just from visual comparison Quasar has more LEDs per unit of measure then DPL. It is difficult to imagine such disparity between these devices.

Info that companies provided is not aligned, somebody provides questionable specs for their devices....
In addition as Rita pointed out on thread http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=27378
rita55 wrote:
… Interestingly enough,...most every one refers to the NASA study which clearly used the 660nm,, 730nm and the 880nm. I know for a fact, that most companies do not incoporate the 730nm LEDs because they are very expensive. To justify a companies position on this, they will tell you that 730nm does not matter or some other made-up reason.

Bottom line with all these devices: most likely we do not get that NASA promised results. First of all some LEDS frequencies are missing, second devices specs are not aligned. It does not mean that there are no benefits at all to all the devices, just that we are getting partial benefits and have really tough time comparing the devices with each other.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, thank you for providing amber lights count for Lightstim! Smile Smile Smile

DPL - 174 - red and infrared LED bulbs
Original Lightstim - 72 - red and infrared LED bulbs
Anti - Aging Lightstim - 72 - amber LED bulbs along with red and infrared LED bulbs
Note: still missing 730nm frequency from NASA studies:
Red light - 660 nm
Infrared light - 880 nm
Amber light - 590 nm

Anti - Aging Lightstim has amber lights in addition to red/infrared ones. Presence of amber lights makes Anti - Aging Lightstim more superior to the other two devices.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Product Comparisons: We not only believe LightStim™to be the leader in the industry, but we believe you would be hard pressed to find a light that is as powerful or effective for under $5,000!

"We developed the LightStim™ Photo Rejuvenation Light following NASA science to bring advanced LED technology to the broad public."
-Dr. Stanley R. Stanbridge (Co-developer).

The technology used to pinpoint the exact technical specifications of an LED light that would produce the most effective results, in the shortest amount of time, has been named "Photo Kinetic Technology". This was developed by Inventor/Developer Craig Baird.

Although we are not able to disclose the proprietary information about the LightStim™, we can tell you that our lights have 72 high power LED lamps with wavelengths between 450nm and 1,000nm, some of which are actually of Medical Grade. The correct wavelengths for maximum effect fall between these numbers. Over the course of 3 years of experimentation and clinical testing, the exact mix of wavelengths and intensities, as well as the exact amount of heat and motion were discovered.

The LightStim™ is hand held, making it very user friendly for reaching any area of the body. We found it much more beneficial to be able to move the light to concentrate on a specific area than to have its use restricted by being stationary.

The lightStim™ has a 3 inch head. By the process of encroachment the effects spread to about 4 inches in diameter. This makes the treatments take little time and save time.

The LightStim™ comes with a 90 Day, Money Back, Satisfaction Guarantee (unusual in this industry). And a 1 Year Repair/Replacement Warranty.

The LightStim™ is rated to last about 100,000 hours or continuous use! That’s a very long time. To give you an idea of how long that is, here are a few examples: 1) If you left the LightStim™ on it would run continuously for over 11 Years. 2) If your family used it for an average of 1 hour per day it would last over 273 Years!

Here’s an interesting piece of trivia: Of all the manufacturers that make the individual LED lightbulbs used in LightStim™ products, there are only two manufactures that produce the proper quality, intensity, and accuracy of wavelength of light, that will produce the results possible with this type of treatment. LightStim™ utilizes both of these manufactures, despite the added expense. This is also why our lights last for so many hours.

The above is quoted from the specs info I found on LightStim.

For me personally, I couldn't care less about joules, specs or anything else. What matters to me is this; IT WORKS! And I'm happy I paid less than $300. on a unit that in my opinion is every bit as good, or better than the $1800. Quasar SP. And as I mentioned before, it's a no brainer to operate, just turn it on and apply for a few minutes to each section..

I love it....

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I also love the fact that it's made in the USA and not in a sweat shop somewhere...(like several of the 'most' popular ones)

I wouldn't want to find out down the road that the device I was using was filled with lead.

Kassy

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
All the manufacturers state that their devices are superior, all claim that they are based on NASA studies, have money back guarantee etc. Most of the devices have positive reviews on EDS... When we are tying to make choices between the devices, the only way to actually compare the devices is technical specs. This is why specs are important to me. Intentionally or not companies are not strightforward with actual info, while providing lots of praising verbage.

I have DPL, and like the fact that DPL covers large area, and simple to operate. DPL can cover entire face in one sitting, and again there are lots of positive reviews for it. I might consider Anti-Aging Lightstim for travel due to its size. DPL is difficult to take on travel and Lightstim is manageable for this purpose.

All these gadgets cost money and unless there is a huge difference in the outcome, it does not make sense to accumulate multiple variations of similar things.

Kassey, it is great that Anti-Aging Lightstim works so well for you! Very Happy Very Happy

PS: $300 Lightstim vs $1800 Quasar SP does indeed need to involve something extremely superior beyond aluminum casing, otherwise it is a complete rip off. Shock Shock Shock
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I also love the fact that it's made in the USA and not in a sweat shop somewhere...(like several of the 'most' popular ones)...

Good point!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Made in USA as opposed in China gives more credibility.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I came across this 'old' press release regarding the original LightStim, and thought it might be of interest.

http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200704/1177151166.html

Yes, I just feel safer using a product made in the USA. FYI, Quasar products are all made here as well.

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy!!!
I was aware that Quasar made in the States, somehow think that DPL also made in US, but not sure, need to check.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
It was 32 joules per square inch per second. I read that 4 to 8 were acceptable for photo rejuvination.

It looks like 18 amber lights. There are 72 in all, and they're 4 mm each.

A very strange thing just happened while I was trying to count, but I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks because of the light.. All of a sudden the amber lights began to look green, when I turned it off and on again they were back to amber.. Very weird in a good way!

Kassy

Correction, the lights are 5mm each. There are 18 amber, 26 red + 28 infra-red. (I'm sure about the amber because they stood out well, but the red and infrared were harder to distinguish because the light is extremely bright.)

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I looked at DPL unit and could not find manufacturing info on the panels. On a power unit, which is separate from the panels, it is written that it is made in China. On Internet, resellers refer to the DPL manufacturing company as US based, at the same time I could not find references to the company's web site in the device manual.

All this said, it appears that DPL is produced in China. Sad Unless someone can state otherwise... Also I had tough time finding customer support phone number, obviously we can contact resellers (NCN in my case), but how about the actual manufacturer? On a positive side for Quasar and Lightstim, they have customer service readily available. I contacted Quasar myself in the past, and they quickly responded, and Kassy talked to Lightstim, so I assume Lightstim service as within a reach.

Kassy - thanks for clarifications on Lightstim LEDs counts!! Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
In my own personal experience, while researching LED's in the last 6 months, the folks at LightStim + Quasar both offer excellent customer service.

I received calls from very knowledgeable folks from both company's, more than once, who were more than happy to answer all of my many questions.

In dealing with LightStim I have corresponded with Steve (CEO), and several others, on several occasions. What I really like about LightStim is the fact that they don't feel it necessary to 'slander' the competition in order to promote their light. They are more than happy to let the product speak for itself. And for the occasional person that doesn't respond to the light, they have 90 days to return it with no questions asked.

As for me, I now have both lights. I decided not to trade in the 'original' because I love it for other treatments as well as anti-aging.

Kassy

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, can you spell out exactly what your routine is using the Lightstim.
Thanks, Carol
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Kassy, can you spell out exactly what your routine is using the Lightstim.
Thanks, Carol

Sure Carol, happy to. There isn't any drama or pages of instruction though:

1.) Cleanse face, neck, decollete'. (I use alpha hydroxy face wash + a wash cloth)I don't use toner.)

2.) Apply a high quality antioxidant serum/cream I make myself. (My skin is no longer dry, so I use serum mostly)

3.) Get comfy on the couch and have at it as follows;

I start at the bottom and work my way up (7 chest areas, 4 neck + 12 face). Trying not to let the light escape, I glide the light to each area and hold it for 2 minutes, overlapping a bit as I go. My entire treatment takes about 30 minutes. When I have plenty of time to spare, I do 3 minutes per spot and then it's just about an hour.

LightStim has no flashing lights or modes to contend with. All lights work in unison.

The object is to treat each area for 2 solid minutes. Keep your eye closed when treating that immediate area (I hold it directly over my eye for 1 minute).

I also treat the tops of my hands now + then with good results.

I'm happy to answer questions anytime!

Kassy

System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC Crease Ease Emulsion (50 ml) Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |