Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

RAVE!! Skin Actives Sea kelp Bioferment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

Mark the custom's form as "gift" with $0.00 value (or a minimum of $10 value) to ensure nobody gets charged customs duties.

Being from Canada, and having had customs open a lot of my packages in the past, I have to second this, however, please fill in a value, no more than $15USD. Leaving it at $0 may raise customs suspicion more than listing a small value. Also when declaring package contents, "face cream" or "lotion" usually raises the least suspicion from what I've heard.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:
carekate wrote:

Mark the custom's form as "gift" with $0.00 value (or a minimum of $10 value) to ensure nobody gets charged customs duties.
Also when declaring package contents, "face cream" or "lotion" usually raises the least suspicion from what I've heard.
Agreed. Do NOT list "sea kelp bioferment" on the customs declaration!!! You'll just end up with a lot of headaches. Instead, list it generically as Jaimmie stated, or say "hair conditioner" or "homemade body lotion" -- I mean, it's partially true, cuz that's what most of us are going to use it for, right?!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I noticed aries mentionned 4 lbs for international shipping-I guess Canada is considered quasi-internationl. How much is 4 libs in kilos...o.k. 1 kilo is = how many lbs? I hate metric & I've been living with it for 30 years. Embarassed
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
1 kilo is = how many lbs?
Rounded up, 1-kg = 2-lbs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I noticed aries mentionned 4 lbs for international shipping-I guess Canada is considered quasi-internationl. How much is 4 libs in kilos...o.k. 1 kilo is = how many lbs? I hate metric & I've been living with it for 30 years. Embarassed

1 kg is 2.2 pounds.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

This website is very easy to use.
http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/ounces-to-kilograms.htm
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Just to update you girls. I got a sales order confirmation no. from the company, so it should be shipped shortly to me Very Happy . I'll work out the numbers as soon as I'm charged for the items+shipping. That way I can start taking payments. I requested a price list sheet from them. I'm going to see if I can start ordering other items to make readily available to everyone instead of just the sea kelp at a more reasonable price.

Julie

P.S. Sorry I didn't respond to anyone's PM yesterday am fighting a cold for the past few days and it won yesterday. Will be in the office for a few this morning and going home. I do get emails via my blackberry, but won't be checking nor responding too much til monday. Have a great weekend everyone!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Patience will be tested it seems The ship date isn't until 1/18/06 as I checked my sales invoice. They did warn me about the 2 weeks lead time and they weren't kidding. It seems as though my initial 40 kgs will go fast. Still taking names and such and will put in other orders if need be. Thanks for everyones patience on this. First time doing something of this nature and a bit overwhelmed is all. I'm really happy though that we can all get in on this, cannot believe I was about to purchase this at retail!! Laughing Thanks for the lead!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
Patience will be tested it seems The ship date isn't until 1/18/06 as I checked my sales invoice. They did warn me about the 2 weeks lead time and they weren't kidding. It seems as though my initial 40 kgs will go fast. Still taking names and such and will put in other orders if need be. Thanks for everyones patience on this. First time doing something of this nature and a bit overwhelmed is all. I'm really happy though that we can all get in on this, cannot believe I was about to purchase this at retail!! Laughing Thanks for the lead!

Aries - what exactly did they ask for as "proof" that you were a company rather than an individual? I'm wondering if once I get "CareKate LLC" set up, if I'll be able to order stuff like this directly from the manufacturer/distributor...?

TIA!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Not much really. I contacted them through my company's email and just gave them name, address and contact information (which was all in the email anyhow). My FedEx or UPS company acct # and my FEIN #. When the order was made, fax them the order sheet with PO on company letterhead etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
doba wrote:

I am going to use it mostly for my hair. I also plan to mix it with face, eye, neck, hand and body creams.
I love Creme de La Mer, and the Sea Kelp is the main ingredient of this cream. So, I really hope that I will love this Sea Kelp.

Sorry for a late arrival but really, how does one use the seakelp? After Katee's rave, I bought a small jar to add to my shampoo but my plans have now changed (I won't say anymore on this...yet) and I have a small jar of the seakelp. It smells awful. What can I use it for? I don't really have a moisturizer these days except for occasionally using Dr. Hauschka quince day cream. I use evening oil of primrose in the morning and nothing at night. Help...
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Really? My seakelp dosen't smell like mush of anything except..well...seakelp Embarassed Then again I love the smell of amine dmae & don't see the big deal about skunk smell either Embarassed

Right now I just add equal amounts 'poo & kelp & like the results. By results I mean my hair comes out looking nice..not coated or anything. I've only used it twice so far so wait & see what happens.

I would try again & use it-between this & Carrie's serum, I'm planning on serious hair by this summer Pray
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Marina. To me it smells like dried fish... I like fish but perhaps not first thing in the morning!
So, besides shampoo, is there any other easy (I mean involving a max. of 3 steps and/or ingredients)to use it for? What about this famous Creme de la Mer? Can I mix an equal part of seakelp with Canvas cream to create CDLM? Is there any benefit in using it in the bath? I'm asking because I don't understand what you all are going to do with several kilos of it, except wash your hair for the next decade or so...

Puzzled catxxxx hmm
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
You can read the SAS's Sea Kelp discussion. I find it very usefull.
http://skinactives.com/forum.htm
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Sea Kelp Bio. for a year, now. It is the base for my DIY shampoo as well as both cleansers - daily & with salicylic acid, which I also use as a spot treatment for occasional breakouts. The odor is so faint as to be non-existent to me.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to tell you. You can find them under: 1. Other Recipes and Suggestions - Sea Kelp & flaking - cracked it!!
2. For the hair - Sea Kelp Hair Tips
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
oh, thanks doba and Arielle. Adding 1 scoop with something else is at the limit of my DIYing! So, if anybody else has further simple solutions (not hair related), please keep them coming.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
yeah - I got a jar from Skinactives and have been mixing it with my hair serum and it works great. The serum isn't as "oily" and my hair looks and feels "thick" and healthy.

FYI - I washed my hair Sunday night and have used Carekate's dry shampoo and the sea kelp w/serum every day. I was going to wash this morning but my hair still feels 'full'.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using seakelp on my skin for months now and love it. I mix it with whipped shea butter. I add about 1 tbsp to 1 oz. of the shea butter then add a few drops of emu oil and a drop or two of rosehip oil. Sea kelp alone is too drying for me, so this gives my skin the moisture I need without being too greasy.
Last night, I used the seakelp on my hair for the lst time. I have very long thick hair, but over the last year my hair has been thinning and very flat (I'm 51)
I mixed about a tbsp. of seakelp with my conditioner and added a couple of drops of rosehip oil and applied to damp hair. I put on a shower cap and left it on all night. I cannot believe my hair today! It's actually full. I didn't expect results after only one application, but I'm impressed. I also added about 2 oz to 1 litre bottle of shampoo. My hair hasn't looked this good in quite a while. My husband even commented today about how nice my hair looks. It's actually bouncy! For me, this a definitely a keeper.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
yeah - I got a jar from Skinactives and have been mixing it with my hair serum and it works great. The serum isn't as "oily" and my hair looks and feels "thick" and healthy.

FYI - I washed my hair Sunday night and have used Carekate's dry shampoo and the sea kelp w/serum every day. I was going to wash this morning but my hair still feels 'full'.

Which hair serum are we talking about here?Waiting with bated breath....
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for an update Arie. I'm glad you were able to get this.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Rjez wrote:

Which hair serum are we talking about here?Waiting with bated breath....

Maybe shes talking about a sas mixture, they've come up with, you can find it on their site, they seem to be having pretty good results.

Ok stupid question of the day....I hate this stuff on my face, truely balls up everything, so would the same be said of the hair, or no?
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I know a number of folks (me, included) who love the sea kelp as a styling gel. Just work a very small bit through damp hair and style as usual. Bounce & body, oh boy!

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="marina

Which hair serum are we talking about here?Waiting with bated breath....[/quote]

Nothing special. I typically use two different hair serums - Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil Serum or another one that I can't remember the name (dammit!). Anyway, I am truly shocked how great sea kelp is for my hair. I still can't understand why it doesn't weigh down my super fine hair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I also have had great luck with this. My hair is baby fine and now thinning. I wash my hair and then use any conditioner with a little less than a T of sea kelp bioferment. My hair has been loving it: looks fuller and less flat. I was afraid I could not keep this up but with aries new source it should be fine.

P.S. My hair is not stiff or sticky, it looks good.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Hydra-Gel Eye Patches (60 patches)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |