Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Marie Veronique Organics Pacific Night Serum with Retinol
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:
Sounds really nice. Ive also been thinking of introducing a retinol serum to alternate with my retina-A. But I was going to go with NCN retinol product. Im not sure now ? LOL

What is the texture like. Is it more like an oil or serum feel?

In regards to the Vit C I noticed she does LAA with niacinimide. I wonder if that works as ideally I would love to use it, but Ive read they both need different PH levels to work. I wonder why this works?? Anyone care to shed some light on this one?

Her eye serum looks awesome too. Her products look very nice but jom can you tell me what they smell like? Reason being is I couldn't stand the smell of her tinted moisturiser spf30, and wonder if that's a signature smell? I think it smelled like olives or something like that.

Many thanks for the review

Hi dionie, it is more like a creamy serum. It is quite hydrating so it is somewhat lotion-y. I really think the added ingredients, especially the MVO Marine Bioactive Peptides and the delievery system for the retinol (she uses an innovative chitin-microencapsulation process), make this serum special. The serum contains some great barrier repair ingredients like the ceramides and cholesterol so it is very soothing to the skin as well as helping to get rid of lines and wrinkles.

I've asked a couple of "experts" about the Vitamin C capsules and they believe the formulation is sound. I also consider Marie Veronique to be an expert formulator and do not think she would combine ingredients that didn't play well together.

The scent of the sunscreen is unique, it is not a signature scent. I think it is a little medicinal too but it didn't bother me too much. All of the oils smell lovely and the scent dissipates quickly. HTH
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:
Thanks jom....yeah I get ahead of myself sometimes. Surprised I did email to make a change so we'll see what they say. The only reason I liked the idea of it is that my skin has been quite dry lately due to the retin-A and hydroquinone that I'm on temporarily.But that wont be forever.

I like the idea of the sunprotective oil though. Do you think its okay to use that oil at night before the retinol too or is it better to purchase the two you have (sun protective and antiaging one) .I like that the sunprotective oil has lots of antioxidants. I have other oils at home that would be good for the essential fatty acid component. What do you think? Sorry I hope Im not giving you a headache Embarassed

I think it would be fine to use the sun protective oil before the retinol serum. Be sure to let me know how you like the products!
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Does anyone know when this will be available for purchase?

Dionie - is you skin prone to breakouts at all? Or does it take you awhile for your skin to adjust to new products? Thanks for your feedback.

I want to use Vitamin A (and this product), but am a little hesitant as Retin-A wrecked my skin. Took a year to recover from the redness. I am hoping more people who took advantage of the offer can chime in! Smile

Erg retin A would definitely be stronger using it every night.Did you use it every night? MV retinol a really nice Retinol product. I actually found alternating the two was better and not as "harsh" as using retin A every night. I suppose you could do a 3 nightly roster. 2x retinol, 1x retinA? You know what they say start slow and work your way up. Personally I'm thinking that I'll just stick to my retin A for now but I do find it a little drying if I use it every night. Ive read some people take years for their skin to adjust.But I still have some of this product left. I might use it a couple nights a week and see if I still get break outs. Ill let you know if I do.

As for being prone to breakouts the answer is yes. I managed to get my skin under control with the use of AHAs/Retin A/ Vitamin C serums and antioxidant serums that I incorporated all into my routine. Thanks to EDS, people here really saved my skin. I've tried many products, some don't make me break out, others do. So its a bit hit and miss with me. Usually I know within a week of usage, but I usually stick it out longer in case its purging.

Thanks jom, glad its all working for you.Hopefully it will for most people.

Smile Smile
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Does anyone know when this will be available for purchase?

Dionie - is you skin prone to breakouts at all? Or does it take you awhile for your skin to adjust to new products? Thanks for your feedback.

I want to use Vitamin A (and this product), but am a little hesitant as Retin-A wrecked my skin. Took a year to recover from the redness. I am hoping more people who took advantage of the offer can chime in! Smile

Hi erg, I was curious about when the retinol serum would be available on the website so I called the store. They expect to have it up on the web within the next week. However, you can buy it now from their retail store. If you call them at 415.384.8492 they can probably send it out to you. HTH
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I'm interested in knowing why she recommends applying an oil before the serums - usually it's the other way around as oils form an occlusive barrier which prevents the absorption of products that contain water. For that reason it's the norm to apply oils last.

Its the principle of Thinnest to Thickest I think. If this is a thick "serum" then applying a thinner oil first would work best.

I dislike this product because of a few things:

• Teprenone has already been de-bunked somewhere else as completely useless as a skin care ingredient. Just because it works as an anti-ulcer medication doesnt translate into lengthening telomeres topically.

• She uses pre-made mixes with acrylates in them which arent in keeping with the "natural" theme she espouses. I pass.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Hi Jom- are you still using the Vit C capsules and do you like them? Thanks. Plus it's good to see you around EDS again.

Hi Cookie - nice "talking" with you again too. I no longer use the capsules. I went back to the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic. It's better value-wise. The capsules are a bit pricey - she went up on the price. Also the amount in each capsule was inconsistent. Sometimes it was completely full and sometimes it was completely empty. MVO says they put more capsules in the jar than what is stated on the package to account for the difference (I never counted). I used to mix the capsules with the retinol serum. Marie says this is OK because the Vitamin C is fresh and can't oxidize before you're able to put it on your skin. It did brighten my skin. I've been meaning to start dermarolling (I keep procrastinating about it). I was thinking I would get some of the capsules to mix with the retinol serum and apply that after a roll. I don't know when (or if) I'll actually get around to trying that. My skin tolerated the mixture well.
bacchus
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
What she's saying defies logic to me. An oil is occlusive - full stop. Doesn't matter whether it's thick or thin - oil and water don't mix. Not sure about creams containing wax but they may contain an oil. If they do, they will also contain an emulsifier to bind the two together - because, as we know, oil and water don't mix.

There's no point in applying an oil first because it is occlusive, it will mean anything placed over the top of it will be blocked. Much better to apply the serum or cream and then the oil. This is standard practice.

While it's true that oil and water don't mix, our skin is made up of more than water! This article is interesting, the "outcome" states (bolding mine):
Quote:
The studies as described above allow to draw a sketch for the behaviour of oils on skin and their penetration into skin. Figure 2 shows the difference, 2A for vegetable oils, 2B for paraffin oil. In both cases the oil is forming a more or less close layer on top of the skin, still allowing the skin to breathe as TEWL values indicate. Also, both oil types penetrate into the upper skin layers of the stratum corneum. However, 2A illustrates that vegetable oils due to their composition being similar to skin lipids i.e. skin compatible are taken up by the skin through enzymatic decomposition. That is what gives the well-known direct caring effect for e.g. dry and cracked skin. In contrast 2B shows that cosmetic paraffin oil - usually used in pharmaceutical grade with only saturated hydrocarbon chains and thus being chemically inert - is not metabolized while penetrating the upper skin layers of stratum corneum. So, paraffin oil, also lacking in active constituents compared to vegetable oils, does not have a direct caring effect, because it does not have a nutritional benefit for the skin. In contrast vegetable oils are known and often preferred for direct caring of skin due to the fact that they contain important components like triglycerides, flavonoids,
phytosterols and tocopherols

Full article: http://www.cossma.com/fileadmin/all/cossma/Archiv/SciencArtic/COS1202_26_ScientHauserOil.pdf
System
Automatic Message
Sun Oct 06, 2024 7:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC Crease Ease Emulsion (50 ml) Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Hydra-Gel Eye Patches (60 patches)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |