Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

302 Skincare Users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Are you happy with your results using the 302 Skincare line

Yes, I am happy with 302 Skincare and will continue to use
60%
 60%  [ 25 ]
No, I was not happy with 302 Skincare
24%
 24%  [ 10 ]
Too soon to tell
14%
 14%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 41

boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:41 am      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
I had been using the C-Boost, but wanted a higher potency C (due to hyperpigmentation)so I started making my own.

Hi cabrita

Don't know if you are aware, but there are now 3 formulations with higher levels of C. The C Boost is 8%, the Lightening drops is the highest at 14 or 16% (can't recall which), the Calmskin C is 12%. There is a separate C for the decollete and hands which is also 14 or 16%. In case you don't want to make it yourself, you can bump up to one of these.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:13 am      Reply with quote
divalovesmusic wrote:
arya2 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
arya2 wrote:
I neglected to add in my earlier post about Nanci at NCN skincare that she regularly offers a 10% discount on all 302 products altho' they don't appear on her website.

Just a heads up for those of us who love or would like to try the products. Who doesn't like a bargain?

Where are the 302 products listed on Nanci's site? I don't see them there.

ETA: Thanks for checking with Dr. H on this for me, Boski!

I stated in my earlier posts that she doesn't include them on her site.

So do I just email Nanci and ask her about the products? Are they the exact same?

Yes, they are the same 302 products....!!?? Nanci would NEVER consider doing anything shady. Just send her an email & she will be her usual very obliging self.
Lexyg
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:15 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I would definitely love to hear from them and their results using 302 for anti-aging!

What I was saying is that there are people who don't post here who are quite happy with 302 for anti-aging (or so I was told).

You can always email Jennifer at 21st Century and I'm sure she'd be more than happy to answer questions.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:28 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I would definitely love to hear from them and their results using 302 for anti-aging!

Rileygirl:

the 302 thread is the place to look - avoids all of us repeating here essentially the same information that is found there.

Many anti-aging issues have been thoroughly discussed and the thread is packed with useful anti-aging & scientific information that isn't found on other skin care lines (why should it be a mystery?). The only exception I've seen is CPs where the Skin Bio site also freely offers access to Dr. P's studies. I tried CPs for a yr but they did nothing for me but are very effective for some.

So just jump over to the 302 thread - this is a poll thread.

EDA my last remark sounds a little rude but it wasn't my intention
Lexyg
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I think the 302 thread is overwhelming for someone looking for specific information. And I think there's a lot of fluff in there with the good stuff.

Is there a way to break out specific informative posts and put them in a "special" thread? To tell someone to go read the 85 pages - well, that's a HUGE task.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Lexyg wrote:
I think the 302 thread is overwhelming for someone looking for specific information. And I think there's a lot of fluff in there with the good stuff.

Is there a way to break out specific informative posts and put them in a "special" thread? To tell someone to go read the 85 pages - well, that's a HUGE task.

I don't like the way the thread has grown but unfortunately there is no way to search within a thread for specific information that I know of. That would save alot people from having to read the entire thing. I tried to put as much info in the first post, so people have a general idea of what 302 is and how it works. I did try to consistently highlight information from Dr H in blue and 302 Handbook information in green. This should help alittle for people who want technical info. And I, or somebody who knows, will also answer questions from people who just don't have the time to read it all. We have a pretty informative bunch of "regulars" who know just as much as me by now. The only thing difficult thing is to track people's feedback. If somebody has feedback, it happens on a sporadic basis. You need to monitor the forum for feedback on a regular basis. Some people post only a few times and then you never hear from them again. Understandably, not everybody wants to participate in the forum either. There are probably many lurkers. So we may not have a true reflection of how many people have used it and what the majority of people have experienced. Dr H did say they were putting some training videos on their website in the coming weeks, so this will help consumers understand how to use 302 better. Hopefully, his book will be out this year. That will be a tremendous help too. So bear with it until that happens.
Lexyg
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Boski. I'm a good example of someone being away from the boards for over six months. I moved, had a new email, screwed up my old account Embarassed and can't get back in with my new one. I finally opened a Yahoo acct and that seems to work.

So I didn't WANT to be away. But I was. So I feel like a new person coming back and trying to find out what's hot (always a danger).

I'll have my shipment from Nemo tomorrow and I'm quite excited to start. He sent me enough literature to begin. But I'm certain I'll be back with questions or the need for reassurances.

I belong to an exercise site that has "Everything" threads. Somehow, they pulled links to specific posts within long threads and it's all in one place. I have NO idea how to do that and I'm sure it's a dedicated task.

Lexy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Would it be worth doing 2 x 302 sub threads under product review: one on anti-aging and one on acne? This would mean people could post only about those things and leave general comments to the main 302 thread.
Just a thought to make it easier on those wanting to read info without sifting the 80 plus pages. Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
For those that have an EDS discount of greater than 10%, Nemo!AtTheDisco (Dan) honors our forum discount if you order from him.

Clarification: Nemo! actually offers 10% to everyone (even brand new EDS posters with no discount yet!). Shock But if your EDS forum discount is higher than 10%, he will honor the higher % for you. Very Happy

5% products discount

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I also bought several items from the line (cleanser, recovery plus, serum drops and eye firming serum) after reading the amazing results others were getting on EDS. Unfortunately, it was a pretty big investment for a pretty blah result. I went off all acids and actives and just used 302 (after a month I added back in my Retin A a couple of times a week). The cleanser is fine. It cleanses well, nonirritating and takes off all my makeup, doesn't leave me feeling too "tight" either and I do like that it's organic. The recovery plus doesn't give me any breakouts or problem but I much prefer my Clarins hydraserum after washing to this. Better hydrating, gives me more of a glow and smells better. As far as the serum drops, I saw nothing. Nothing bad or good. The eye serum I continued to use stubbornly every night determined to use up the bottle since it was expensive even though I didn't see any result after 2 months. Finally I realized that it was doing something.....drying my skin out! I tossed it. The line was expensive try out for me that was a miss.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
It has occurred to me while reading some of these posts that there are those who are using 302 expecting the products to perform like those in standard skin care lines. If that's the case you will be disappointed, at least initially. Furthermore, you may not be using the products correctly or the correct products for your skin issues.

Simply jumping to 302 products and using them without fully understanding the underlying skin issues you have, how the products are to be used, what can be reasonably expected vs those issues, the time it may take for your skin to adapt, & addressing all of this as a whole will inevitably lead to disappointment.

As we have said, the line is best used under a professional's guidance, or by those who have the patience to become their own aesthetician. It takes patience & work initially, but well worth it if you are so inclined.

Yes the 302 thread is long, but it does address in great detail so many issues that will help avoid disappointment.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
In the hopes of helping people decide whether this line is right for them, I would answer some basic questions before buying any of the 302 products. This is going to ensure you have the best chance of succeeding and not wasting money:

1. Are you going to be seeing or consulting with a 302 esthetician while using this line? There are too many products in this line which are geared for specific conditions, along with specific protocols and methods of application for each condition. The 302 Handbook is 306 pages long, so it is very complex. It's important you have this information, which can only come from a professional that you can communicate with on a regular basis. Even if you read the 302 thread in it's entirety, that may not give you the information you need for your skin condition. If you don't have professional guidance or know what you're doing, it can create more problems. These are very strong actives. Misused, you can seriously irritate your skin.

2. Are you willing to use only 302 products and follow the protocol recommended to the letter? Especially, not using any of your old favorites with 302 and not using lotion moisturizers/sunscreens. This is not a marketing ploy. It really is to ensure you get optimal results. If you want to alternate with another line, that's fine, just don't mix them.

3. Are you willing to persist through a possible transition period of uglies (which includes dryness, irritation, breakouts, blackheads) that may last up to 2 or 3 months?
Especially, if you were on acids long-term, this could very well happen. It's not something most people can handle and that's understandable. I luckily didn't have a bad transition, but I'm not sure I would have stuck it out if I got major breakouts. If you can manage to survive this period, the skin will eventually recover and improve from that point onward.

4. Are you willing to monitor your skin's reaction and make appropriate adjustments? That is, you have to be observant in how the topicals affect your skin. If you notice dryness and/or breakouts, it could be you need to back off on your application frequency. Many people don't adjust the regime to see if this helps relieve the problems before just giving up. The actives are potent. Sensitive skin types, especially, are likely to not tolerate as frequent application. Also, if using products not recommended with 302, such as Retin A, you may encounter irritation and dryness. Many people can use Retin A with 302, but you have to monitor your skin. If you get too dry, you may need to use Retin A less or further down the road, after you've been on 302 longer.

5. Do you have a realistic expectation of what to expect? This is not a line that produces dramatic results in a couple months. I don't know why some people are better/faster responders...this is a question I wish I knew the answer to. But for "most" people, it takes time for the skin to recover and rebuild, especially after long-term use of acids and inflammatory procedures. The results are only going to be dramatic after you've been on it for at least 6 months from reading people's experiences. But if you see any improvement, it continues for years down the road, and it is easier to maintain the longer you're on it.

So, if you can answer "yes" to all or most of those questions, you are more likely to succeed with this line.

Otherwise, I wouldn't even try it because you could be very disappointed and it isn't cheap.
That is the whole reason this line is "professional use only", to prevent people from trying to do it themselves and wasting their time and money.

HTH
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
arya2 wrote:
It has occurred to me while reading some of these posts that there are those who are using 302 expecting the products to perform like those in standard skin care lines. If that's the case you will be disappointed, at least initially. Furthermore, you may not be using the products correctly or the correct products for your skin issues.

Simply jumping to 302 products and using them without fully understanding the underlying skin issues you have, how the products are to be used, what can be reasonably expected vs those issues, the time it may take for your skin to adapt, & addressing all of this as a whole will inevitably lead to disappointment.

As we have said, the line is best used under a professional's guidance, or by those who have the patience to become their own aesthetician. It takes patience & work initially, but well worth it if you are so inclined.

I wholeheartedly agree with this, and hope that people reading the thread and considering 302 will take note. The consultations are free of charge, and if you realize later that you described a problem incorrectly or have good reason to tweak your products or routine, you can certainly consider a different approach (also worth getting some input first, however).

I have gotten the same impression, that people are just trying products they think will benefit them, without really understanding what will work best for them and why.

Boski's list of questions is an excellent way to assess compatibility with the 302 line and its "philosophy" (for lack of a better term).
akung

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
i broke out like crazy after stopping acids to prepare for the 302 stuff and after using for a month all my acne went down but i still got red marks which i think will take a while longer
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:18 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Boski's list of questions is an excellent way to assess compatibility with the 302 line and its "philosophy" (for lack of a better term).

Yep...I agree. 302 is great line, but it is not for everyone. I still use it for dermarolling, and wouldn't even consider using anything else for that purpose.

And now that I am off Retin A for the time being...I may go back to 302 completely! Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

And now that I am off Retin A for the time being...I may go back to 302 completely! Shock

Gotta chuckle Bethany.....my instincts told me we'd probably see you back as a f/t 'user' after your acid trip.

Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
arya2 wrote:
bethany wrote:

Gotta chuckle Bethany.....my instincts told me we'd probably see you back as a f/t 'user' after your acid trip.

Very Happy

LOL...my acid trip pales in comparison to most people on EDS, but if the hormonal zits appear again, I will be racing to hit the RA 2x a week again!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
arya2 wrote:
bethany wrote:

Very Happy

LOL...my acid trip pales in comparison to most people on EDS, but if the hormonal zits appear again, I will be racing to hit the RA 2x a week again!

Too true. I was a real 'acid head' before I began 302, enduring 6 wks of the uglies to calm this skin of mine. But you, honestly, think you're much too hard on yourself. From the pics you've posted, your skin is really lovely. Beyond me what you're seeing when you look in the mirror cuz I don't think it's what the rest of us is seeing of you.

I encourage you to ditch the quest for unrealistic perfection and instead embrace what you've got going for you - that lovely colouring and very fresh look. Can't buy or bottle that.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
arya2 wrote:
bethany wrote:
arya2 wrote:
bethany wrote:

Very Happy

Too true. I was a real 'acid head' before I began 302, enduring 6 wks of the uglies to calm this skin of mine. But you, honestly, think you're much too hard on yourself. From the pics you've posted, your skin is really lovely. Beyond me what you're seeing when you look in the mirror cuz I don't think it's what the rest of us is seeing of you.

I encourage you to ditch the quest for unrealistic perfection and instead embrace what you've got going for you - that lovely colouring and very fresh look. Can't buy or bottle that.

You are very sweet. Smile

I am using up my current stash of products, and don't want to change anything until I complete my STOP test. But then I'll make a decision about what I am going to do longer term...there is a very good likelihood that I will increase the 302 usage.

I have tried a bunch of stuff over the years, and 302 is one of my 2 favorite lines...and is definitely the more affordable of the 2. And in this economy that is really something to take under consideration.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
Dr H did say they were putting some training videos on their website in the coming weeks, so this will help consumers understand how to use 302 better. Hopefully, his book will be out this year. That will be a tremendous help too. So bear with it until that happens.

can u provide their url.?
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Lexyg wrote:

bravo, really spoke my mind.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
bciw wrote:
boski wrote:
Dr H did say they were putting some training videos on their website in the coming weeks, so this will help consumers understand how to use 302 better. Hopefully, his book will be out this year. That will be a tremendous help too. So bear with it until that happens.

can u provide their url.?

Hi bciw,

The company website iswww.302skincare.com.

There is some product information on there. You will not find much in the way of how to use the products in a regimen, because you are supposed to work with an trained esthetician in developing a regimen for your specific situation. The videos are not there yet.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
bciw wrote:
Lexyg wrote:

bravo, really spoke my mind.

I'm trying to put together a 302 FAQ which I hope can become a sticky, answering many questions that are frequently asked in the thread. I'm trying to get it done as time allows, but it's alot of info, so hopefully during Spring Break in a couple weeks, I can get it done.

However, you should try to still at least skim the thread for the postings by Dr Huber (blue text). Alot of valuable info about how the skin works are contained in his posts.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
I'm trying to put together a 302 FAQ which I hope can become a sticky, answering many questions that are frequently asked in the thread. I'm trying to get it done as time allows, but it's alot of info, so hopefully during Spring Break in a couple weeks, I can get it done.

However, you should try to still at least skim the thread for the postings by Dr Huber (blue text). Alot of valuable info about how the skin works are contained in his posts.

That will be great, Boski. I am looking forward to reading this from you. I do hope you will include nutritional information. I seem to remember Dr. H talking about nutrition in one of the protocols (possibly anti-aging?).

Thank you also for the tip about the blue text being info from Dr. H. There are way too many pages to read on the 302 thread, and I stopped way before ever reaching the final page!
Nookie

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Bump to show I have been a member
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC Crease Ease Emulsion (50 ml) Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Laboratoire Dr Renaud ExCellience CellClock Cellular Youth Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |