Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

RAVE!! Skin Actives Sea kelp Bioferment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Ari, what ratio of SKB should I put in my body lotion? Thanks.

salli

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have it ready made since DH and I both use it. It's in an opaque (lots of sun in my bathroom because of the skylight) pint bottle that's left in the shower. It lasts about 2-3 weeks with us both using it. And, it's fine for that length of time.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Ari, what ratio of SKB to body lotion do you use? Thanks.

salli

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
I have it ready made since DH and I both use it. It's in an opaque (lots of sun in my bathroom because of the skylight) pint bottle that's left in the shower. It lasts about 2-3 weeks with us both using it. And, it's fine for that length of time.

Ari

Will try that then, since a gallon of distilled water is literally $1, thank you. Is 1 tablespoon to about 16 oz of water sound okay? Your mixture doesn't have the SKB in it does it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
My ACV & distilled water is about 1/4 cup ACV to 16 oz. water. You can make it with 1 TBS, though.

I like my SKB plain so I put it in right after the rinse while my hair is still dripping wet.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
My ACV & distilled water is about 1/4 cup ACV to 16 oz. water. You can make it with 1 TBS, though.

I like my SKB plain so I put it in right after the rinse while my hair is still dripping wet.

Ari

OOOH okay, so you just work the SKB right into your dripping wet hair, interesting. I will definitely try this and scrunch in the SKB to my hair after the rinse and see if the curls do better with this method. Thanks! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to try that too, once I get some ACV.

I tried once after towel drying my hair to put a bit SKB into them, and they were so flat ...

I think doing it on wet hair will do the trick.

Ari, thanks!

Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Ari, what ratio of SKB should I put in my body lotion? Thanks.

salli

Salli, I am soooo sorry. I kept missing your post, didn't I? Please forgive an old broad whose brain has left the tracks.

For your body lotion, 1 teaspoon per 4 oz. should do the trick.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Ari, thanks. Well, from one old broad to another - I truly understand. No prob. Thanks so much for your help. I just tried a little something. I put some SKB over the moisturizer I had just put some SKB in on my eyelids. Seems once the SKB had had an opportunity to sink in my lids lifted a little. Just an ole kid playin around.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Ari, thanks. Well, from one old broad to another - I truly understand. No prob. Thanks so much for your help. I just tried a little something. I put some SKB over the moisturizer I had just put some SKB in on my eyelids. Seems once the SKB had had an opportunity to sink in my lids lifted a little. Just an ole kid playin around.

Yep, it has a tendency to do that. Cool stuff, huh?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
No kidding. I am totally impressed. I didn't feel it like the skin tighteners though. I just went and looked and WOW Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I said before and I'll say it ONE MORE TIME, "Our skin and hair totally recognizes and loves this stuff."

It just makes me so happy when my skin is happy. Dancing

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure my skin has been this happy in decades.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Does SKB have a cumulative effect on skin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Only in that it's healthier by getting some major nutrients and necessary minerals that you don't get in your normal diet.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using a cup of water with 1/2Cup ACV and a scant teasp of SKB. Mix well and put on my hair. I know that sounds strong but the vinegar smell is not at all present when my hair is dry.

My hair really loves this. It was horribly flat but now has body!
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
sharky, I just received my SKB this afternoon. I was so excited that I washed my hair again to see how the SKB would do as a gel. My hair is fine, thin and pretty much limp. I used some SKB about the size of a pea, rubbed together in my hands and ran it through my hair. You would not believe the volume, body and shine I have. My hair doesn't feel like it has a styling product in it, but it sure is behaving alot better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
salli wrote:

Yep, it has a tendency to do that. Cool stuff, huh?

salli wrote:
No kidding. I am totally impressed. I didn't feel it like the skin tighteners though. I just went and looked and WOW Very Happy

Holy mackeral! Shock Do you think this stuff is powerful enough to lift my bits and pieces off the floor? (Well, not that they're on the floor, but you know what I mean!)
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Give it a shot. It doesn't take much though. The SKB sure surprised me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:45 am      Reply with quote
question for gals using this in their hair. what is the best way to use it if i do *not* want extra volume and body? trust me, with all my deficiencies, lack of hair is not one of them. i have it cut to reduce big hair (thin it out), but i am on a quest to grow it even longer as the sheer weight seems to keep it from going out of control.... should i actually use more as a leave in perhaps?
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:31 am      Reply with quote
You might try using it in a hair growth serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
question for gals using this in their hair. what is the best way to use it if i do *not* want extra volume and body? trust me, with all my deficiencies, lack of hair is not one of them. i have it cut to reduce big hair (thin it out), but i am on a quest to grow it even longer as the sheer weight seems to keep it from going out of control.... should i actually use more as a leave in perhaps?

Using it as a leave in and mixing some with the conditioner seemed to have left my hair a little heavy so that may help if you want to counteract the volume.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
Using it as a leave in and mixing some with the conditioner seemed to have left my hair a little heavy so that may help if you want to counteract the volume.

ooh, thank you! if my arm will cooperate after back-to-back therapy sessions, i plan on trying this tomorrow. so excited!
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have to say that I put this on my damp hair after towel drying. When blow drying my hair, my hair just has soooo much body.

My hair is baby fine and limp.
I have spent so much money over the years just trying to find something that would give my hair body, serums, creams, sprays you name it. Nothing really worked.

Now, it is full and thicker feeling and styles wonderfully.

I LOVE THE SKB.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I just added SKB to some aloe vera gel, about half and half. My face feels so tight and absolutely wonderful. Do you think the ratio is OK? Also, forgive my ignorance but what does ACV stand for? I am assuming some kind of vinegar.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Serum Line Lifting Transformation (30 ml / 1 oz) Cosmedix Affirm Antioxidant Firming Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |