Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Cured my Insomnia with Lazarus CBD Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
So I have been having insomnia for a little while and noticed my skin was terrible. I would lay in bed until 3 am and be unable to sleep. I tried Nyquil ZZZ which worked in the past, but no effect this time. I hesitate to try melatonin as i read that it can cause the body to produce less melatonin and make insomnia worst in the long run. The women in my family seem to have insomnia. I have not had serious insomnia since a period in college and a short period when i was studying to take the bar exam.

My sister has been taking CBD oil to help with her insomnia and suggested I do the same. She has tried quite a few companies but liked the pricing and ethics of Lazarus Naturals. I read some reviews on reddit and they were listed as one of the reliable CBD companies. I went ahead and used the reddit coupon and purchased the smallest bottle of the full spectrum tincture. Full spectrum variety is for sleep and the isolate is for anxiety.

I have been taking the CBD and wow, it really works. Maybe too well. I have been sleeping within an hour of taking the tincture and sleeping from 8 to 11 hours. It is crazy. I will try an cut the dosage to half, but i am so pleased. My skin looks great, as it was looking terrible, pores were magnified without enough sleep.

I consider this a beauty product as sleep is needed.

Just be careful with CBD because I guess it can cause some drug tests to be positive. I read a little about it, but the substance doesn't always show up in all testing and is limited by law to a certain percentage. Sorry, I don't know all the ins and outs of CBD. I just recently learned it is not the same as hemp oil. Whatever CBD oil you choose, make sure it is a reputable source. Healthline has a list of companies considered good.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I have ridiculous insomnia. Is the tincture you recommend straight CBD or is it a percentage THC?
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
CBD seemed to work for me..... for about a month and then didn't work as well. For many drugs your body gets used to the effects and doesn't work anymore. Generally one should cycle these chemicals in and out so the body doesn't get too used to it. I found 5Htp also does the same thing. It works for a couple of weeks then trails off in effectivness.

I've even found that Yoga Nidra, a form of relaxation meditation, will be ineffective after a few weeks because the brain and body are always trying to sustain it's natural equilibrium. This means the body adjusts to drugs or even the natural release of feel good endorphins from our brain. One needs to change everything up every few weeks. It's frustrating but it's the reality of how our bodies work.
Artsygirl

Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:

I have been taking the CBD and wow, it really works. Maybe too well. I have been sleeping within an hour of taking the tincture and sleeping from 8 to 11 hours. It is crazy. I will try an cut the dosage to half, but i am so pleased. My skin looks great, as it was looking terrible, pores were magnified without enough sleep.

I consider this a beauty product as sleep is needed.

I have done lots of research on CBD and cannabinoids. The think in a broad or full spectrum version the one that helps with sleep is CBN. There is also CBG and CBD and other goodies in it. I get my CBD from a US lab. Wholesale pricing, I reached out to many one day and received pricing from them all and I am just a little small business so do reach out to them! I use it in my skin products sometimes and make pain balms with it in there. It is very inexpensive if you get it from one of the labs yourself and a little learning curve to infuse it into CMT for tinctures...and I put it in honey from my hives. You need to do math to get the amounts right. I used to use Lazerus before making it for myself. Great company!
Best,
Michele
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |