Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm HA Plumping  Serum (30 ml) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml) Priori Minerals LCA fx110 Gentle Cleanser (180 ml / 6 fl oz)
I think RevitaLash is making my eyes hurt
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ice_Siren
5% products discount

Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using it every night for the last 3 weeks on my lids with a very thin strip of an application. I have noticed lately, and especially today, that my eyes hurt when I look around. I would say it's almost like the fatigue that muscles get when they are worked out then start to recover for the next few days. However, I have not been on the computer a lot since it's the holidays, and I have not read (and I can plow through a book a day without ending up with tired eyes) anything beyond a chapter in a book lately, so this leads me to believe that RL is the culprit. I did notice an increase of dry eyes in the morning, but this is different and painful and lasts all day. Since we are talking about the precious eyeballs, I am afraid I am going to have to kiss my $$ goodbye and throw the tube out.

On a side note, I wanted to Google and see if anyone else had this issue and I came across this article which appears to have been written last week.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB119543055372597359.html?mod=blog
havana8

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:08 am      Reply with quote
So sorry to hear that, Ice_Siren. I think there are a few who have experienced some irritation too…

Revitalash and eyelid redness
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=329514&highlight=revitalash#329514

help!!! revitalash is making the veins in my eye pop out!!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25197&highlight=revitalash

I threw away my Revitalash last night.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23449&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=revitalash&start=0
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I love my Revitalash and got incredible results but yes, it definitely made my normally dry eyes even drier. I've mentioned this here a couple of times before, but i will say it again. At my yearly eye exam, I told my Eye Doc I was using a lash serum that had the Glaucoma medicine in it. I expected a scolding but he was not at all concerned (and was actually intrigued) and essentially said: "because we all have some pressure in the eye, it would just reduce any you have, which wouldn't be harmful. It won't hurt your eyes." The only negative he mentioned was that if you have green eyes, (I have brown) it might darken the coloration. The drying effect of the serum comes from a sodium something or other ingredient...not from the glaucoma ingredient. Sorry your eyes are hurting but I think you are just sensitive to some of the ingredients, and your eyes will recover Ice Siren.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Ice_Siren
5% products discount

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies. I have stopped using it for a few days and the pain has stopped, so I have no worries. I have pretty long lashes to begin with, so it was not hard to give up....now that 90 bucks on the other hand.... Laughing
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Lilash? Its supposed to be the least irritating compared to the rest, at least thats the point they push in thier advertising. Im thinking about buying that, but I dont know about its effectiveness. But if its gentle like they say then thats the one I would buy if I had to choose. And you are lucky your eyelashes are long to begin with....I wish I was that lucky!
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:27 am      Reply with quote
My sister has been using Enormous (Massive) Lash for 10 days without any irritation. Too early to say if it works or not.
obsessedshopper
5% products discount

Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:37 am      Reply with quote
i used revitalash and noticed irritation on the areas that I applied it - nothign major, but enough for me to stop using it. I don't need MORE dry skin.
htiamin

Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Revitalash has caused some vision reduction as noted some reviewrs. Revitalash causes darkening of the Iris (especially blue/hazel eyes to dark brown).

Also report of eye sight reduction for prolonged use has been reported. Please beware with this product as the official website does not comment on the side effects. FDA is looking into this matter.
beautyme

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Revitalash(original version) for about a month or so. I saw good results after one week of using the product. My upper and bottom lashes are longer than ever!, not thicker as I would like tough. During the first week, I noticed a little bit of redness on the the base of my eyelashes after each application, but then it stopped. I have been using permanent tear ducts on my eyes for las 2 years, and I have not experienced any dried eyes since then. However, now I feel my eyes got drier than ever, and I think it might be because I have been using Revitalash!!??Sad. Does any body else have experienced this? Thank you.
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
There's an excellent article on the growth hormone eyelash enhancers in this month's (October) Vogue Magazine (American version)...

Basically, it says that the chemical (Bimatoprost) is used to treat glaucoma. It's not FDA approved for any sort of eyelash enhancement.

The danger of Revitalash (the original formula) is that some people have experienced eye irritation, discoloration and swelling of the retina. It could lead to damage to the optic nerve and vision loss.

There was a thread on here just recently with a lot of contributors discussing Revitalash. Overall, I think a lot of people have concerns about this product.

In the meantime, here's just one link I found for you:

http://www.treatment-skincare.com/Athena/Revitalash-Withdrawn.html
FitFifty
5% products discount

Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I'd immediately trash anything I found irritating, but if I were just guessing about what's causing the problem, I'd hold off on tossing my expensive tube. Always a chance it was something else - sun exposure, food that had MSG, or whatever - and you'll be kicking yourself when you realize it.
Interestingly, eyelid pain or irritation aren't among the reported side effects of Lumigan, which is the glaucoma medication containing the original active ingredient of Revitalash (bimataprost). Of course, those patients are putting the meds in their eyes, not on their lids, and it's possible an inert ingredient rather than the active is causing your problem.
I have very sensitive skin and eyes, and I've been using it for over a year with no problem (though I'd never let any get in my eyes). Though what bothers me may not bother you, and vice versa.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:12 am      Reply with quote
I really want to try, but have to reconsider after reading your message, I have very dry eyes, perhaps it is no good for me.
nekosen
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Is that possible that it doesn't fit ur skin type?
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I brought lilash, simply because it markets itself as being a non irritating formula.
The first time i used it, it made my eyes so irritated i had an eyeinfection! so i stopped using it.

I started using it again the other day and realised that i was applying way too much, and now i apply such a small amount that i wipe the brush on the sides before applying it.

I can now say i have no irritation and my eyelashes are growing with that small amount.

Angel
leileieve
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
i think you should stop using and find the real reason for it first.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

PSF Pure Skin Formulations Retinol Nano Lotion (30 ml / 1 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Osmotics Blue Copper 5 Anti-Aging Body Lift (150 ml / 5 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |