Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Intensive Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles PLUS (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps)
Vitamin C and Apple experiment w/pictures
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
nice experiment, i'm glad that i found this before i invest on a Vit c serum, maybe will try this over IS Clinical, much more affordable.
thanks much

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting the experiment - with photos!!!

I just received my 1st order from Candessence. I got the Triple C serum sample. Used it for the 1st time today. Good to see how well it worked with the apple. Now I'll have to consider her vit. C serum w/ E, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I honestly dont think you can judge how well a serum works by testing it on an apple though myself. I tried it again out of interest and my old homemade one that was turning yellow is stopping the apple turning brown too. Ive also tried it with a plain old moisturiser and it stops it going brown. Anything you apply to the apple is going to form a protective barrier around the apple and stop it going brown. Just my opinion anyway.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
want to try it if EDS carry this line
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Well, I'm replying to carolb69's skepticism: since the apples varied in how long they were protected - to me, that shows that there is a difference in the protective factor of different products.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
And I'm going to slap some of my homemade Vit C serum on a piece to see what happens to it...... Idea Cheapskate that I am.
Mabsy

Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
I honestly dont think you can judge how well a serum works by testing it on an apple though myself. I tried it again out of interest and my old homemade one that was turning yellow is stopping the apple turning brown too. Ive also tried it with a plain old moisturiser and it stops it going brown. Anything you apply to the apple is going to form a protective barrier around the apple and stop it going brown. Just my opinion anyway.

I agree with you on this one. It's a very nice experiment but anything that creates a barrier should do and the variation in the colour of the apple can be from the variation of the quantity of serum applied, which is hard to control for. I definitely do think there is something to this but I don't think that the experiment, unless reproducible, can tell us all that much. But that's my scientist brain talking.... Rolling Eyes Still, Candy's serums are on my to try list, regardless of what the apple might tell me Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
1 does look the best. Great experiments and nice controls!
steffers
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
SourApple wrote:
Candy is a forum member here, yes? Sorry for being out of the "loop".

oh my god, i didn't even know that!? Where have I been ? Wow. Well, thank you for posting these results, now i know exactly which C serum to buy!

Steffers Very Happy

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
OH What a great job~! seems PSF Vitamin C serum 12% works best Embarassed
dancar3
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, according to the pics it would be Candessence C, E Ferulic followed by her triple c that outperformed the other products. Smile
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I currently use Candy's C + ferulic acid but my next order was going to be the Triple refined C (I think that's the name of it) but after seeing the pictures, I guess I'll stick with the C + ferulic. Thanks so much for doing that little experiment for us!
COMPTON
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question for anyone that has tried candy's fuerilic, has anyone experienced breakout because i heard feurilic causes breakouts.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with you too Carol.

After thinking awhile and remembering what Molly pointed out, apples are not like human skin and coating an apple with salt or sugar will stop the oxidizing too but that doesn't mean the apple is getting UV protection.

I think it's important to keep that in consideration when deciding which serums are more effective.

Mabsy wrote:
carolb69 wrote:

I agree with you on this one. It's a very nice experiment but anything that creates a barrier should do and the variation in the colour of the apple can be from the variation of the quantity of serum applied, which is hard to control for. I definitely do think there is something to this but I don't think that the experiment, unless reproducible, can tell us all that much. But that's my scientist brain talking.... Rolling Eyes Still, Candy's serums are on my to try list, regardless of what the apple might tell me Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:52 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
I agree with you too Carol.

After thinking awhile and remembering what Molly pointed out, apples are not like human skin and coating an apple with salt or sugar will stop the oxidizing too but that doesn't mean the apple is getting UV protection.

I think it's important to keep that in consideration when deciding which serums are more effective.

Mabsy wrote:
carolb69 wrote:

I didn't say salt or sugar - I said vinegar or lemon juice leading me to think it's the acid rather than the Vitamin C. Plus your skin cells are not exposed to 'oxygen' directly, but 'oxidising processes' involving free radicals. Beyond that, oils are occlusive and will not let the air get to the apple so any C serum which is oily will be more successful in this experiment.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Intensive Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles PLUS (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Hauschka Night Serum (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |