Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

EmerginC Crease Ease Emulsion (50 ml) Laboratoire Dr Renaud ExCellience CellClock Cellular Youth Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz)
RAVE!! Skin Actives Sea kelp Bioferment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
By the way I've recently been mixing the SKB with Infusium (leave in water-based conditioner) and that seems to work well. I sometimes use it straight on my palms on wet hair but if I'm not careful I get stiff areas. I'll have to say the effect on my hair seems to be cumulative and I do not think I've found anything that is as good! I had flat hair and now it actually has body.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I mixed SKB with distilled water (1:4) and used it as leave-in conditioner after my regular shampoo&conditioning. but my hair seemed more frizzy than before... Crying or Very sad

anyone got any suggetions for me?? Confused
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I put an order in last night for some. I dont know what Im going to do with it yet Razz

I saw on the site that it now comes with detergent and perfume to make your own shampoo...so I guess I'll do that first.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
daydreamingda wrote:
I mixed SKB with distilled water (1:4) and used it as leave-in conditioner after my regular shampoo&conditioning. but my hair seemed more frizzy than before... Crying or Very sad

anyone got any suggetions for me?? Confused

Same here..That's why I only add it to my shampoo. It also affected my conditioner-adversely. I'd love to hear other suggestions.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I was adding it to my conditioner for awhile. Didn't seem to affect the conditioner adversely, but I decided that I was getting whatever benefit the stuff offered by adding it to my shampoo only.

I know alot of us have used it as a leave in conditioner.... I never have. I don't like the way it feels neat. It's sort of yucky...
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I was adding it to my conditioner for awhile. Didn't seem to affect the conditioner adversely, but I decided that I was getting whatever benefit the stuff offered by adding it to my shampoo only.

I know alot of us have used it as a leave in conditioner.... I never have. I don't like the way it feels neat. It's sort of yucky...

I agree. It works great in my shampoo, using it in the conditioner IMO is wasting the product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
It may depend on your hair type. Mine is thin and baby,baby fine. SKB in the shampoo did not do much. If I mix a bit with water/infusium as a leave-in it really puts volume in my hair which is normally very flat. It does look like I've got a body wave and lasts a day if I do not wash my hair. This is a major difference. If I did not wash my hair every day I looked like a concentration camp refugee.

My dd is different the SKB rinse does not do much for her but she has coarser fuller hair that gets tangled in an instant. I only wash her hair with conditioner or I get an unruly mat!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
It may depend on your hair type. Mine is thin and baby,baby fine. SKB in the shampoo did not do much. If I mix a bit with water/infusium as a leave-in it really puts volume in my hair which is normally very flat. It does look like I've got a body wave and lasts a day if I do not wash my hair. This is a major difference. If I did not wash my hair every day I looked like a concentration camp refugee.

My dd is different the SKB rinse does not do much for her but she has coarser fuller hair that gets tangled in an instant. I only wash her hair with conditioner or I get an unruly mat!

Very interesting sharky, thanks for the tip. I will try to mix SKbio with infusium leave-in conditioner.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
sharky wrote:

Very interesting sharky, thanks for the tip. I will try to mix SKbio with infusium leave-in conditioner.

well keep me posted, sounds like my hair!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:

Since my hair is course maybe that's why it works best for me in my shampoo.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I also have fine straight hair that is super frizzy, thanks to a lifetime of chemical abuse and living in an area of high humidity. The SKB works wonders on my hair when I apply it straight to wet hair after shampooing. I've stopped adding it to conditioner now as it always seems to make it lumpy, and I've tried it with several conditioners.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add my rave to the list!

Ive added it to my shampoo and hair serum and my hair has more body and is nice and soft.

I had to experiment a bit with which styling product to use and have found it works best with my silicone free serum.
http://www.beautyexpert.co.uk/FullDetails.asp?ProductID=23573

I already love the serum but with the seakelp added it really smoothes my hair.

Havent seen results adding to moisturiser yet but it may be too soon.

Has anyone tried making a shampoo with it with the supplied detergent? I havent yet as I only got the smallest jar so have to wait to get another jar.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 12:17 am      Reply with quote
Today i actually added the seakelp to my serum bottle ( i was just mixing it in my hands before) and its turned a lumpy mess Confused

Has anyone found that happens when you added it to your serum bottle?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used my in hair serum, but I did try putting it in my conditioner which was the biggest disaster ever. It's put me off from mixing it in with anything other than my shampoo. The conditioner mixed with Sea Kelp literally turned into this glue like substance. I put it on my hair and I actually couldn't get the comb through my hair. It was awful, it was so hard to actually wash it out of my hair too. I'm going to stick with beta glucans in conditioner and the SKB just in my shampoo.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I haven't used my in hair serum, but I did try putting it in my conditioner which was the biggest disaster ever. It's put me off from mixing it in with anything other than my shampoo. The conditioner mixed with Sea Kelp literally turned into this glue like substance. I put it on my hair and I actually couldn't get the comb through my hair. It was awful, it was so hard to actually wash it out of my hair too. I'm going to stick with beta glucans in conditioner and the SKB just in my shampoo.

Works in my shampoo only. It was awful in my conditioner, waste of product IMO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sel, for some, it has worked well as a styling gel. I recommend that you start with a very small amount at first to see how it works on your hair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:

Oh thanks for this info. I was wondering what was causing my conditioner to turn in to this glob of glue, too.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 5:00 am      Reply with quote
I applied it straight to my hair before washing and let it sit in as a deep conditioner then shampoo and conditioned it. I found my hair was super shiny. You can even use a small amount before blowdrying like you would a shine serum and I found that works for me.
tigger
5% products discount

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone still using this stuff??? Question
Angy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
do you guys use it as a moisterizer??
I've been reading a lot of good things about it and want to try it. Thanks a bunch!
Angy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I had read it before I ordered from skin actives since it seems to be a diluted version Sad
anyhow, now i have plenty of ideas...
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC Crease Ease Emulsion (50 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Osmotics Cream Extreme Intensive Repair (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |