Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need your best tips for beautiful long and lush lashes!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mayhua
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:26 am      Reply with quote
i'm using DHC eyelash tonic n mavala double lash every simultaneausly n it seems to work. i can see my lashes even without mascara now.
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Skinactives Brow and Lash serum with KGF. I've used it about 4 weeks and my lashes are in really great condition and seem the longest I have ever seen them. I have also used it on an area in a brow that is thin and it is improving.

The cost is extremely low, at only $9.50, and there is plenty left in the 10 ml tube at the moment.

I have also switched to a non-waterproof mascara which comes off fairly easy with very little effort.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
I have been using Revitalash for about 2 years now and love the stuff. It has made my lashes so much longer. The key for me is to add a coat of Ardell Brow & Lash Growth serum to my lashes after applying a thin line of Revitalash. Ardell does not make your lashes grow in the least - but they keep your lashes nicely conditioned so they last much longer. You will notice very few if any eye lashes falling out even after 3 months or so. They just seem to hang on forever with this combo.

Unfortunately, I have yet to find a product that actually thickens eye lashes.

For Mascara I prefer Black out by Dior Show or Two Face Lash Injection for a more dramatic evening look and Estee Lauder More than Mascara for day wear.

Where do you get your Ardell? How much is one tube?
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Lumigan girl here, with great results.

One thing that has made a huge difference for me is learning to never rub my eyes, including when I wash or dry my face or remove mascara. I just pat gently with a downward motion. This goes a long way to prevent lashes breaking off through rubbing.

As to mascara, I like just about anything with a plastic brush. I never use waterproof because it is so hard to remove.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
A friend of mine tried Talika Eyelash Lipocils and she told me that this product made her eyelash as two double long as before.
yajo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the Givenchy Phenomen'eyes mascara Shock WOW ! Very nice result. I love it.

On a long term use I also like de Beyond long of Prescriptives and effet faux cils of YSL.
Drsunmei
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:52 am      Reply with quote
JM is a good serum. YSL mascara can make your lashes look really long and curly.
DonnaFtLaud

Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I've been using RapidLash for about a month now, took a while to get going, but lately I (and others) have noticed that they are getting fabulously long! Haven't seen thickness or darkening yet, but like I said, it's only a month. Would love to find something that's cheaper than the $50 I pay for RapidLash. Suggestions? Very Happy
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:34 am      Reply with quote
Drsunmei wrote:
JM is a good serum. YSL mascara can make your lashes look really long and curly.

Speaking of mascara, I like HR more. I almost think that HR mascara is the best I have ever used. I always use two different types of HR mascara for two different layer, one for density, and one for length.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
flyflyonly wrote:
Drsunmei wrote:

Speaking of mascara, I like HR more. I almost think that HR mascara is the best I have ever used. I always use two different types of HR mascara for two different layer, one for density, and one for length.

flyfly, what is HR mascara?
RGGAL365
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I am thinking of trying Revitalash. Has anyone come upon any information regarding the ingredients in this product which may be harmful to the eyelid or eyes?
kayanl
5% products discount

Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I thought Revitalash stung like heck, but then I have sensitive eyes.

Here's a list of all the different lash serums

Age 22 - Dry sensitive skin, acne prone with pre rosacea. My HG Products: Emu Oil, Green Cream, Hyaluronic Acid, Neutrogena sunblock with helioplex, Everyday Minerals, and a healthy low carb diet. My Blog: Knowing Shopper - Makeup tips, reviews, and deals for people with sensitive skin - http://www.knowingshopper.com
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Natalyn:

Just checking back on this thread - sorry I didn't see your question sooner.

Ardell Brow & Lash can be purchased on line at drugstore.com for about $3.99 - Super cheap & works great.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Ardell Brow and Lash for awhile now but have not noticed any improvement. I think it's probably a good conditioner but does it actually make lashes grow longer??
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi REGGAL365:

No, as I stated in my earlier post Ardell Brow & Lash does not make your lashes grow in the least. When used in conjunction with Revitalash, Ardell keeps your lashes super conditioned and seems to extend the life of your lashes 3X the normal growth cycle. I rarely ever experience lashes falling or breaking off.

So for me; Revitalash + Ardell works great.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Fairlady. I just picked up Revitalash and I will also use the Ardell for the best lash results. Thanks!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
My daughter and I have been using Mirenesse from Australia for a while and we are really seeing thicker lashes. (The Lumigan is seeing to the longer look, particularly with mine, which are insanely long. People think I've had extensions.) The Mirenesse is one of those tubes mascaras although it is nothing like those ghastly drug-store plasticky tubes.

Here are ten tips for more beautiful lashes: http://halfahundred.blogspot.com/2009/05/ten-tips-for-thicker-eyelashes.html

I wrote that a couple of months back, but it still applies. Without a doubt, Lumigan/Latisse/bimatoprost is the single best thing you can do to enhance your lashes. Then a few sweeps with the mascara brush and you'll look like you visited a salon.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I was on forum years ago and read about CareKates eyelash growth serum and just remembered about it when I read this post. Where can I get hold of it? Thanks.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Freedom37,
Hello I am pretty new just joined last month. I have read so many wonderful and informative posts by CareKate I wish there was a way! From what I read in the lounge (I think) she left the forum for personal reasons. Such a shame. She was a wealth of knowledge here and I am sure people here for longer than me must dearly miss her contributions.
Hope that is not too off topic but knew you would want an answer.
I would love to try her Lush Lash as I think it is called.
Welcome back from a newbie!

HTH
Rona

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
The post office has informed me - the package of Latisse I ordered from India has arrived so that's my next test!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh! Exciting. I've never tried the Latisse. I love to paint so any excuse to get my hands on a paintbrush...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Flossie30 wrote:
Lara1 wrote:
You can try Castor oil for your lashes. It will moisturise and make them visually longer, also many people believe it promote lash growth.

That's what I'm using, as I'm trying to get away from using name-brand products and into DIY. I read some reviews on MUA that seemed to say castor oil does promote growth (of eyebrows, too!), but I guess the jury's still out on that one. I haven't used it long enough to tell.

As for Latisse, yes, you need a prescription in the US, but a lot of people get Lumigan--the active ingredient, I think--w/o a prescription from overseas pharmacies. (There's a thread in the DIY forum, I believe.) Personally, I'm terrified of the side effects, so I guess I'll stick to castor oil and see what happens.

I have been using Castor oil for many-many years. Also have been using lumigan for a while. For lashes Castor oil is not anywhere near lumigan. Do not take me wrong I love Castor oil, thanks to Castor oil I do not have any fine lines around my eyes, but for lashes lumigan is a bomb!!!! With lumigan my lashes are super long, I get comments on my lashes from people I do not know (when I am in stores etc.) practically every day, and since I get them tinted, even without mascara they look spectacular.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Essential Corrective Complex (10 ml / 0.34 floz) Pro-Derm HA Plumping  Serum (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |