Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

teeth whitening products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2011 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm is drinking from plastic straws really that hazardous? It never really occurred to me until now =/
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2011 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Something interesting about Love That White Smile... I know a couple of people have had problems with it slipping off the toothbrush (I use a dry toothbrush and have never had this problem) but someone Facebooked me to tell me they couldn't get it to stay on the brush either. So Dr. Shainhouse said to apply directly to the teeth. Just make a snarl and use a half pump of Foam #1 and a half pump of Foam #2. I just tried it and it works brilliantly! (You could use a whole pump if you prefer but I find this makes too much foam.) xox

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2011 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I apply Foam #1 - one pump on the toothbrush and apply to the facial aspect (outsides) of the teeth (with my teeth in smile/snarl position Smile )and do the same with Foam #2. And then I'm ready to brush.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2011 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Smile that sounds good too, Sis Smile

5% products discount

Tue May 24, 2011 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I just gotta say that Love that White Smile is freaking amazing! I just started using it and it really works.
I squirt both pumps directly onto the front teeth area not onto the toothbrush.
The only drawback is that I may be allergic to the ingredients as I had some kind of reaction in the areas where the product touched the skin on my chin area. I was going to return the product but I don't want to until I am totally certain that LTWS is the culprit. It is possible that the dermatitis is from a new lip gloss I have been using. I hope it isn't LTWS because I really love it!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Petunia...wouldn't the LTWS cause mouth irritation as well if you were sensitive to it? I actually don't know the answer to that, but it does seem strange. I hope it goes away for you Smile

5% products discount

Tue May 24, 2011 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
My inside of my mouth is fine--no problem there. I know that people get perioral dermatitis from toothpaste and this is what I have but I don't know if it is from LTWS.
I did a skin patch test with LTWS on the inside of my elbow and didn't have a reaction so that is a good sign. Also a good sign is that I haven't had a problem since I started being very careful to wipe the foam residue off of my chin and around my lips. I am thinking it may be a dye in the new lip gloss I have been wearing--did a patch test on that too and the skin seemed to get a bit red. I am so loving LTWS. I got it at Target. It is really great because it doesn't irritate my gums or teeth but still whitens amazingly well.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it's pretty good stuff. I get a lot of compliments. I used to go through such misery with shooting pains with other whiteners - most of them after the procedure, which I could never figure out.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Once you have whitened your teeth, take care in your selection of food and drink. Use baking soda to brush your teeth instead of regular toothpaste. Baking soda makes an effective natural method in whitening your teeth. To avoid irritating your gums, brush your teeth very gently whenever you use baking soda.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
There is also an alternative method that actually works for whitening, odd as it may sound!

Mix a bit of peroxide with a mashed strawberry or 2 and brush away, it really does whiten your teeth and it is cheap! Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Sad I wish I could have nice teeth. I have a lot of enamel damage because of problems as a child. The only thing the dentist will offer me is to have veneers. Veneers arent so popular here in the UK, and I can't afford them. I also don't think I could live with the fear of the veneers falling off, and knowing that underneith I have a peg shaped tooth.

Please PLEASE everyone be wary of the teeth whitening products you use, if they damage the enamel you will not have anything left to whiten.

Is anyone in the same boat as me? My dentist isn't exactly supportive, and my teeth really make me depressed. I would just like to have them a few shades whiter, and I have a lot of stains and marks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Before I rush out and buy something else I don't need.... can someone convince me that this is different than just swishing with peroxide and not rinsing!

Quote:

Is anyone in the same boat as me? My dentist isn't exactly supportive, and my teeth really make me depressed. I would just like to have them a few shades whiter, and I have a lot of stains and marks.

You know Draculina, I also have enamel issues from a deep cleaning that the dentist insisted i needed... ruined my teeth, i don't know why i let her do it as i had no problems with gums or anything before (or after) that day... but now my enamel is in poor condition.

Have you looked into Neem toothbrushes (they are also called miswak or siwak in Arabic). you can probably get them at an indian or middle eastern shop or any islamic store online. They are supposed to help remineralize the enamel and I love mine. I also use Listerine total care (says 6 benefits in 1), its flouride based and you dont rinse so the flouride can help remineralize the enamel as well.

If you can work on your enamel, then you may be in the market for subtle and gentle whitening.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if this has been posted here but a natural teeth whitening method (and overall oral health) is Oil Pulling. I was just reading about it over in the Oil Pulling thread and apparently it works wonders for teeth whitening among many other benefits including nice skin. I just started pulling last night and my teeth did feel very clean afterwards...didn't wake up with morning breath either.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
tiffanychantel

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm trying to find the thread for oil pulling here at EDS, and I'm coming up empty. Do you have a link?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
tiffanychantel wrote:
I'm trying to find the thread for oil pulling here at EDS, and I'm coming up empty. Do you have a link?

Probably because it is called Glowy Dewy Skin? Laughing

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23279

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:40 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
tiffanychantel wrote:

HTH

Indeed it is...sorry for not pointing that out Confused Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:42 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
tiffanychantel wrote:

HTH

Indeed it is...sorry for not pointing that out Confused Laughing

No problem bren, I just happened to be here and knew the thread! Very Happy

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:21 am      Reply with quote
well, i think there are two ways, fast and slow.

The fast one is the laser. This is an expensive procedure but the results can be seen quickly.

The slow one are the different teeth whitening products that are available in the market. There are several Teeth Whitening Reviews that you can read if you want to know more about what type of product you are going with as there are so many you dont even know how to chose.

For me, personally I prefer the laser if you have the money. It is worth it as the results can be seen quickly. The slow ones, although effective, can be really frustrating at times, especially when the results you are looking for are not visible right away.

I also have tried the crest white strips, the first time i tried it i had difficulty positioning it and it kept on coming off. Good thing they fixed this as the strip now only comes off when it is done "whitening" your teeth. Pretty good results but you wont notice it right away.
Sarah4143

Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Teeth whitening kits. Just wanted to write and say that I'm VERY satisfied with my purchase.
madishonluke

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:38 am      Reply with quote
I had gone through the thread. The products displayed in the site are very useful to many of us like me. My teeth is in yellowish colour. I would like to take the laser teeth whitening treatment. Is the best treatment or not ? Can any one please provide the more information regarding this treatment and also about the price and usage details of these teeth whitening products.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I just found this great budget teeth bleaching You Tube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDWngW_USIw
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hydrogen Peroxide should be used with caution because it creates sensitivity to your teeth, more so on the enamel.... A little bit of Baking soda mixed with your favorite toothpaste is a better option to whiten your teeth and safer on your enamel. Do this every now and then to maintain your teeth... Once enamel of your teeth is damaged from using too much of Hydrogen Peroxide, there is no turning back and your teeth will be sensitive, whatever you eat.... Limiting coffee and dark-colored tea is also a way not to stain your teeth, but if you are a coffee drinker or a tea drinker, best way is to gargle/rinse your mouth after drinking your favorite drink....

gretchen wrote:
I just found this great budget teeth bleaching You Tube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDWngW_USIw
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I keep hearing commercials for Power Swabs. Sounds like little toothbrushes with some sort of detergent to clean teeth. Takes stains off of veneers and bonding as well, supposedly.

I just started Crest Vivid Advanced Seal (I think that's what it's called). They really stick to my teeth to the point that I am afraid I will lift off the bonding on two teeth. So I cut the strip with a gap leaving out those teeth. It would be a very expensive repair. Unless someone can tell me their bonding was fine.
lanasfreckles

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Crest 3D White Whitestrips Professional Effects which comes in a 20 day supply. You'd leave the strips on for 30 mins a day.

I was actually quite surprised to see that it worked well. I didn't even finish the box since I wanted to save some for special occasions because the whitening effects can actually be seen after a few uses.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Vitamin C Lactic 15% Vitamin C Firm & Bright Serum (30 ml / 1.0 floz) Jan Marini Regeneration Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |