Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Stem Youth Serum (50 ml) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml)
RAVE!! Skin Actives Sea kelp Bioferment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Wondering if it is safe to use SKB on colored hair? How about on oily scalp? TIA

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hiya, Goofygal (cute name!)

SKB is FOOD for your skin and hair. Perfectly safe and healthy diet for skin and scalp, no matter the type or condition. In fact, damaged or treated hair will see results very fast.

Hope this helps.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Goofygal wrote:
Hi,
Wondering if it is safe to use SKB on colored hair? How about on oily scalp? TIA

I have both and adore using sea kelp on my hair and scalp.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am soooo excited to receive my SKB. Would you all post what recipes you're using/planning to use with the SKB?

I am planning to make Katee's eye potion, and add this to my shampoo, conditioner, & leave-in.

Ari - the shampoo that you mentioned, you use 50%SKB & 50% aloe, do you add anything else?

I'd also like to use this for body lotion, does anyone have a recipe for that? Or will you just add it to whatever you're currently using? I was concerned about it growing excessive body hair though.

I may also make the face cream, but I'm experiencing a major breakout right now & so will wait until my face calms down.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:
I am soooo excited to receive my SKB. Would you all post what recipes you're using/planning to use with the SKB?

I am planning to make Katee's eye potion, and add this to my shampoo, conditioner, & leave-in.

Ari - the shampoo that you mentioned, you use 50%SKB & 50% aloe, do you add anything else?

I'd also like to use this for body lotion, does anyone have a recipe for that? Or will you just add it to whatever you're currently using? I was concerned about it growing excessive body hair though.

I may also make the face cream, but I'm experiencing a major breakout right now & so will wait until my face calms down.

First, do use the Sea Kelp on your face with aloe vera. It will help calm the breakouts. If you can use Salicylic Acid, crush some aspirin and combine with the SKB for a wash.

For the shampoo, I posted my recipe on SAS way back in June (I think). Someone gave it to Katee and she posted it here. Do a search on shampoo with Katee as author. You'll see a thread called "Katee's shampoo variations". You'll see I put a lot of nutrients in my shampoo 'cause I'm older and my hair and scalp need them. Use the basics of SKB, Aloe, Honey, distilled water and surfactant (for sudsing) to start and add whatever you want to make it your own. I use a gentle surfactant called Cocamidopropyl Betaine. You can get it atwww.theherbarie.com very cheap. Just a few ml. per bottle of shampoo is all you need. When you're mixing it, take a little and wash your hands. That'll tell you whether you need more surfactant or not. After the first time you'll just know how much to put in.

Ari

5% products discount

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Product background:
This is not a face product as such, but rather a concentrated active which is used in a small % in face care products. The Bioferment is supposedly the active in La Mer products??

Macrocystis pyrifera is a sea macroalgae rich in caragenaan, algin, minerals and many active chemicals. Fermentation makes the cell contents of this algae readily available to your skin, moisturizing it and providing the nutrients required to synthesize new components. This is the key ingredient (the Miracle Broth™) in Crème de la Mer, Fucus vesiculosus is fermented by the same microorganisms that convert milk into yoghurt.

Ah-ha, thanks! Now I know what was in the Creme de la Mer that made my eyelashes grow. I was applying it once a day for roughly 7 weeks. Around week 5, I finally noticed that my eyelashes had grown 40% longer. Huh, interesting since I wasn't even applying it to my eye area (or anything else for that matter). Now I've got to get a batch of this bio-fermented sea kelp and see what it does for my scalp.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:

Did you get your shipment? Just trying to account for all the shipments I shipped..I shipped a kg out and can't account for me..silly me! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:

Lei, I apologize for just now noticing this comment. You absolutely will NOT grow hair where you aren't supposed to. If you use the SKB in a body cream you may notice that hair grows a bit faster because of the nutrients, meaning you may have to shave or wax more often. But, new hair will not grow where your body is not "programmed" to grow hair. So, not to worry 'bout that.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the extra work Julie - got my gold elixir yesterday!

Ari - Thanks for the percentages to create a leave-in. I've now succesfully mixed SKB with a dry ends creme and with 2 other leave-in creams.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
So glad that everyone seems to be getting them in timely fashion to have the weekend to play around. I never knew this stuff was liquid gold Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I Julie! Sweetie, I certainly hope this was worth your while 'cause you made a lot of us very happy.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm about to jump on the bandwagon...though my finances are forcing me to at least watch the wagon go by right now.

I plan on purchasing SKB and some other stuff to create my own eye cream. We'll see how it works.
I cannot purchase it until I use up my other eye cream (both $$ and the fact that I promised myself I'd stop stockpiling products in 2007).

I'll probably be posting once I buy my stuff to ask about % and stuff. I've NEVER made anything on my own Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ari

Indeed it was, to have this available to those at a better price was and is well worth the effort on my part and is my pleasure. I would love to keep this going as a habitual thing as well as offer other ingredients.

Enjoy!!!
Julie

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone has curly or wavy hair that's used the SKB mixed in with their hair products. For some reason it seems to relax my curls, I still may be mixing in too much so guess it'll be a trial and error. Also does anyones hair feel a little 'producty' from this? All I do is mix some straight with my conditioner everyday instead of blending it into the conditoner bottle. Was wondering if I need to mix it well and let it incorporate and sit before I use it to fully benefit from it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have naturally curvy/wavy hair, and sea kelp in the conditioner does not agree with my hair- makes it look flat and straighter ( I also mixed 50-50). I love it in the shampoo - makes the hair more shiny healthier looking.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Julie sent my Sea Kelp Tuesday night, however I still did not receive it. I am afraid that it got lost. Sad It went to my mother's address and she didn't leave her home since Friday, so she could not miss it. Does everyone whose package was mailed on Tuesday received it? I live in New York.

Thank you.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I live in NJ (Paramus area), and it did arrive on Friday.

Sorry for your problem, hope it will be there on Monday.

Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Lucy,
I am just afraid that it got lost.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Lucy,
I am just afraid that it got lost.
ablubo80
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
Julie sent my Sea Kelp Tuesday night, however I still did not receive it. I am afraid that it got lost. Sad It went to my mother's address and she didn't leave her home since Friday, so she could not miss it. Does everyone whose package was mailed on Tuesday received it? I live in New York.

Thank you.

Don't be too alarmed. Candy shipped me a package on Monday and I just got it today (Sat) and we are only one state apart. This week I got 4 packages Priority Mail. 2 came within 2 days, 1 came in 5 and Drugstore.com shipped on Tuesday and I still haven't gotten their package yet.
Maybe it'll come Monday or Tuesday. I'll keep my fingers crossed Smile
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Doba,

I will keep my fingers crossed too.
Please, let me know if you get it on Monday.

Good luck,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
kandaboersma an Lucy,
Thank you very much.

kandaboersma,
I was always under the impression that priority mail takes two or at the most three days. Thank you for sharing your experience with priority mail. Now I feel a little better.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
doba, I live in TX and received mine this afternoon. You should have it Monday. Priority is supposed to take 2-3 days but sometimes it's much longer.

Sigma & Julie, you might want to skip the SKB in the conditioner. I don't use conditioner so I don't know. My routine is Sea Kelp-based shampoo, ACV & Distilled water rinse, a dab of Sea Kelp in my hair, style. What I have noticed since using SKB, is that I now have a couple of waves in my formerly ironing-board-straight hair. (Don't know if it's the SKB or not. It's strange after 55 years, though.) Def more volume and shine.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Here's something interesting: I remembered Katee saying the eye cream she was making thickened her eyelashes up some. She said it was from the seakelp. I've been rubbing it into my eyelashes for about three weeks or so, and I have new eyelash hairs. They're blond and don't curl like my other ones, but with a little dye or mascara and a curler, who cares? These are not revitalash or JM like results, though, so don't get too excited.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:50 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
... My routine is Sea Kelp-based shampoo, ACV & Distilled water rinse, a dab of Sea Kelp in my hair, style. What I have noticed since using SKB, is that I now have a couple of waves in my formerly ironing-board-straight hair. (Don't know if it's the SKB or not. It's strange after 55 years, though.) Def more volume and shine.

Ari

Ari, how long is your hair? Even with just having 6-8 inches cut off last week, mine's still about bra-strap length and if I didn't run a conditioner through it in the shower, it would be one gigantic rat's nest!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Opti Crystal Liquid Crystal Eye Serum (7 g / 0.25 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |