Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bioelements Remineralist Daily Moisture (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Doctor Babor Lifting RX Collagen Serum (4 bottles of net 3/16 fl. oz each) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz)
Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Instant Mineral SPF30 (review)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Janoy
5% products discount

Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Ok so I bought the Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Instant Mineral SPF30 'anti aging' brush on powder about a month ago and I have been using it so here goes my take on the product....

First of all I want to say that I use Colorescience Sunforgettables and have for several years now...Love the product...just wanted to try the PR Un-Wrinkle Powder cause I'm a sucker for anything that claims to help you... well... un-wrinkle..lol..anyway

The brush is a little hard for my face and tends to lose hairs as you swipe it over your face...the first time I used it I was surprised as I couldn't see the product going on but I found that it left my skin with a 'yellowish tint'...so I opened the cap and sure enough the product looks a pale yellow. Thats ok because my cheeks are reddish anyway so it seemed to calm down my reddishness on my skin.

I have to say that it does what it says it does as far as sun protection goes...I deliberately used the product on a sunny day and sat out in the sun and it worked!! As far as the un-wrinkle goes I didn't see a difference on my skin, although I have to admit I don't have a lot of wrinkles (only 50) so I really can't comment on that part.

I thought the product was going to be invisible because of another review I read once...but it's not..

I don't like the tube at all..when done using the product you need to pull back the tube to make the brush go inside it and then you put the cap on the brush. I have learned not to push the tube completely closed after that as it will make a puff of dust in the air...don't know why but it does.

I also read that it has only 3.1 grams of product in the tube compared to Colorescience Sunforgettables which has double the product!!

So I find that Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Instant Mineral SPF30 is a little expensive for what you get, the applicator isn't built well, awkward way of putting the cap over the brush (unlike Colorescience which is very easy)

It doesn't have a smell to it and it does feel good on the skin... I have very sensitive skin so it didn't irritate at all.

Would I buy it again?? Probably not..I would love to hear from someone who has noticeable wrinkles that uses this product to see if that aspect of the product works. I didn't find any change in my face, no lifting or smoother appearance...so I just can't comment on that...

For what you get I will stick to Colorescience Sunforgettables as you get way more for your money and it has the same SPF.

I use Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Instant Mineral SPF30 (what I have left of it) on my hands for when I'm driving in the car!!
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review! So you prefer this over the colorscience powder?
Janoy
5% products discount

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
no I don't prefer it over Colorescience!!! I won't buy Peter Thomas Roth mineral protection again!
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Janoy wrote:
no I don't prefer it over Colorescience!!! I won't buy Peter Thomas Roth mineral protection again!

Haha...I guess it is not worth trying.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Cosmedix Affirm Antioxidant Firming Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |