Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

RAVE!! Skin Actives Sea kelp Bioferment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Yeah. I'll start a new thread tonight with the more needful and popular actives and what they do. In the meantime, check out the last pages of the product listing that Julie posted. It gives the actives to use by skin issue.

Ari

p.s. Beta Glucan for modulating the immune response to skin allergies and rosacea. DermaPeptide for nutrition and firming of "mature" skin. Edelweiss Extract is the touted ingredient in Ice Element's new serum. It's smoothing with a light astringent action.

I just posted a start to this list in the DIY forum.

Ari

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so if I wanted to know what to use this stuff in, the list would go something like this?

*hair gel
*in moisturizer, storebought or DIY
*additive in cleansers
*add with surfectant for DIY cleanser
*in shampoo or conditioner, but not both

Does that sound about right?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
A great start. As time goes by, you'll find even more uses for it like shaving gel, etc.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow,

Really loving how versatile this stuff is. My hair will probably love me for not putting in so many chemical ingredients in it anymore if I opt to cut back on store bought haircare and try to use the SKB instead.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking the same thing. This is going to be fantastic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, yeah, really and truly versatile. We tend to forget the skin on the rest of our body. And we shouldn't! It makes a great body wash, too. Spread that nutrition allllllll over!

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Angyl wrote:
Ok, so if I wanted to know what to use this stuff in, the list would go something like this?

*hair gel
*in moisturizer, storebought or DIY
*additive in cleansers
*add with surfectant for DIY cleanser
*in shampoo or conditioner, but not both

Does that sound about right?

I use sea kelp bioferment:
* added to cleansing oils
* added to creams
* added to hair serum as leave-in
* mask (does dry to eggwhite consistency quickly)
* in shampoo
* rubbed in scalp and hair after shampoo.
* in body lotion

... the only thing I don't do is conditioner because it has a tendency to separate unless you do some extra steps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
OK, not trying to get off topic, but my DH is a manly man when it comes to "cosmetic" type stuff. How do I sneak this wonderous stuff into his stuff since it is supposed to have a little bit of a "smell"?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:

... the only thing I don't do is conditioner because it has a tendency to separate unless you do some extra steps.

Could you elaborate since I'll be adding it in my conditioner. If it breaks down would it be better for me to mix it every single with the conditioner per use rather than putting it with the conditioner in the bottle?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, it really doesn't. I've read where others say it does, but mine never has. I mean if you stick your nose down in the jar, there's a very slight smell. But, it's not a fishy smell. Mixed in with other stuff, it'll have no odor at all.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm gonna have to agree with Ari on the 'smell' or lack there of. When I opened up the pails something smelled, but I think it was more from the plastic pails. It doesn't have a certain smell to it, but it's definitely not fishy or really anything bad. I'm pretty certain once it's mixed in with other things you won't even know it's there.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
This just keeps getting better.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Oh, yeah, really and truly versatile. We tend to forget the skin on the rest of our body. And we shouldn't! It makes a great body wash, too. Spread that nutrition allllllll over!

Ari

Ari, do you add a surfectant to it? or just as is? And where do you guys get these surfectants.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Angyl, if you buy SKB from Skin Actives, they provide a kit containing 2 surfactants and 2 fragrances.

Since I got in on the group buy, I went out towww.theherbarie.com (one of my favorite suppliers) and ordered my fav surfactant, Cocamidopropyl Betaine. It's only $4.50 for 8 ounces. It takes very little depending on the amount of sudsing you want.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
Rjez wrote:

Could you elaborate since I'll be adding it in my conditioner. If it breaks down would it be better for me to mix it every single with the conditioner per use rather than putting it with the conditioner in the bottle?

Ari - Help. I know you know how to do this. It's easy enough - but sometimes it sort of doesn't blend like a smoothie.

and yup - it really has no smell whatsoever.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh, ro, I just don't know. I haven't met a cream or lotion of any type that SKB doesn't blend perfectly in. What are the first 3 ingredients in your conditioner?

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Gosh, ro, I just don't know. I haven't met a cream or lotion of any type that SKB doesn't blend perfectly in. What are the first 3 ingredients in your conditioner?

Ari

Actually, I just remember reading about it on SAS forum. For me, I did have problems mixing with Sebastian's Potion 9. It just didn't "mix" so I had clumps of cream and clumps of skb. But I remember someone on SAS saying that you just have to do it slowly, or mix with water first? or something like that.

I dunno - maybe I'm just confused ... again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Okay. I just conducted a little experiment. Took some very thick intense conditioner and slowly added SKB just tiny bit at a time mixing madly with my handmixer. Everything was fine 'til I got to about 1/4 SKB to 3/4 conditioner. Then, it started to seperate. Nuked it for 3 seconds, then beat again. Turned out perfect.

Hope this helps

edit: ooops, hit the submit button by accident. My thought is that you probably had too much SKB in the conditioner since it had worked before.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
you probably had too much SKB in the conditioner since it had worked before.

THAT'S IT! I was mixing about 1:1. Oh, now I'm going to try a smaller amount ...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I had the same problem with conditioner. I mixed too much SKB in, and got clumps that look like egg white.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Tried some SKB with conditioner this morning and my hair ate it up! My hair LOVES LOVES LOVES this stuff. I too made the mistake of doing about 40% SKB to 60% conditioner and there were clumps of the SKB and weren't blended. It felt weird at first because the soft slippery feel of the conditioner completely disappeared when I applied it to my hair felt a little stiff (probably because I added too much SKB). But once I rinsed it out, I immediately felt the effects of the SKB, with my hair still wet, my hair felt so soft and after styling it...wow, bounce, soft and shine..wohoo! It broke up my curls a tad, but hey I can live with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
My hair LOVES LOVES LOVES this stuff.

Ayuh, just think about how your skin is gonna love it!

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know whether this would/might help acne?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Those that are domestic, could you please PM to let me know you received your SKB package. I sent out 22 kgs Tues night, but for some reason I can only account for 21. Think I may received a payment late and just hand wrote the address on the box because I wanted to get it out to you and didn't write it down.

Much appreciated.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
My sea kelp came today!!!!!

I am so excited to try it! Thanks Julie!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) IS Clinical Reparative Moisture Emulsion (50 g / 1.7 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut V15

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |