Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Home microdermabrasion machine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I had a salon microdermabrasion treatment the other day and was quite impressed at how my skin looked afterwards. The pores were definitely much more refined. You're supposed to have a series of six treatments, so I was quite surprised to see some improvement from just one.

As some of you might know from my previous posts I have sebaceous hyperplasia, which is just a fancy name for gummed up pores - I end up with all these little cystic bumps all over my face. After switching from using creams to oils and eating less dairy, there's been a marked improvement - but now I'm thinking microdermabrasion is going to be the way to go. Why I didn't think of this earlier, I don't know.

Now, being an avid fiend for every skin gadget under the sun I thought, why not buy my own machine - so after about 5 mins research I ordered the Timepeel from Nanci at NCN.Shock Now I realise that a home machine is not going to be as good as a professional one, however, at least I can use it whenever I want. It cost $299 so, considering that a course of professional treatments is around $600, I figure it will be a good investment.

When I receive it I'll let you all know what I think about it.

BTW, my husband and I are currently living on a small boat, cruising around the Whitsundays for a few months. Naturally, I've brought every one of my gadgets with me - now I'll be sitting up on deck giving myself a microdermabrasion treatment in the blazing sun!! My husband will be scaling the fish - and I'll be scaling me. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Maheenl,
This is the link for the machine and Nanci is the owner of this website store and her customer service is the very best!!!!!
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/virtuemart/7.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, you'd have to pay shipping. Email Nanci for the amount.

Yes, I did have a few salon microdermabrasion treatments before I bought the Timepeel. IMO the Timepeel gives a similar result. However, I think there are different levels of microdermabrasion that you can get at a salon, so there might be much more aggressive treatments available than the ones that I had.

It really depends on what skin issues you're trying to resolve. I get chronically blocked pores, I find using the machine once a fortnight perfect for keeping my skin exfoliated. This may well be too much exfoliation for others though - and it should be remembered that too much exfoliation can be a bad thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely not - microdermabrasion is done on squeeky clean skin, otherwise you'd be clogging up the machine with all the cream.

Maheen1 - if you're unsure about all of this, I'd recommend that you have one salon treatment to see whether this procedure is for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I had a half a dozen professional crystal microdermabrasions on my stomach (thought it would help the stretch marks - it didn't) and a couple on my face. Both times I had to have water on hand as I would always get them stuck in my throat (even while they worked the stomach area) and get that horrible dry cough. Sometimes got them in my eyes too. That was even worse!

By chance Miranda did they recommend you use mederma on your stretch marks? I used to manage a clinic and we had our clients do this with great results, along with once weekly or bi-weekly microdermabrasion treatments.

I just purchased a diamond microdermabrasion machine from a seller on ebay. I wanted a Timepeel but couldn't swing the expense right now so I got a machine for $185 instead. I know it won't be like the professional machine I am used to using but I feel that it will be sufficient in my goals....better than not doing it at all!! Smile I should get it next week and after doing a few treatments I will be sure to come back and rate it for anyone who is interested.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
MoxieMama wrote:
maheen1 wrote:
hey Moxie mama we ll be very much interested in knwing how u feel about ur new machine......whats the brand of ur diamond microderm machine...its not timepeel for sure but what is it ? hope it works fine for u...and by the way what r u using it for ? just to get rid of old dead cells or any other reason like hyperpigmentation or melasma ?

I am not certain the brand name, all I know is it has a 6 month warranty and service is done in the USA. The seller also has good feedback. Once I get it I can let you know if there is a brand name. I am using it for my face and scars on my body. I do have melasma but it is deep dermal melasma so the microderm isn't going to help so much with that as it is to help getting the dead cells off my face so my products can penetrate deeper and get to the live cells and make a difference that way!

MM, have you thought about dermarolling for product penetration? Your products will go much deeper without compromising your epidermis. This is what I have been doing with my SM's - and it's working! I also roll my face both deep and shallow.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
MoxieMama wrote:
maheen1 wrote:
hey Moxie mama we ll be very much interested in knwing how u feel about ur new machine......whats the brand of ur diamond microderm machine...its not timepeel for sure but what is it ? hope it works fine for u...and by the way what r u using it for ? just to get rid of old dead cells or any other reason like hyperpigmentation or melasma ?

I am not certain the brand name, all I know is it has a 6 month warranty and service is done in the USA. The seller also has good feedback. Once I get it I can let you know if there is a brand name. I am using it for my face and scars on my body. I do have melasma but it is deep dermal melasma so the microderm isn't going to help so much with that as it is to help getting the dead cells off my face so my products can penetrate deeper and get to the live cells and make a difference that way!

Moxie Mama - you may want to check out the dermarolling for product penetration thread for help with better product penetration. I can't wait to hear about your microderm machine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:01 am      Reply with quote
MoxieMama wrote:
SS, I have been reading that dermalroller thread!! I ordered a .25 and a .5 roller last week. I have a 1.0 roller that I have used once and won't use again until I get used to the pain!! LOL Either that or break down and use the emla cream.
Now I just need to decide what topicals to use with the dermal rollers. There is so much info to sift through and I have so many notes taken, I have to decide what to start with.
Any recommendations?? Smile

You'll probably find the information you need on this thread "Dermarolling for Product Penetration".

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=517784#517784

Sun Oct 06, 2024 5:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC Crease Ease Emulsion (50 ml) Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |