Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Devita Products - any opinions from users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:35 am      Reply with quote
I have seen Devita mentioned a few times and they have some interesting products. Has anyone used these products and can give some feedback, especially on the Hyaluronic Acid Gel, Devita-C, AHA and Optimal Rejuvenation.

5% products discount

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi .. I have used Devita product while back. but it was only their eye cream and it's pretty lovely indeed. I can fell those cooling sensation from the aloe vera.. no parabens .. no toxic products wich is great !!..
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I just started (2 weeks ago) using these products because of the good ingredients (aloe, white or green tea and peptides). I like the feel of the eye cream. The optimal rejuvenation is also nice. It is too early to tell if there are significant changes but my undereyes crinkle less when I smile big.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi bushy, I have recently started using a few products from this range and I have been very impressed. I have been using their cleanser and toner, the eye serum and their Daily Solar Protective Moisturiser 30. I am so pleased to have discovered a physical SPF with such a pleasant texture and the eye serum has really helped with my dark circles. I am waiting for an order of the products you mentioned and will let you know what I think of them. Just one thing; allthough they have answered all my ingredient questions in great detail - is it not strange that a product completely free of preservatives is manufactured in a jar?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for your replies so far and Smoothskin, I will be eagerly waiting to see what you think of the products you have ordered. I do think a product in a jar without preservative is unusual. Does the packaging have a use by date? I would think there would be some small amount of preservative and a use by date somewhere.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
just looked at their website. The size that is mentioned on the site is ust a number, ie: 6 or 8. Do they mean 6 oz and 8 oz?
Anybody know?
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi bushy, I have been using my new Devita products for nearly a week now and I just remembered that I was going to give you an update. This is what I've been using:
- Devita-C Accelerator. This vitamin c serum is a 15% concentration and is the strongest I have used for my skin. It did sting for the first two applications, but my skin seems to be used to it now and I like the texture. It is very thin, almost watery and sinks right in.
- Optimal Rejuvenation. This serum is gorgeous! My skin instantly looks firm and smooth and it smells like La Prairie products. It is quite rich and I almost feel like I don't need a moisturiser on top.
- Hyaluronic Serugel. This is my absolute favorite hyaluronic acid serum (I have lately used Dr Sebagh and Skinceuticals). It feels very sticky when you apply it, but it is almost like my skin drinks this in one quick gulp and in the morning my skin looks plumped up and smooth.

I will let you know more about the long term results later on Smile
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Smoothskin. I will be looking forward to a follow up but I am very tempted at the moment based on your comments.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Which products are you thinking of getting - the same ones as before or any one of them in particular?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used these products before and I was very interested in the ones you have just tried as they contain ingredients that I especially like.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I think the Optimal Rejuvenation is a great stand alone product which would give great results used with any other skin care products, and the vitamin c serum has a great texture for anyone who hates sticky c serums as it is like a watery gel. They sent me samples of the moisturisers so maybe they could even send you samples of some of these products...
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I think I will get one or two products and ask for samples of the others. Thanks for your opinion and description of the products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
No problem - any time. Let me know what you get and what you think. I am still slightly suspicious about their products being completely free of parabens. I just can't understand how it is possible... Anyway, the products are great.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested in finding out more about the Daily Solar Protective Moisturizer Spf30. Does anyone know the percentages of the sunscreen ingredients, like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide? I would love to know if it has decent PPD.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:21 am      Reply with quote
It has a 7% concentration of zinc oxide and they have added rhatany extract as a natural sunscreen. Thank you for bringing this thread back to life, I had forgotten about this product and now I think I will order it again for Summer. There is also a review on it in the review forum which I wrote around the same time. Very pleasant texture, almost like a whipped mousse.
chinee
5% products discount

Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
The light feeling of the sunscreen is quite amazing. I used many natural or unnatural sunscreen products before but the Devita sunscreen is the most attractive. Razz

The texture is non-greasy, non-drying, so natural to make me have no feeling that I have put anything on my face.

However, the microfined zinc oxide seems very fine. This may lower the UVA protection ablility. Rolling Eyes And it is not water-resistant/water-proof. Neutral
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the posts answering my questions. This one is high on my list. My timing is off -- I should have used this all winter when my skin appeared a bit on the dry side, using just sunscreen. I am hoping that any warm weather oilies can be helped by using finishing powder to matte things up a bit.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
It has a 7% concentration of zinc oxide and they have added rhatany extract as a natural sunscreen. Thank you for bringing this thread back to life, I had forgotten about this product and now I think I will order it again for Summer. There is also a review on it in the review forum which I wrote around the same time. Very pleasant texture, almost like a whipped mousse.

I saw this on their packaging and was immediately curious, since I'm big on physical rather than chemical sunblock and am always experimenting with new natural sun protection methods. However, I found this cream a) to be much lighter and clearer than most zinc/titanium-based sun protection formulas, b) to actually not moisturize that well and even make my skin break out in little whiteheads quite a bit, and to c) to not actually protect against the sun very well. However, as I've mentioned in other posts, I think there are a zillion factors that affect how your skin behaves, and I'm not convinced any of the above was necessarily directly related to using this cream. But I did think it merited further investigation...

I started looking into Rhatany Root in herbalism journals, websites, local apothecaries, etc. and the main recorded use seems to actually be as a dental cleansing aid. I found zero about sun protection outside of Devita's literature. Does anyone have any further info about its use as a sunscreen? I wrote to Devita but never received a reply, and I think I left a voicemail too, but again no dice. I'd love to know more. I can't recall but I think they also failed to actually put the percentages of zinc/titanium on the packaging - Smoothskin, just curious, where did you get the 7% figure? And if you have an insider with Devita, could you try and find out more about their Rhatany research pretty please? Smile Thanks all, so glad to find this thread as I've been very curious about this brand ever since I came across it! The packaging is so frumpy and bleh though, I wish they'd jazz that up a bit. I know it's silly, but come on, we all love pretty bottles and labels!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Wow, so to follow up, they actually claim it's a 14% solution of zinc oxide - and it says "transparent" on the packaging.

http://www.devita.net/products/ProductView.mgi2?mgiToken=OO4QTM4MIV10902SM&ID=DMSPF

I've been hearing more and more about more finely milled titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, but as I recall, there are some concerns in the medical community that the finer versions mean these compounds are more easily absorbed through the skin, and I know EWG's Skin Deep rates at least zinc oxide as a potentially harmful ingredient:
http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ingredient.php?ingred06=703959&refurl=%2Fwordsearch.php%3Fquery%3Dzinc+oxide%26

Plus, I just find it hard to believe there's that high a percentage of a physical blocker like zinc, when normally a much smaller amount would result in much better sun protection. But then again, the non-water-resistant formula (mentioned above by others) could mean I'm just sweating it off too quickly.

Sorry to go all crazy on this, it's just that skin cancer runs in both sides of my family, I'm pale as a ghost, and I'm vain about wrinkles and age spots, so suncare is so my thing in many ways. Smile Any thoughts/comments/links/info you have would be so welcome. Thanks!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:

I started looking into Rhatany Root in herbalism journals, websites, local apothecaries, etc. and the main recorded use seems to actually be as a dental cleansing aid. I found zero about sun protection outside of Devita's literature. Does anyone have any further info about its use as a sunscreen?

Your post got me curious, too. This is the only link between rhatany root extract and sun blocking ability that I found (select September 2005 newsletter)

http://www.flavex.com/flavexnlmpe/archiv_detail.asp?
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Aw, Marci, the link isn't working for me and I can't quite understand what it's saying:

Dieser Newsletter ist nicht mehr verfügbar.

Let's see, I took one semester of German AGES ago, but I think we're getting a "this newsletter is no longer available" message, right?

Any chance you'd be able to paste in the text, if you can still access it? I'm really, really curious about your finding, as I've never found any non-Devita source linking rhatany root and sun protection. Sounds like you're the same kind of ingredients maven as me - please let me know if you have any other info!

Also, does 14% seem like an awfully high percentage to anyone else, for an SPF of only 30?

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Aw, Marci, the link isn't working for me and I can't quite understand what it's saying:

Dieser Newsletter ist nicht mehr verfügbar.

Let's see, I took one semester of German AGES ago, but I think we're getting a "this newsletter is no longer available" message, right?

Any chance you'd be able to paste in the text, if you can still access it? I'm really, really curious about your finding, as I've never found any non-Devita source linking rhatany root and sun protection. Sounds like you're the same kind of ingredients maven as me - please let me know if you have any other info!

Also, does 14% seem like an awfully high percentage to anyone else, for an SPF of only 30?

ginnielizz,

you seem to be so knowledgeable about sunscreens, thanks for recently making your presence known around here!
Have you ever used the ciba sunscreen simulator? i just don't understand how ZO percentages convert into adequate sun protection. For instance, if you type in 14% ZO in the simulator, you come out with an spf rating of about 8.

https://www.cibasc.com/SUNSCREENSIMULATOR/ssDisplay.asp

Please enlighten us! I've just about given up hope on the chemicals and want to find an excellent physical ss or i might consider tinosorbs again if that doesn't work out. I used to use Skinceuticals uv sport defense and it certainly kept me pale, but i want really good uva protection, too!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Smoothskin wrote:

I saw this on their packaging and was immediately curious, since I'm big on physical rather than chemical sunblock and am always experimenting with new natural sun protection methods. However, I found this cream a) to be much lighter and clearer than most zinc/titanium-based sun protection formulas, b) to actually not moisturize that well and even make my skin break out in little whiteheads quite a bit, and to c) to not actually protect against the sun very well. However, as I've mentioned in other posts, I think there are a zillion factors that affect how your skin behaves, and I'm not convinced any of the above was necessarily directly related to using this cream. But I did think it merited further investigation...

I started looking into Rhatany Root in herbalism journals, websites, local apothecaries, etc. and the main recorded use seems to actually be as a dental cleansing aid. I found zero about sun protection outside of Devita's literature. Does anyone have any further info about its use as a sunscreen? I wrote to Devita but never received a reply, and I think I left a voicemail too, but again no dice. I'd love to know more. I can't recall but I think they also failed to actually put the percentages of zinc/titanium on the packaging - Smoothskin, just curious, where did you get the 7% figure? And if you have an insider with Devita, could you try and find out more about their Rhatany research pretty please? Smile Thanks all, so glad to find this thread as I've been very curious about this brand ever since I came across it! The packaging is so frumpy and bleh though, I wish they'd jazz that up a bit. I know it's silly, but come on, we all love pretty bottles and labels!

Hi Ginnielizz, you have great timing! Your post raises some interesting issues with this seemingly "too good to be true" sun cream. I got all the information from the company, but I can not remember the name as it is a long time ago. I also found the texture to be incredibly light for a zinc based sunscreen and found it difficult to obtain any in depth information on rhatany root. The biggest question mark for me was why a completely preservative free product was marketed in a plastic jar...
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I personally cannot understand why most industry insiders claim how difficult it is to get an spf rating for their products, and then we find out after faithfully using them that the spf rating is nonsense and we wern't protecting ourselves after all.

Do you all know that there is a class action suit against the largest US sunscreen companies in the works? I've never used them and wouldn't probably take part in it if I did, but the apparent chasm between marketing and reality here is finally being discovered and rightly placed in the public eye.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Just to update, I never ended up buying any of these products. I kept looking at the info on their website, and the product ingredients just appeared to me to be too good to be true. The line may very well be good so I don't want to turn anyone off but I did not feel comfortable with purchasing them.

Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Laboratoire Dr Renaud ExCellience CellClock Cellular Youth Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Osmotics Cream Extreme Intensive Repair (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |