Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

RAVE!! Skin Actives Sea kelp Bioferment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I just added SKB to some aloe vera gel, about half and half. My face feels so tight and absolutely wonderful. Do you think the ratio is OK? Also, forgive my ignorance but what does ACV stand for? I am assuming some kind of vinegar.

You're right. Apple Cider Vinegar. I prefer organic.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
My package is finally arrived!!! I was afraid that it got lost, because Julie mailed it a week ago Shock The Post Office took its sweet time to deliver it. Rolling Eyes

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Julie. She offered to send another package without charge, even though it was not her fault. I had to beg her to wait a little longer. She is an extremely nice and generous person. Smile

Julie, thank you very much.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Doba,

I am so happy for you and relieved that you got your package. Hope you will enjoy SKB as mush as I do.

Julie, I am so grateful to you for making it possible. Thanks you very very much!

Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys I'm new to this sea kelp thing but it's getting raves all over the place so now I'm tempted to get it for my face. The thing I'm worried about however, is that algae and seaweed extracts in skincare has broken me out before, and I'm worried this might do the same? Also can this be used with emu oil?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
hair update. i went a wee bit overboard in my entheusiasm and added it to my shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in.... did not avoid the extra body it gives, but oh my! for hair that looks this healthy and happy and feels so soft, what price to pay??? thank you again, julie! without you, i never would have had enough to experiment.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:35 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Doba,

I am so happy for you and relieved that you got your package. Hope you will enjoy SKB as mush as I do.

Julie, I am so grateful to you for making it possible. Thanks you very very much!

Lucy.

Lucy,
Thank you very much. It is still at my mother's house. Will pick it up today.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
oooh! I wonder how long it will take to get to the UK?

I'm reeally looking forward to this. I think I will get some fennel extract, too, a la Ari's suggestion.

I wonder if fennel EO would do? I have plenty of that.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I don't often rave about a product, but I'm loving this stuff! Received my first 8 oz about a month ago, and just ordered another 8 oz.

Am using it on my hair and face. Have mixed it in my shampoo and con (with some ACV as well), plus apply direct to my hair when it's still wet after shampooing and let dry naturally (I think this part is what really does it for me). This is the first time in years I've been able to leave the apartment without ironing my hair (although to look its best I still do need to iron, but it's acceptable without).

I'm also using overnight a scalp serum of equal parts emu & kelp, with added soy iso, coconut endosperm and a few drops of rosemary oil. I've been using straight emu overnight on my scalp for some time (maybe 1 - 2 yrs) and thought it helped a bit, but this new concoction *seems* better, although it's a little early to tell - probably should give any scalp serum at least six months to be sure.

As for the face, I'm trying out a few different methods of use, but my skin seems to love this stuff as well.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:14 am      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
Hey guys I'm new to this sea kelp thing but it's getting raves all over the place so now I'm tempted to get it for my face. The thing I'm worried about however, is that algae and seaweed extracts in skincare has broken me out before, and I'm worried this might do the same? Also can this be used with emu oil?

Hi, Faith

I don't know what brands of skincare you are referring to. But, I rather doubt that it was the extracts themselves unless it had something to do with the extraction process used. That being said, SKB is a fermented sea kelp as yogurt is fermented milk.

Sea Kelp Bioferment is fantastic for acne and other skin conditions. It could be used with Emu Oil but I'd use it with something else. But, that's just my preference.

If want, you can pm me with your address and I'll send you a small jar to try.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

I'm reeally looking forward to this. I think I will get some fennel extract, too, a la Ari's suggestion.

Hi, catski

I don't know about the Fennel EO. All the stuff I read about Fennel for hair refers to the extract. Wish I could be of more help.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

I sent it out on the 25th and global priority is 3-5 days so they say. Plus I can't do delivery confirmation for packages going out of the states. You may have to wait a few more days as the USPS seems to be taking their time on a few packages unfortunately.

Again I tried the SKB last night on my hair, this time just added it with my leave in about half dollar size dollop and my hair just loves this stuff it's amazing! I know I sound like an infomercial, but how can something make such a big difference in texture/feel instantly rather than taking time? I have yet to incorporate this into my skin care routine, but can't wait.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
I know I sound like an infomercial, but how can something make such a big difference in texture/feel instantly rather than taking time? I have yet to incorporate this into my skin care routine, but can't wait.

Yeah, don't you wish we didn't have to wait for our skin to "regenerate" before we could see improvement? 'course, immediate results from the SKB will vary from person to person based on how desperately your hair needs the nutrition and minerals it provides. Sometimes, we think our hair is in great condition then along comes SKB and we find out........

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
catski wrote:

Hi, catski

I don't know about the Fennel EO. All the stuff I read about Fennel for hair refers to the extract. Wish I could be of more help.

Ari

What I'll do is try it with the fennel EO and see how it goes, first. I have fennel EO because I put it in the oil I rub into thighs.. supposedly good anti - cellulite thingy. I also have the seeds, of course, for cooking, and for digestive calming tea. Fennel is very groovy stuff.

aries, thanks. no worries, packages vary enormously in the time they take to arrive, I'm used to it.

meanwhile I keep looking into this thread, enjoying anticipatory glee.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I am really looking forward to the SKB. I made the eye cream 2 nights ago and have been using it in conditioner, ACV and as a hair gel. My hair was so bad before. It is really addictive.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I think I must have been in desparate need. I saw an almost immediate improvement and it just keeps getting better. Amazing stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
I think I must have been in desparate need. I saw an almost immediate improvement and it just keeps getting better. Amazing stuff.

Absolutely! I've been doing 2 parts shampoo and 1 part SKB and my hair is soooooooooooo soft and shiny. Won't need to spend lots of $$ on Ojon ever again, IMO.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
From reading this thread, I went back to my little bit of SAS SKB (my 1/2kg hadn't arrived yet - not surprised since it has to make its way across the border). I had added a little bit to my shampoo in the past and liked what I saw - new hair growth seemed really nice and healthy, but in the past I had such a hard time trying to get this stuff mixed in with my conditioner.

The SKB always seemed to make conditioner take on a lumpy texture and sometimes even "separate out". It seems like I was adding too much after reading this thread since I was trying about 1 tsp SKB in 3oz conditioner. So I went ahead and with a whole full 10-12oz of conditioner, I tried to mix in 2tsp of SKB and also added in some plain bottled water to thin out the lumpiness. I ended up with conditioner that while it didn't have that same nice rich texture as before, was still acceptable. It felt weird though, much thinner and didn't have that rich texture anymore. However, it felt like it just sank right into my hair! After 3 days of using SKB-added conditioner - WOW. I completely love my hair. lol.

Same rave as everyone else: my hair is nice shiny, smooth. It *feels* healthy and while it feels like it's smoothed out, it doesn't feel horribly weighed down.

As for skincare - I'd already been adding a tsp of SKB to 1oz of skin cream for a while now and it's always been great and seems to make my skin "happy".
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I can't believe I missed this thread! I just went through all 21 pages... whew.
SKB sounds perfect for my hair. I have thin, fine, flat hair and I've been having problems with thinning the past year and a half. I shed a LOT and there have been months that I have freaked out because of the shedding. I even went to the doctor to make sure all my hormones are ok and got my blood tested too. Eventually the hair loss hit a plateau, but my hair is thinner than ever. I hope I can try some SKB, Rosemary Oil, and Castor Oil and see if they help with growth. I wish I got here earlier to get some of the order. If it's too late, then it's off to skinactives for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Skim,

Wow the whole thread, you MUST be exhausted Very Happy .

maiea,

That's exactly what I experienced with the conditioner. When I first got the SKB I mixed in about half and half unknowingly and it seemed a little lumpy and that rich slippery texture of the conditioner disappeared. Even when applied to the hair I didn't have that slip and the product sunk into the hair instantaneously. So here I was thinking great, this stuff isn't working until I rinse it out. Right away I could tell the difference, my hair texture and feel was AMAZING! Although it loosened my curls I've never had anything work it's magic like this that wasn't all chemicals and silicone related.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
To All Who were able to get in on the SKB group buy:

I've received a few questions on the SKB so I decided to "pay more attention" when using it.

The upshot is that I have found that the SKB is more concentrated than I'm used to.

I would advise cutting back to 1/2 to 2/3 of the original recommendations for skin and hair. Staying with the original recommendation will not hurt anything as the SKB is pure nutrition for your skin and hair. But, if you cut back, your SKB will last much longer since you will, in effect, have 1/3-1/2 more product to use.

Just a suggestion.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Ari. I am now going to rave over this active. My hair has never looked better - shinier, soft but it has body; my eyelashes - are looking thicker; skin - eyelids are not as droopy and crepey, lines are diminished. This is only after a week. Maybe all of this is my imagination, but I don't think so. Now, I don't look 20 or 30, but my skin, etc. just generally looks alot healthier.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
This is only after a week. Maybe all of this is my imagination, but I don't think so. Now, I don't look 20 or 30, but my skin, etc. just generally looks alot healthier.

I thought I was imagining things too! I started using it after my SA set in and before moisturizing. My skin just looks so....hot! Laughing I think this stuff, coupled with rose hip seed oil, is gonna let me get rid a lot of extra products.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
my sushi secret, this is great that someone else is having the same experience as I am. Interesting thing is I'm not using that much in my products. I'll be really interested to see what the differences are in about 30 days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Sushi and Salli - OK, out with it! Details, please! Exactly what are you doing with the SKB - how much are you using, what are you mixing it with, etc., etc., etc. And Sushi, what's this about Rosehip Seed Oil? Do tell, please!
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Mermaid Girl,

Moisturizer - this is my custom blend of rose hip seed oil, jojoba oil and emu oil with about 20% SKB. I use this on my face, eyes, neck and chest. I have also put a tiny tiny bit more in my moisturizer from the pump about half of the time for my eye area and for lines. I will tell you it really helps the lids. Now a caveat, it is oily and it takes a little bit for it to absorb - this is not the skb causing this. Generally, I only use eyeliner and mascara unless I'm really going somewhere othere than errands so it doesn't interfere. For the eyelashes, when I'm putting my moisturizing oil on my lids I just dab a tiny bit on lashes - not much.

Hair, I kind of experimenting around here, I put some SKB in a bottle with a pump (so that I wouldn't be getting my dirty little fingers in it). I have put some in my conditioner - just a small dab just before putting the conditioner in my hair. I rub the conditioner and skb together in my hands before I put it on my hair. I have also used just a dab directly on my hair after rinsing the conditioner out and work it through my hair really well - don't rinse.

That's my routine. It's really simple. I have not been doing DIY for long, but it does seem to be working.

Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Serum Line Lifting Transformation (30 ml / 1 oz) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12) Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |