Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

RAVE!! Skin Actives Sea kelp Bioferment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Forgot, I also put a little ha in the moisturizing oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Ari, would the skb possibly be responsible for my skin tone becoming a little more even?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm inclined to think it's the combination of SKB and Rosehip Seed Oil if you're seeing a significant improvement in tone.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not even really doing anything...just slapping it on!

For hair, I just put it on before I put shampoo in, because in my twisted little head, I think the shampoo is pushing it further into my hair.

For skin, I spray my face with water or grape water and then put on the SKB by itself, let it absorb and then put pure rose hip seed oil as a moisturizer and then suncreen. At night I put it on after the Retin A and CP serum and before the rose hip seed oil again. I switched from emu to rose hip seed oil because of Wildflower.

Then I figured, why not put it all over Laughing. So now I put straight SKB after I get out of the shower and before I put Burt's Bees Apricot Oil on.

I wonder what would happen if I drank some....... Idea
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
First time I used it, I was just slapping it on. Then I started thinking I might be wasting it. So I got a little more creative. I used the mixture of oils for moisturizer because after reading and reading and reading they all did something a little different and being the lazy human I am - I mixed them so that I could just do it all at once. I'm really bad with beauty regimes that take much time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
axisextreme - that's it exactly! The conditioner is just sinking in, not coating my hair like usual. I thought the stuff wouldn't do anything because it was so runny and weird, but when it was rinsed out and my hair was dried, I could tell my hair felt so much nicer. The really strange thing is I'm only using so little SKB in the conditioner to get that effect! And I have naturally semi-wavy hair, so the more the SKB takes the waves out, the better for me! Very Happy My hair's natural wave is just bizzare - not wavy, but not straight, so most days it makes it look like I hadn't combed my hair! If the SKB wil relax what little waviness I have and make my hair straight, I'll be extremely happy!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:52 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme

My SKB arrived today. I am in England & I thought delivery was pretty quick. I haven't used any yet but will be trying it out tonight.
No customs charges either.

It really was terrific of you to do this. Big hug & thanks to you. Very Happy

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
My curiosity is about to get the better of me. I have tried to research this on the internet with no luck (maybe I'm doing it wrong). Anyway, I was wondering if there was any kind of research on skb in cosmetics other than just our experience and that it is the active in creme de la mer. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to kick the gift horse in the mouth by any means. Just curious.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
hi julie, just to let you know my SKB arrived safely today!

Thankyou.

Really looking forward to using it. Smile
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I wonder how this would do mixed with rhassoul and a few other goodies into a mask. Neutral
I feel a project coming on.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
I wonder how this would do mixed with rhassoul and a few other goodies into a mask. Neutral

ooooh, Morrocan Red clay and......ummm...what?........I feel the need for a recipe coming on. As Candy has said to me, "Spill it, sistah!". Laughing

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Sharkbait wrote:

ooooh, Morrocan Red clay and......ummm...what?........I feel the need for a recipe coming on. As Candy has said to me, "Spill it, sistah!". Laughing

Ari

Laughing

I was thinking coleus oil, anti-ox from SAS and sea buckthorn EO. Well, that´s just a few of the things I mix into my serum (hazelnut oil, coleus, ani-ox seabuckthorn, helichrysum, german chamomile yada yada). I do have a huge box of herbs and powder from my hair experiments, so I might throw some of that in there. Oh, how about some dead sea salt? What do you think?

Ooh, I have to mention how much my hair loves SKB. I´ve had somewhat wavy hair all my life, but now, with my soapnut-cassia-shikakai powder mixed with rosemary EO, honey and water as a shampoo, and SKB put in on soakng wet hair after ACV rinse, my hair is bouncy, shiny, full and happy. /rave
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Sounds lovely! An absolute YUM! I have everything 'cept the coleus oil.

I adore Dead Sea Salt for its softening properties. Wonderful for dry skin, too.

Off we go. Let's compare notes later. 'kay?

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Yup, I´m quite looking forward to this one. Cool
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Anyway, I was wondering if there was any kind of research on skb in cosmetics other than just our experience and that it is the active in creme de la mer.

I use JASON Natural Sea Kelp Shampoo. Sea kelp extract is listed as the sixth ingredient. I bought it before all this because it was a moisturizing formula.

I had my hair trimmed last night and the girl said my hair looked really good after she got the split ends off. She said she could tell I flat ironed my hair though, because of the texture, but I have Chinese and Irish hair so the texture's been a little "off" my whole life. Laughing
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Salli, I haven't looked for any new research but I've noticed that you can barely walk down the supplements or cosmetics aisles at WalMart without seeing "With Sea Kelp" or somesuch on product labels.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Ari, this morning I was looking at the contents on my biolage conditioner and it has sea kelp in it. I'm just curious about this stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Ari, this morning I was looking at the contents on my biolage conditioner and it has sea kelp in it. I'm just curious about this stuff.

I meant that all the companies seem to be suddenly jumping on the sea kelp bandwagon.

Salli, how far down the ingredients list is the Sea Kelp? I'm just curious.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I mean to keep reading this thread (before it grows too ginormous).
I am very interested in the idea of using it with haircare and skincare. I need to read it properly.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Sounds lovely! An absolute YUM! ...

I adore Dead Sea Salt for its softening properties. Wonderful for dry skin, too.

Ari

Sharkbait wrote:

Ari and Sharky, if you guys come up with something that's a winner, and if its not something you plan to market later, would you mind terribly sharing your discovery with us? I know I'd really appreciate it! Very Happy
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Arielle wrote:
Sounds lovely! An absolute YUM! ...

Ari

Sharkbait wrote:

Ari and Sharky, if you guys come up with something that's a winner, and if its not something you plan to market later, would you mind terribly sharing your discovery with us? I know I'd really appreciate it! Very Happy

Sweetie, I'd share even if I was planning to market it! Wink

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Ari, must apologize, must be seeing things. No sea kelp.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
MermaidGirl wrote:

Sweetie, I'd share even if I was planning to market it! Wink

Ari

And that is just one of the reasons why I adore you!
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
salli,

When you've mixed your own moisturizer, do you find the SKB doesn't blend completely with the oils? I tried doing the SKB and rose hip seed oil at the same time and I had to "melt" it in my hand to get it to go on without feeling like it was balling up.

I put some of the SKB in a travel bottle with a sport top, so I'm using a lot less too now.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
I put some of the SKB in a travel bottle with a sport top, so I'm using a lot less too now.

That's what I do as well, makes it easier to measure and not waste.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sothys Homme Soothing After Shave Balm (50 ml / 1.69 floz) Pro-Derm Stem Youth Serum (50 ml) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |