Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross Vitamin C Lactic 15% Vitamin C Firm & Bright Serum (30 ml / 1.0 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz)
ANTI-AGING EYES AND FACE PLUS VITAMIN SUPPLEMENTS ADVICE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

Rileygirl and Moongoddess....302 skincare also made my face worse rather than better. I also thought I was the only one to experience this. Apparently I'm not Surprised

I'm sorry you are a member of this club, too, leelee! At least we know we are not alone now!

hmmm...not just that it didn't work, but that it made our skin worse...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:

I have a feeling the Avocatin is not for everyone. Maybe there are some of us who don't need that particular ingredient and for whatever reason it makes us respond by worsening our skin?
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
hi md

I don't think i have lift from SS, though i 4 sure do from facial excercise, BUT the SS has definately smoothed out wrinkle giving the appearance of lift or helping the lift from exercising to be more obvious...hth

mg

Thanks. So far I have not been able to get lifting to my lower face with exercises - I have a scalloped edge to the jaw now and hate it. I definitely can see lift to my mid and upper face with exercises. I am not disciplined enough though so I have not really given it a chance to do what it can do for me. What about the softer doughy look that can happen to the lower face? That is starting to happen to me. I would think the SS would help with that. Another question - isn't this the same thing as Thermage but just not as strong? I assume they did long term studies with this to see if using it regularly did not cause fat loss. (?) know when Thermage first came out there were issues with that.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:44 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl.....I don't know your skin type but mine is very dry/sensitive and I have this feeling that 302 works better for those with an oily/acneic complexion. I could be wrong of course but that's the feeling I got from reading much of the 302 thread.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:04 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
rileygirl.....I don't know your skin type but mine is very dry/sensitive and I have this feeling that 302 works better for those with an oily/acneic complexion. I could be wrong of course but that's the feeling I got from reading much of the 302 thread.

I have very normal skin, leeleedeedee. I actually think you are right, and that 302 works better for oily/acne types!
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi salster68

You mentioned that you have bags under your eyes and crepey skin. A doctor thinned my skin by giving me steroid injections to help with muscle pain, and suddenly I developed huge dark bags. They aged me fifteen years or so. I know what its like to not want anyone to see you, I feel the same way. I recently saw a thread on this forum that mentioned easy eye solutions or EES. Tony, a member, mention that her bags are so much improved by this product that she cant believe it. The thread is 50 pages and covers a year or more, and there are pictures showing the improvement of the bags and under eye skin of these women. It is incredible. I have decide to order the small size which is 38$ because, like you, I have severe money restrictions. I cant say the eye tuck product works, but the evidence on that thread is pretty amazing. Go to the search button at the top of the screen and type EES. There is a shorter thread on the reduction of milla, but you need to look at the other one. Sorry, I know this sounds confusing but I am new to the forums and don't really know my way around.
Really hope this helps
Al
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
moongoddess wrote:
hi md

I don't think i have lift from SS, though i 4 sure do from facial excercise, BUT the SS has definately smoothed out wrinkle giving the appearance of lift or helping the lift from exercising to be more obvious...hth

mg

Thanks. So far I have not been able to get lifting to my lower face with exercises - I have a scalloped edge to the jaw now and hate it. I definitely can see lift to my mid and upper face with exercises. I am not disciplined enough though so I have not really given it a chance to do what it can do for me. What about the softer doughy look that can happen to the lower face? That is starting to happen to me. I would think the SS would help with that. Another question - isn't this the same thing as Thermage but just not as strong? I assume they did long term studies with this to see if using it regularly did not cause fat loss. (?) know when Thermage first came out there were issues with that.

don't know if i did this correct, but below is the link to SS from skin bio they claim it synthesizes collagen and elastin...
http://www.skinbiology.com/skinsignals.html

As for Thermage, i thought that was some kind of device that fried the b-jeezus out of the deeper layers of your skin...don't know what the 2 would have in common, but maybe i'll goolgle it.

I can relate to the scalloped edging on jaw line -well put - i have a hint of it and i don't do facial excercises for my jaw area bcause i feel they give a masculine square look to my jaw - i do, though, massage the area - you should give that a go (if you don't already), it's a no brainer, unlike facial massage, which can often feel like a chore or a package deal (package meaning the whole face not just one area Smile just grap at your jaw line once a day and knead and twist, you'd be surprised...
m
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
mommydearest wrote:
moongoddess wrote:
hi md

mg

don't know if i did this correct, but below is the link to SS from skin bio they claim it synthesizes collagen and elastin...
http://www.skinbiology.com/skinsignals.html

As for Thermage, i thought that was some kind of device that fried the b-jeezus out of the deeper layers of your skin...don't know what the 2 would have in common, but maybe i'll goolgle it.

I can relate to the scalloped edging on jaw line -well put - i have a hint of it and i don't do facial excercises for my jaw area bcause i feel they give a masculine square look to my jaw - i do, though, massage the area - you should give that a go (if you don't already), it's a no brainer, unlike facial massage, which can often feel like a chore or a package deal (package meaning the whole face not just one area Smile just grap at your jaw line once a day and knead and twist, you'd be surprised...
m

Oh God totally know what you mean about the massage. I get such sore thumb joints if I do my whole face. It is much easier to grab that area too.

I believe both Thermage and the SS use radio frequency but I am sure they are very different. If Thermage is done by a really experienced doctor who knows what he is doing with it, it can be very effective.
Thanks.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
oily, acneic Confused
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:46 am      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
hi salster68

along w/ the RA and topical c, you should absolutely put out the $$ for a facial excercise/massage program. There is Flex Effect and Ageless if you Dare. Flex Effect is more expensive but it's SOOOOO comprehensive - it teaches you how to work the facial muscles along w/ bone building techniques and skin remodeling techniques- IMO it's worth it's weight in gold. Also, skin signals by Skin Biology has done remarkable things for my skin (brought it back to life after another line ruined it). Easy Eye Solutions is a great product for under eye problems. Check EDS boards for more info. If you do nothing else, you should start massaging your face today!
I want to second two things suggested by moongoddess here. The new Flexeffect program is dynamite...the old one gave me a natural face lift in 2007 although i must admit I struggled with some of the exercises because all weren't demonstrated on the DVD. With the new program all are demonstrated and it has way more information. It is actually so much easier to follow. Now for the under eye issue Easy eye Solutions has given me a toally youthful undereye area. I have pictures somewhere on the Easy Eye Solutions thread. I will be 55 soon and I teach high school ...and still having students hit on me. So you can be a certain age without looking it! Laughing I found the pictures here..I am Toby and it is the second set of pictures( you must click on the thread and then go to page 4) http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=438829#438829

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:56 am      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

Rileygirl and Moongoddess....302 skincare also made my face worse rather than better. I also thought I was the only one to experience this. Apparently I'm not Surprised

I'm sorry you are a member of this club, too, leelee! At least we know we are not alone now!

I'm another member of that club - I had the WORST skin of my life all of last year and 2 mos of this year - and I only tried 302 for 6 mos.

I had really good looking skin before taking the 302 experiment (except for an occasional pimple) - good enuf to get carded 3X in '08 (mistaken for 35). None of that happened at all in'09. Now that I've returned to using the products I used in '08, my skin is making a turn around (and I'm getting a few more comments on looking younger again)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:57 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:

I have oily/acneic skin and my skin definitely did not like 302. My chest does, but not my face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:01 am      Reply with quote
alexes wrote:
Hi salster68
A doctor thinned my skin by giving me steroid injections to help with muscle pain, and suddenly I developed huge dark bags. They aged me fifteen years or so…
Al

alexes - you should look into using CPs (copper peptides).

Another EDS member recently reported that using them all over her body increased the size of her boobs (I know - sounds totally off the wall)

BUT - from what I've heard/read about CPs is that they can increase subcutaneous fat and this is what someone needs after using steriods. That EDS member had also used steriods. (Can't remember her name, but I'll go find it and the thread for you)

The Easy Eye Solution is really good for bags, but the CPs will help correct the problem where the EES is more temporary (except a few have said they get cumulative results). Might be good to use both.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Salster68 – you should also look into CPs. I found they really helped with firming my skin when I started using them in ’08 (enuf that I got carded 3X after using them!) and they can help with the tone, fine wrinkles and general health of your skin. Look into Skin Biology’s Skin Signals (mentioned here a few times). It’s new and besides the CPs, it has added collagen and elastin to help with the firming of the skin and remodeling of it.
EES would be good for the eyes ,but some CPs can help restore the area. CPs are really strong, so you need to go slow – esp on the eyes.

DMAE cream is controversial, but can help with firming too – I use mine on my upper lids occasionally and it help to tighten them up. Skin Biology has some nice DMAE serum called Two Timing Tightener.

For supplements, make sure to take 1000mg of Vitamin C and 1000mg of MSM for your skin. A good Omega 3 is also helpful and Vitamin D.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Hello foxe....sorry to hear about your very bad experience with 302 products. Okay, I'm wrong, then, about my theory and I suppose it's just fair to say that if you want to try 302 you might really like it and then maybe you might really hate it but the only way to know is to just try it and see!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:26 am      Reply with quote
alexis - was it you that posted the increase in subcutaneous fat using CPs? Can you comment here?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:29 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hello foxe....sorry to hear about your very bad experience with 302 products. Okay, I'm wrong, then, about my theory and I suppose it's just fair to say that if you want to try 302 you might really like it and then maybe you might really hate it but the only way to know is to just try it and see!

I really had wanted the 302 to work, but it did not and made my skin so much worse. I gave it 6 mos and it took 8 more to get clear and return to the state it was before using it.

I'm so glad to be back using Retin A, CPs and adding in all the gadgets and Vit C. My skin is actually looking even better than it had in '08. I do need to work on the loss of elasticity I got from not using these products in '09, though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Foxe

Yes it was me who had the increase in breast size - weird I know - but also had a filling in of the lines around my nose to mouth area. I used CPs full strength in just those two areas and in about five months could no longer deny the change. I have just started to use the CPs around my eyes, but am diluting them a lot (two drops in water for my whole face) because the SkinBiology site said too much CP around the eye too soon will cause problems. I am hoping for improvement, but in the mean time I am hoping the Easy Eye Solutions eye tuck will make the horrible bags less obvious.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Salster68

I wanted to tell you something else I did that helped my crow's feet disappear in a few weeks. I started to take Vit A. It is cheap, and you have to use the liquid capsule kind, not the tablets, but try taking three a day. My friend who went to Taiwan and sat on the beach a lot, came back with awful skin damage and huge crow's feet that he had never had before. He started to take the Vit A and in less than a month the lines were all but gone. When he stops using the vitamin they come back a bit, after about a month, but they are greatly reduced.
Hope this helps
Al
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Alexes....could you please tell me what form of vitamin A you take? Is it Beta Carotene, Cod Liver Oil or something else? Thank you.

Foxe....yes, I really wanted 302 to work because I so believed in the philosophy behind the products. But, my skin is ultra sensitive and I think some of the ingredients just irritated my skin so badly that I couldn't go on with the products. I was very disappointed. Now, I'm on Karin Herzog and Nia 24 and amazingly these products do not irritated my skin and have certainly improved it.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Leeleedeedee

I use a fish oil Vit A, in capsule form. When I tried the Carotene the lines slowly started to come back. I think the fish oil is absorbed better, and just like Omega 369 does wonders for the skin. The fish oil Vit A contains pure retinol. I wont go a day without it.

Al
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Alexes. What you say is very interesting and I am going to check out the Vitamin A in my local health food store. Like I said in a previous post I am looking to add a fish oil to my daily supplements anyways, so your information comes at the right time. Thank you!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Jan Marini Regeneration Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |