Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

RAVE!! Skin Actives Sea kelp Bioferment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am getting everyone's payments and emails promptly and jotting them down, so no need to post that payment was sent as I don't want to bog down this thread..as if I haven't already Laughing

Will be shipping those out first thing tomorrow girls...boy am I gonna be up late Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
So, how are we supposed to store the stuff??? Room temp? cold temp? heeelp!
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Me too! And how much goes in what?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Sea Kelp Bioferment for about 14 months. It is "self-preserving" as long as you don't put anything in it or stick dirty fingers in it. It has a shelf life of about 2 years. You should use your order well before that, anyway.

As to how much to use, it depends on the volume of "potion or lotion" you're making. If you are planning to use it as a base for anything, a good rule of thumb is 30-50% Sea Kelp Bio to 70-50% (that looks funny but you know what I mean) cream or Aloe Vera Gel. Make only small batches (1 to 2 oz.) at first until you get your recipe down pat. If adding to shampoo, Use 1-2 Tablespoons to 8oz. of shampoo. Anymore than that and you're wasting a powerful nutrient.

Hope this helps.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Arielle, I didn't want to waste this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome. You are going to love this stuff!

I need to clarify my answer just a bit. If you keep your shipment of SKB pure and only take out what you need when you need it, the original container can be stored at room temp (70-75F) away from heat and sunlight. A nice dark drawer or shelf in your closet should be fine.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
As far as adding it to shampoo/conditioner some are using a 1:1 ratio, but you say to only use 1-2 tablespoon per 8 oz?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
First batches went out last night. If I received your payment before yesterday 7 central time(Chicago) please look for your shipment to arrive Friday or Sat. (domestically)

You should have seen me lug over 25 boxes to the post office last night Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
As far as adding it to shampoo/conditioner some are using a 1:1 ratio, but you say to only use 1-2 tablespoon per 8 oz?

I make my own shampoo with the SKB and use 50% Sea Kelp/50% Aloe Vera Gel as the base as I have major thinning issues. SKB really is a powerful nutrient and, in my humble opinion, a 1:1 ratio is a waste if you don't have severe issues that need a lot of nutrient supplementation. After all, we've been pretty much "trained" to think more-is-better, which "ain't necessarily so". But it all goes to personal preference.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:

I make my own shampoo with the SKB and use 50% Sea Kelp/50% Aloe Vera Gel as the base as I have major thinning issues. SKB really is a powerful nutrient and, in my humble opinion, a 1:1 ratio is a waste. After all, we've been pretty much "trained" to think more-is-better, which "ain't necessarily so". But it all goes to personal preference.

Ari

Ari,

Thanks. I may ration it down to about 1/4 sea kelp to 3/4 conditioner. The oat ingredient that was mentioned earlier has really caught my eye. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme, I also have serious thinning hair issues. Do you recommend putting the SKB in both shampoo and conditioner or just conditioner?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
salli, I'm not ariesextreme, but my thought is that it should be either or. A dab of SKB makes an awesome styling gel used on damp hair, though.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Arielle, I have never used the SKB. In addition to helping you hair to grow faster does it also add volume? Will you also get more volume using it as a styling product? Sorry if I sound a little lost.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Shall I swathe my husbands head in this stuff, Arielle? If I leave it on long enough, will he emerge with a head of hair like Victor Mature playing Samson?

Seriously though, thankyou to ariesextreme for going to all this trouble.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Salli, the SKB will give your hair a nice sheen, volume and bounce! It will tend you make your hair grow a bit faster.

Catski, unfortunately, no. At least not by itself. DH probably needs the KGF Hair Care Serum that rjez and I use to grow NEW hair (if I understood your question correctly). I'm also looking forward to Carrie's Hair Growth product that she's coming out with in March. Gonna give that one a go, too.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Sigh, yup, I'm one of those who probably adds too much sea kelp but it makes sense about practicing control. Think of vitamin C - any more than your body can use ... and it's flushed out.

My first foray into hair glory was mixing sea kelp with oscar blandi jasmine serum or loma pearatin serum and using as a leave-in gloss/gel. It gives great volume and others mix it with hair gel or even make their own hair spray.

Catski - you're funny ... Victor Mature. I want to be the female/Asian version of Mr. Mature!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
salli,

I have yet to use the SKB myself and this is my first time around. I'm not sure if I'd it to both the shampoo and conditioner. As others have said though it seems to make the hair a little thicker as it has tons of nutrients in it and also help with it growing faster.

Ari,

So it's okay to use a little dollop with a styling gel to get some sheen and volume?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Absolutely. You won't get shine like those gloss products but you'll get healthy looking volume and pure bounce. Personally, I think it works better as a styling gel by itself. But, I do know everyone's hair is different.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Absolutely. You won't get shine like those gloss products but you'll get healthy looking volume and pure bounce. Personally, I think it works better as a styling gel by itself. But, I do know everyone's hair is different.

Very interesting I may just try it as a gel alone, does it have enough hold though? When I was dispensing this it does seem as though it may have enough hold. I was very surprised at the texture of the SKB, I thought it was more watery, boy was I wrong.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
If by "hold" you mean is it as volumized and bouncy at the end of the day as at the beginning, yes. It's a natural hold. If wind-blown, it falls right back in place by just running your fingers or comb through it. But, it doesn't hold every hair ridgedly in place like hairspray and some styling gels.

Does that make any sense?

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Is this more the consistency of a gel or a serum?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
It's definitely a gel.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle, sounds like you know quite a bit about SKB. What can I possibly expect for my skin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it daily for about 14 months in just about everything. I make my own face cleansers and shampoo with it. It's my primary base for my "potions & lotions". I live in the south, so it's a must have for mosquito bites (takes the itch right out and reduces swelling and it's better for you than clear fingernail polish).

The only problem I ever had with it is that, if used alone, it will flake off. This is common. If you want to use it as a base for skincare be sure to "cut" it with Aloe Vera Gel or a cream like SAS's Canvas. Add it to an existing Day or Night Cream that you like.

There's so much you can do with it and the best part is your skin "recognizes" it and loves it. It's also non-comedogenic.

A direct answer to your question is that it's highly nutritive. So, your skin will look younger and firmer and healthier.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm! This could be love or at least something close. Better hair and younger skin, I could really get used to that. Seriously, this stuff sounds like a dream come true.

Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC Crease Ease Emulsion (50 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |