Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I used Tretinoin gel and started losing hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Some of these stories sound like hypothyroidism or menopause, since lack of those hormones cause hairloss. I suggest getting all of your hormone levels tested.

Try using minoxidil topically to regrow hair as well as taking Viviscal tablets (I get mine in a monthly subscription) and also take extra Biotin from Trader Joe's. I am post menopausal and use the Minivelle estradiol patch and ProGest cream.

However my skin looks yellowish to me. Someone said "tawny." I was thinking my sunscreen wasn't good and there were a few times when I didn't use it which is bad.

I am thinking of getting my liver and Vitamin A blood levels tested to be sure. Bilirubin levels that are high can cause yellow skin and my test showed it was slightly high but my doc didn't remark on it. 1.2 is normal and mine was 1.4. I've been taking more milk thistle to support my liver.
epmarshall
5% products discount

Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Some of these stories sound like hypothyroidism or menopause, since lack of those hormones cause hairloss. I suggest getting all of your hormone levels tested.

For what it's worth I was thinking the same thing Softskin said. Sounds like thyroid problems or some sort of hormonal issue.

When I first started using retinol, I experienced the opposite. I grew an extra layer of eyelashes and noticed my eyebrows were very slightly thicker. I attributed it to the retinol, but it could also have been a cumulative effect from all the other antioxidant products I was using. I recently replaced my retinol with Retin-A and it seems to be going well. Just my experience, though, and I'm sure there are some people who have negative experiences with Retin-A.
mpatters65

Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
After reading this thread I am sufficiently scared. I am 51, and taking prescription tretinoin Renova .02%. I have been on it for a week. I am not experiencing any hair loss yet, but it seems that the hair loss began after months of use based on the comments.

I have naturally curly hair that is kind of a big part of my identity. People always comment on my ringlets. If it thins or falls out, I'm going to be so bummed out! I was just beginning to show wrinkles from sun damage below my eyes on my checks, and around my mouth.

I have noticed my skin changing already from the Renova. It is not irritating my skin at all, but I am noticing the wrinkles more. I read this happens at first as the old layer of skin dries out and sheds.

I had to pay out of pocket $299, so if this causes my hair to fall out, I'm going to feel like I fell for the biggest anti-aging scam out there. Among the medical profession, if you do an online search, they all seem to be saying that tretinoin does not cause hair loss, but on this site and a few others, people are saying that their hair is falling out using retinol products.

what about Renova? Is anyone using it and experiencing hair loss?
rishi.wip@gmail.com

Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
HI Guys,

I have lost lots of hair in last 45 days after using Tretinoin for 2-3 weeks continuously.

I am so depressed, I have stopped using it for now. I am regularly using Mynoxidil though.

Can my hair grow back ? Pls advice.

Regards,
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear that.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Yes your hair can and will grow back provided there isn't any damage to the follicle itself. Monoxodil is great and will work but needs to be used consistently. Also get your general health checked out to ensure there isn't any hormonal or thyroid issues as these contribute massively.
rishi.wip@gmail.com wrote:
HI Guys,

I have lost lots of hair in last 45 days after using Tretinoin for 2-3 weeks continuously.

I am so depressed, I have stopped using it for now. I am regularly using Mynoxidil though.

Can my hair grow back ? Pls advice.

Regards,
bjkillen

Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
Im adding this in case anyone else is searching... I had massive hair loss from using tretinoin for just over a month. I know it was the tretinoin because I had extensive blood work during that time that checked EVERYTHING. Hormones, thyroid, nutrition and toxins. There was nothing that could cause hair loss. It started one week after I started .025 Tretinoin and increased as I continued. It slowed down a couple of weeks after I stopped but isnt normal yet (4 weeks after stopping). I also lost eyebrows but weirdly,the peach fuzz on my face increased. The hair loss was all over but especially on the sides (sideburns lol). Maybe just shows more there because Ive never had thick hair there. My skin looked great which makes it worse. This happened one other time when I tried OTC retinoids. I guess the choice is great skin or having hair.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Back during my time of using Accutane 35 plus years ago, I did have hair loss from it.
It stopped once my course of treatment was over.
Now that I'm older, I do have a bit of thinning and loss on the crown area, which is normal for my family hair patterns.
I use topical minoxidil (which doesn't work great but does work a little after 6 months) but now am taking it orally. I have a bit of the initial shedding so we shall see how it ends up as it is too soon to tell.
I stopped Retin-A due to the broken caps it was causing, which my derm said can happen.

Thu May 16, 2024 8:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Vie Collection Mela White Radiance Brightening Essence (150 ml / 5 floz) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |