Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Home microdermabrasion machine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
anngel

Mon May 03, 2010 12:30 am      Reply with quote
I got interested in the timepeel and realised it's made in korea after googling it. anyway, i found a seller on ebay australia, selling brand new for AUD129 incl postage to aust. i also got extra filters at AUD15 for 100 pcs. Received the items very quickly. Except for 1 instruction manual in english, everything is in korean, eg there's instructions on the casing that house the tubing and power on/off etc, well that's in korean as well. The machine is easy to operate, I followed the diagram on the directions and intensity to use for various part of the face, done 1 treatment so far. My forehead is abit red cos it says to use high intensity and i got bolder towards the end and used some strength to press down on the skin. I like that my skin feels smooth after the seemingly effortless treatment.
anngel

Wed May 05, 2010 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
For those with the Timepeel machine, any idea if the filter can be washed/sterilised and reuse or any DIY idea, can't help thinking even though I hv extra filters.
Also what do you use as substitute when the tonic and tonic pad that comes with it runs out?
TIA!
anngel

Wed May 05, 2010 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
My thought on Timepeel, one week after first using it, it is a very efficient exfoliation tool.
I've always used microfibre cloth in the past and find that there's something to exfoliate evryday(on my face), with the Timepeel, well it's been a week and my face have not felt like it needs exfoliation. Needless to say I'm thrilled.
Lulie

Fri May 07, 2010 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi All. This is my first time posting although I have been reading for many months. Does anyone know where I can get the Timepeel machine in Canada? I do not feel like dealing with customs when ordering from USA. Thanks
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Does everyone use the lotion that comes with the Timepeel?? I would love to skip it and just jump in with a good serum!

Bought mine this week from Nanci and had my first go at it literally minutes after delivery! I was far too cautious but still my skin felt wonderfully smooth afterwards. The bumps on my nose appeared swollen later (and red, of course). They aren't whiteheads - they feel more like the milia on my cheeks.

Anybody notice their facial hair was lessened?
I had that fine blond hair on my cheeks that glows in the sunlight. Not the glow I was looking for....but now it's gone!

It is so-o-o tempting not to wait a full week for the second time use! I'm very happy with the purchase and couldn't be happier with Nanci!
lucretia_zen
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, I know this thread hasn't been very busy of late, I'm hoping you're all still out there though......
I'm interested in purchasing a microdermabraision machine, probably the Timepeel.
I have Keratosis Pilaris on my arms and I believe it might be starting to form on my chest, but am not sure? However, I definitely have sun damage on my chest which I would really like to treat.

I was just wondering if anyone is still using and seeing results from their microdermabraision machine? Also I would be interested to hear of any opinions if this would be the right thing that might assist me with the sun damage on my chest?
Thanks everyone.

Female, 37, brunette, Fair/medium Skin. European background. Combination skin, that becomes sensitive & reactive when emotionaly & physically stressed & also reacts terribly to heat and wind. Plant your own garden, decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to send you flowers. Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:47 am      Reply with quote
lucretia_zen wrote:
Hi all, I know this thread hasn't been very busy of late, I'm hoping you're all still out there though......
I'm interested in purchasing a microdermabraision machine, probably the Timepeel.
I have Keratosis Pilaris on my arms and I believe it might be starting to form on my chest, but am not sure? However, I definitely have sun damage on my chest which I would really like to treat.

I was just wondering if anyone is still using and seeing results from their microdermabraision machine? Also I would be interested to hear of any opinions if this would be the right thing that might assist me with the sun damage on my chest?
Thanks everyone.

I'm still using the Timepeel - about once a month. I'm still amazed with what comes off my skin when I use it.

Don't know about it helping sun damage though. To treat sun damage I think you need something more invasive such as a laser treatment.

I have extremely bad sun damage on my chest and it was covered in Solar Keratosis (is that similar to Keratosis Pilaris?) I've had good results from treating those with a High Frequency Device - but sun damage is usually buried deep in the skin and is very difficult to get rid of without something invasive.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu and thanks for your reply to my questions. Smile

No Solar Keratosis is not similar to Keratosis Pilaris. I am wondering though, if you might clarify for me how the microdermabraision machine is different from a microdermabraision cream? Possibly in the end could they achieve the same sort of results?

Female, 37, brunette, Fair/medium Skin. European background. Combination skin, that becomes sensitive & reactive when emotionaly & physically stressed & also reacts terribly to heat and wind. Plant your own garden, decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to send you flowers. Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:11 am      Reply with quote
lucretia_zen wrote:
No Solar Keratosis is not similar to Keratosis Pilaris. I am wondering though, if you might clarify for me how the microdermabraision machine is different from a microdermabraision cream? Possibly in the end could they achieve the same sort of results?

Microdermabrasion cream is usually a cream that contains fine particles that abrade the skin. The machine uses a diamond head that also abrades the skin with the use of suction. In my experience, the machine is more intensive.

I suggest you go and have a professional microdermabrasion treatment at a salon and see what you think.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again Keliu, I think that's probably a very good idea, before I splash out any money on an expensive gadget. Will Do. Smile

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished reading every page here. The point that using crystal powder can get in your eyes is not good and I can see it would be difficult if you are doing it on your own.

TimePeel is very pricey and I just discovered NuBrilliance. I guess I won't look into Crystalift anymore.

I use Clarisonic on daily basis, which does a deep clean and help vitamin C penetrate better. My arms, feet & hands, chest need some extra help and I think this is worth the investment. Technology improved so much over the years that a home device should be just as good as a spa treatment, even if it means to use it more frequently at home to achieve the same level of treatment.

I really enjoyed reading all the pages.
JanisMilton

Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for posting these details about your microdermabrasion treatment. I am planning to get it done in a cosmetic surgery clinic called McLean in Toronto. Will that be a painful treatment? My cousin who did a similar one told that it is so painful. Is that so? I am hoping for a good result from it. It is an effective method right?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:04 am      Reply with quote
JanisMilton wrote:
Will that be a painful treatment? My cousin who did a similar one told that it is so painful. Is that so?

Painful? How so?
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I used to get prof. microderms. Mine were never "painful". However, depending on how aggressive the esty or doc was, it was uncomfortable at times. No big deal though. Smile

Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Hydra-Gel Eye Patches (60 patches) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12) Osmotics Cream Extreme Intensive Repair (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |