Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's in your makeup kit?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shubbee

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
A lot o junk. Umm....A lot! Hmm... A lot of revitalash mascara, revitabrow and eyelash conditioner. That's basically it. The brands I can't live without.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
The one I carry around everywhere? For touchups: my blush, eyeshadows and lipstick of the day, and mascara. Blotting paper. That's about it.

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have Loose powder only.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:53 am      Reply with quote
Cover girl lip stain, loose powder, MAC concealer, and Full n Soft mascara. And lots of old eyeshadow I should throw out!
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:44 am      Reply with quote
my favourite blush Indian Soleil from Lāncome, my blush brush, my concealer (laura mercier or mary kay), a pink gloss, a lip moisturizer, a 6h lip gloss from lāncome, black and white pencil and two eye shadows.
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:46 am      Reply with quote
sorry, i meant the 6h lip gloss from loreal. 102 always pink is very natural and wearable during work
miss mei
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I have thousands of dollars worth of makeup and that's really embarrassing! I wish I had guidance before splurging but I guess I have learnt a lot from it.

The must haves are a good mineral make up (I use Nude by Nature and LOVE the coverage and staying power), a red lipstick, blush and eyeliner. Viola! A classy, timeless look.

I have tonnes of eyeshadow but would buy palettes if I had my time again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Makeup bag in purse - lip products. Lipstick, an organic chapstick, lipliner. Plumper. Also floss and a toothbrush.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 10:35 am      Reply with quote
In my makeup bag, well, it depends on where I am going. For everyday, non-committed appointments, I have sunscreen, concealor, blush, pressed powder, lip pencil & lipgloss.

For work, add my makeup palette and eye liner.
pinkpaperdoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 8:24 am      Reply with quote
cheek blush, lipstick and gloss, eye liner and mac pressed powder, covergirl lashblast mascara, make up palette Smile
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 11:23 am      Reply with quote
my staples are benefit dandelion blush, mac feline kohl, mac blot powder, and mascara which i forget the name of, and vaseline rose lip balm...also sometimes cheek tint

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
MidnightSunBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I keep some face powder and gloss with a toothbrush and paste.

I buy my foundation from the conservatorie. I buy Loreal mascara or cover girl (fat orange tube). Also I mix most of my shadows and blush. I buy pigment samples form TKB Trading (found this forum and ESD by googling pearl powder and my life changed forever).

I have blue eyes so I buy brown, gold and peach/orange and copper shades. I have so much fun mixing. I keep my powders in a container I get from the craft store for beads. 6 stacks of six fit nicely into a plastic carry case.

I have soooo much..... I give it away as gifts. I also make my own gloss. Lip balm base with mica and poured into a lip balm container. Not fancy but practical.

Looks are deceiving. I make luxurious lip balm with lanolin, bee's wax, hemp seed oil and rosehip oil enriched with liplump and rose flavor oil and some mica for color. Fabulous!

I give the shadow and blush away as gifts in clear sifters packaged in a silk pink drawstring bag.

There is only so much blush and shadow one girl can use. I

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I have in my makeup bag:

Lorac Breakthrough Performance Foundation SPF 14
Lorac Concealer
Nars Cream Blush Compact
Lip Fusion XL
Lip Fusion Bling Fusion
DiorShow Mascara
Colorescience Suforgettable SPF 30 Mineral Powder Brush
Thierry Mugler Angel Eau De Parfum Spray
Thierry Mugler Angel Hand Cream

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
The cosmetic bag I have at work is kept in the ladies washroom cabinet.

tampons
toothbrush
floss
toothpaste
assorted lipsticks (at least three)
mineral concealer in a small pot
lip/concealer brush for concealing (has a cap
blotting papers
tube of Clinique yellow DDML
pressed powder (currently Physican formula mineral)
nail polish
one eye pencil
hair elastics
(probably some other things I am forgetting!)

I wear mineral makeup so my foundation, loose finishing powders, blush and eye shadows are at home. As well as more lipsticks and mascara.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
lip pumper,eye shadow,sunscreen,eyelash and so on
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Never gave much thought my portable makeup kit.

I have a Lancome eye shadow compact (shadow almost unused) that I carry around for the mirror, and just throw in lipstick of the day.

My eye makeup stays on throughout the day: Dr. Hauschka eyeliner + mineral eye shadow on top.

Used to carry around hand cream but almost never used it, so I stopped.

I'm not weird, just work at home.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
My cosmetic bag has three kinds of lipsticks, two lipliners, one Lancome eye concealer that I actually use for my lips to give it volume (you put a bit at the bulky part of your lower lip at the center and then your lipstick), two MAC waterliners, a Clarins blush, a little perfume.
rhea
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 8:45 am      Reply with quote
In my makeup bag, blush and eye liner is necessary, they will make me look energetic
dilemmas
5% products discount

Tue May 11, 2010 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Benefit dr. feelgood
some kind-a gorgeous
dandelion
Kiss me mascara
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2010 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
A lipstick,two lipglosses,a lip pencil,two roll on perfumes,sunscreen,a mini hairspray,concealer,a brow marker,nail glue,a tampon,a mini two sided mirror and oil blotters.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2010 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Which one? My purse contains Buxom lips, eyebrow pencil, lipstick and a Stila eyeshadow/liner pencil. I can't even begin to describe other makeup bag. It's more like luggage. I guess it's time for spring cleaning.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Usually alcohol wipes for cleaning stuff and sunglasses (the nose pads get dirty).

Organic lip balm, random lip gloss.
hair elastic
gum

I do not usually bother to take makeup with me, maybe I should.
Random perfume samples (have maybe a shoebox full of samples....(i do give them to friends though).
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Revlon ColorStay Buff Normal to Oily
Revlon ColorStay Buff Normal to Dry
Revlon Photofinish Vanilla
Laura Mercier Primer
Laura Mercier Transculent powder
Coty Airspun Translucent
Coty Airspun Naturally Neutral
Max Factor Erase
L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara
L'oreal Le Kohl eyeliner black sable
Sonia Kashuk eyelash curler
Sonia Kashuk powder, blush, eyeshadow and crease brush
Milani eyebrow kit
NYC Sunny bronzer
L'oreal Glam Bronze Enchanting Sunrise
Cover Girl Cheekers Golden Pink
Aziza Highlighter

various blushes and eyeshadows

Next purchases:
Chanel Joues Contraste blush in Narcisse, Mocha, & Brume d'Or

Elf HD powder
talihahendrick
5% products discount

Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like you've found your holy grail products! Revitalash mascara, Revitabrow, and eyelash conditioner are clearly staples in your routine, keeping your lashes and brows in top shape. il makiage reviews also highlight some incredible beauty products that people swear by. It's always great to have those go-to brands that you can't live without!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC Crease Ease Emulsion (50 ml) Laboratoire Dr Renaud ExCellience CellClock Cellular Youth Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Osmotics Cream Extreme Intensive Repair (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |