Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz)
Overview of some Yonka Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
MsJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Is Yonka gel only for oily skin? I have "normal" skin, whatever that is(!), whenever I use the gel, my skin sort of feels dry and tight, is that normal?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Chunlisa thankyou for the great review, I've been wondering about the Yonka products for a while now and have the same skin type as you, I am a lot clearer on what to buy now Very Happy
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
:adds Ylang-Ylang to the growing list: Very Happy

Thanks, Ladies!

ETA: What is the exact name of the product you recommend?
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Gel Nettoyant is for oily skins but it shouldn't be too drying. If it dries you out, then it may be a bit too strong and you might want to try Yonka Creme Cleanser (or switch between the two).

Ylang Ylang -- I use Decleor Ylang Ylang Aromessence (or however you spell it). Smile I mix that with some Hydra Matte Regulating fluid and it is the perfect foundation base. Smile
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I have 52 year old very oily skin with lots of clogged pores, do you think that's the product I need?

Sorry to be dense but I just want to get the right product when I'm ready to purchase. Smile Thanks a lot!

Red
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:07 am      Reply with quote
red77 wrote:
I have 52 year old very oily skin with lots of clogged pores, do you think that's the product I need?

Sorry to be dense but I just want to get the right product when I'm ready to purchase. Smile Thanks a lot!

Red
Red -

To deal with your clogged pores, I honestly think that you should consider trying the Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream (or the homemade version) – it seriously helps to suck the gunk right out of your pores!! Of course, you need to use an actual facial cleanser (i.e.: Yonka Nettoyant Gel or Creme) to remove makeup because the Dr. H actually behaves more like a “mask” than an actual facial cleaner.

Thus, the regimen I would recommend for you would be:

Mornings:

1) Apply Dr. H Cleansing Cream (because your face should not be getting dirty simply from sleeping, you shouldn’t need to use an actual cleanser in the A.M., although you can if you want to), and followup with your fave facial toner (perhaps the homemade Apple Cider Vinegar toner??!); then

2) Apply 2-3 drops of Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang Oil. Note: if your skin is oily, apply Y-Y oil all over your face, if your skin is normal or dry, then apply the Y-Y oil to only those areas where your pores are clogged.

Evenings:

1) Cleanse face with Yonka Gel Nettoyant or Creme Nettoyant (or, like Lisa said, alternate between the two) to remove makeup/dirt/oil; then

2) Apply Dr. H Cleansing Cream, and followup with your fave facial toner (again, that ACV toner is working wonders for all who try it!! Smile ); then

3) Apply a tiny bit of Decleor Ylang Ylang Balm. Again, if you’re oily, put the balm all over, but if you’re normal or dry, then concentrate the balm only on areas with clogged pores.

The two Ylang Ylang products will help soften the “plugs” (i.e.: blackheads) in your clogged pores so that they are easier to remove, and the suction action of the pressing/kneading technique used in the application of Dr. H CC will help “vacuum” the gunk right out of your pores and then prevent them from refilling with sebum/dead skin cells to become clogged again. I think if you try this regimen, you’ll be surprised at how quickly you’ll start to see a change (for the better!) in your skin when you look in the mirror!

Hope this info is helpful and good luck....
Carrie
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Well thank you so much for those that tried to help! ((((hugs)))

I've been using the Dr. H cleansing cream for about a week off and on. I seem to let life get in the way at times and opt for a quicker regimen Rolling Eyes So far, I see no difference.

I just now copied your recipe for the toner and actually bought a mini coffee grinder the other day to make my own cleansing cream. I have some raw almonds in the freezer just waiting! I got 2 tubes of Dr. H's so I'll make my own when that's gone. Perhaps I'm too anxious--I want those clogged pores gone yesterday! Very Happy

I need to bolster up my bank account again. I'm taking down a lot of info from this site in a small notebook for when I have more funds. Smile Ylang-ylang essential oil at my HFS is 15 dollars an ounce. Seems a bit steep! The nearest Whole Foods store is over 2 hours from my home.

I'm saving for an upper eyelid lift at the moment.

I can't thank you enough for being the *experimenter* for us! Your recipes are incredible! I'm all for saving money Very Happy

Red: Who dreams of her ylang-ylang oil purchase
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I cracked and ordered the Decleor Aromessence Visage Ylang Ylang oil Laughing

Ack! I need a night job Razz
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
just got samples of Yonka today-they said for combo skin no need for more oil so gel cleanser, toner and Frueitila (Spelled wrong) has anyone tried this combo-also the alpha complex and mask as needed-Thanks
Pyrophantasm

Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Lisa,

Can i use gommage303 while i still have active acne? or should i separately treat the acne scars with the gommage? also, just how often can i use the Masque(103), i've been getting wondrous results from it. so far, it's been my third time this week..

Thanks luv. Very Happy
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Ok all Yonka experts, help!! I will elaborate on another thread about a facial I recv'd with Yonka products--I'll give reviews as well, but for now HOW THE HECK DO I GET THE GOMMAGE 305 to work?? I know sounds silly Shock --but I just can't get the darn stuff to peel off. I've tried layering more product and that doesnt work. Could I have gotten a bad batch? The stuff just doesn't rub off and I end up really pushing hard on my skin--not good! Txs everyone!

Lisa--popular name here Cool
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yonka Mask -- you can use about 3 times a week -- any more and it might start drying out your skin!

Gommage: Here's what works for me. Apply it all over the skin and wait until it dries. (I will describe peeling it off on the right side of the face so as not to cause confusion.)

Make a "peace" sign with your left hand index and middle finger (or like you're holding up the number "2" with your fingers). Put the bottom part of those two fingers against your right cheek so as to make the skin stay put. Keeping your left hand fingers there, use your right hand fingers (index and middle, touching side by side) and start "rubbing" the product off. The use of the left hand should keep your facial skin from moving around (which is bad for your skin) and allow the gommage to come off. Do the same with other areas of your face, obviously. Smile It's really a difficult exfoliator . . . I personally prefer the Dermalogica Microfoliant but Gommage is really good generally (so long as you can get it off).

Hope this helps!
Lisa
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Lisa~

Wow! What a great explanation on how to apply the gommage. Sadly enough I have given the gommage a rest--I figure life is too short and product lists way too long for me to TRY and FIGURE OUT how to conquer the gommage. I will keep your advice in mind if/when I TRY and use it again. Plus I rationalize this is a good reason for me to try ANOTHER exfoliant Bad Grin . Recent tries have been Dermalogica's Gentle Cream Exfoliant and Jason's Pineapple/Papaya Enzyme Mask. In my ever so zealous way of wanting the benefits of exfoliating I have OVER DONE IT! Now I can't stop peeling--oh well, will try again in a week or so. Thank goodness for samples!

Lisa
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I got the Decleor Ylang ylang today! Thanks for steering me in this direction Very Happy
GirlOnline
5% products discount

Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'm going to try the Juvenil and Nettoyant... it seems like if it works, it really works.

And it sound like I'm not the only one to experience such skin problems!!

The only thing is with so many things on EDS to choose from... I don't know how to be sure I'm spending my ££ on the right thing :S

Have any of you found anything good for scarring? I have some marks on my chest and shoulders.(May be best to message me, rather that spoiling this thread)

I will post back with results.

Thanks for all the info x
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
it is great......but after a month or 2 of using my creame 28 moisturizer i am getting abit off the smell.. At first i was fine with it and like it but now....lol m craving something fresh flowery like decleor than the medicinal smell from the yonka creme
danatartau
5% products discount

Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone tried Yonka Elastine Nuit?
Happy with it?

Thank you
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
hi Maddy and Mabsy, Yonka is used in the RACV club Beauty salon in Melbourne, Bourke St.

Since it's available there, I would assume that there is a distributor in Australia so the products should be avail througout Australia.

I have used the Cleansing Gel and love it too, like many here.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC VitaminC + Retinol Mask (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Gehwol Gerlavit Moor Vitamin Cream - Facial Care (75 ml / 2.6 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |