Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Laboratoire Dr Renaud ExCellience CellClock Cellular Youth Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz)
Acne at 30
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
natguez

Tue May 16, 2006 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm 30 years old and recently started getting pimples on my face! Sad It's the fist time ever. I didn't have acne as a teen. I'd like to know what suddenly causes it and if anyone knows a good home treatment that won't dry or irritate my skin. I'd rather not go to a beauty salon for now...
Thanks,
Nathalie
Mabsy

Tue May 16, 2006 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Have there been any changes at all in your diet? Stress levels? Environment? Perhaps hormonal? All of those things can affect your skin. I'd consider those and in the meantime just use a spot treatment or perhaps a face wash with glycolic acid. The thing is that generally most products with glycolic acid (particularly cleansers I've found) seem to be a bit drying. You could go with a salicylic acid product like say Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel, or something similar, to help clear up the problem.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 3:42 am      Reply with quote
You could also try a vitamin A, (retinol), moisturizer. Also a bit drying to the skin but when used in combination with a glycolic acid it will help to prevent blemishes.

Try using this combination in the AM, then a rich moisturizing treatment at night to alleviate the drying effects of the retinol and glycolic.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi natguez! Sorry to hear of your problem. I can totally feel your pain. This is happening to me. I'm 35 and never had problems with my skin until 5 yrs ago. Now I have adult acne, cystic type acne, blackheads, whiteheads/bumbs.
I have tried everything: Proactive, Biomedics, La Roche-Posay, Neutrogena poducts, Serious Skin Care, Nature's Cure, Aloette's acne line, B.P. and the list goes on and on. Most of these products caused severe drying and burning and didn't help.
BUT thanks to these guys on this site Smile I'm starting to see some fantastic results!!!! I started using the OCM (oil cleansing method), aspirin mask, ACV toner(apple cider vinegar), tea tree oil & I take 1000mg of Vit C. I'm planning on starting a Vit C serum also. Since I started this about 3 weeks ago I have not had 1 cystic acne Very Happy , a few pimples have comes out but they were below the skin and this program just drew them out. The blackheads are almost 100% gone and those pesky little bumps near my temple & chin are dissapating. I'm not quite sure what they are,whiteheads, millia (spelling?) but when "stuff" does come out it is like a white swirlly type stuff..gross, I know.
Check out the DIY link. This has been a God send to me. HTH
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Juice Beauty Blemish Serum. It doesn't feel like acne medication. Smile
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
Just a suggestion but you could have a look at the Jan Marini products as they have some specifically for adult acne and I believe many have had good results with the bioclear lotion and cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Same thing happened to me a few years back. Mine was hormonally caused, sorted out now, thankfully. Find out what's the cause before you try to treat it AND drink loads of water, it really does work.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I also got adult acne after good skin as a kid. I use Tazorac and that has completely cured the problem.
natsumi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
This also happened to me about a year and a half ago. I hardly ever got pimples and then all of a sudden I started getting cystic acne on the sides of my face. I tried all kinds of things and finally was prescribed Clindagel which worked wonders. It's a topical antibiotic gel that you apply in a thin film over affected areas 1-2 times a day. I've been using it for about 5-6 months now and I haven't had a single cystic lesion since, just a few small pimples.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I should say that the PSF O2 serum is fantastic at clearing red bumps or acne.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
sharky I know that PSF says that the 02 serum is a non irritating substitute for benzoyl peroxide but this is the first time I have actually seen someone say that it works great for acne.

Is it good for clearing up pimples, preventing pimples or both? Having sensitive skin and not being able to tolerate BP I might be very interested in using this.
rage
5% products discount

Fri May 19, 2006 4:16 am      Reply with quote
I am interested to know too if PSF O2 serum is good and effective at treating acne
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just turned 30 and I have been fighting acne for about a year. My face is finally clear and the ONLY thing that worked for me was...

Cleanser: Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle Anti Blemish Foaming cleanser.
Moisturizer: Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle Anti Blemish Moisturizer.

I tried a million different things and nothing worked! I finally have clear skin agian. I found that the acid in these products was the only thing that worked for me. It does make your skin peel a bit at first but stick with it because it stops. I also used Aveda Ance Composition (in the small amber bottle) if I feel like I have some clogged pores or zits coming.

Good luck! I know it sucks!
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
My son uses the Aloette Clarifying kit but stays away from the clarifyung lotion using the Clarifying Cleanser, toner and acne lotion in the little jar. Together these products have done wonders for his skin without drying it out, which every other product that he tried did. There was dramatic results after just 2 weeks of use.

Also, if you look in the product reviews section of this forum some are speaking about another type of treatment... dermawand, I think.
yazk
5% products discount

Sun May 21, 2006 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
natguez wrote:
Hi,
I'm 30 years old and recently started getting pimples on my face! Sad It's the fist time ever. I didn't have acne as a teen. I'd like to know what suddenly causes it and if anyone knows a good home treatment that won't dry or irritate my skin. I'd rather not go to a beauty salon for now...
Thanks,
Nathalie

Did you just move to a different area recently? Chlorine and other chemicals in shower water can cause skin problems, such as acne. What about add a shower filter? Wink
Tea tree & lavender oil are effective to treat adult acne. My husband has adult acne, and has tried every thing on the market. Recently, he started using tea tree & lavender oil from head to toe, every single one is gone now.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I use Tazorac and PSF O2 serum. I also use a little salycilic acid in the OCM and lavender oil. The combination works well for me. The Tazorac stops new breakouts. I use the O2 serum on pimples or red spots as a treatment it seems to heal them quickly.
belledivine67
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I suggest that you visit acne.org. If you follow this man's regimine (watch the video) and purchase the benzyol perioxide gel from his website, your face is likely to improve dramatically. Mine did.
Kaylaj79

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone point me in the direction of the DIY link or thread?

I'm desperate.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have suffered from acne from teenage years on. It was under control with differin and salycilic acid by day for a decade, but started flaring out of control with deep cystic lesions since hitting 30. It took a lot of experimentation, reading things online including acne.org and this forum. I finally have it under control, with maybe a cyst a few times a year. This for me is excellent. I do have scarring and am looking for ways to diminish that. All in all, I sympathize and want to share what has worked.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
TREATMENTS:

NIGHT

Best:
Retin A ordered from All day chemist.
I use the strongest microgel.
runner up:
Retin A shelaks gel from ADC
Differin from ADC

DAY

Best:
Being True Purifying Blemish Treatment.
I like this because it has 2%salicylic plus retinol and natural anti bacterial fighters. Its very strong, for some it should be a spot treatment, but I use it on my whole face.
runner up:
DDF 10% Glycolic, Dennis Gross 2%salicylic, Being True Therapeutic Hydrator (awesome, but the Blemish Treatment is stronger which I need)
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Regular stuff:

Washing is tricky....
I had a dermatologist recommend Safeguard soap for both face and body. I was skeptical, but it worked. Now since I'm in my 30's I use more gentle soaps, but this I switch up more than my treatments...
faves:
Being True Purifying face wash
Dermalogica Micro exfoliant (but only once or twice a week, I find exfoliating often with the strong topicals can cause bad peeling)
Cowshed Lavendar face wash

moisturizing is tricky too....
I rarely moisturize, but on the rare occasion I do I use being true moisturizer, cowshed quinoa moisturizer. I have sampled and liked (but not regularly used) ren's day moisturizer and oil free moisturizers by DDF.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds really crazy but my derm told me not to use sunscreen daily because it would break me out. So I wear hats a lot. I only use sunscreen if I'm out all day.

And ICE. Ice on painful cysts help calm them down so they go away faster and they don't throb as much tempting you to pop them.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Retin-a is the best thing ever for getting acne skin under control Wink
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:08 am      Reply with quote
butterflyrainbow wrote:
I have suffered from acne from teenage years on. It was under control with differin and salycilic acid by day for a decade, but started flaring out of control with deep cystic lesions since hitting 30. It took a lot of experimentation, reading things online including acne.org and this forum. I finally have it under control, with maybe a cyst a few times a year. This for me is excellent. I do have scarring and am looking for ways to diminish that. All in all, I sympathize and want to share what has worked.

I tried Differin for about a month a long time ago- I did not like it too much- did not seem to work for me.

I actually had a whole box of Differin samples,I'd send them to you but not sure where they are...and expired now (I did not pay for them,lol).

I like masks with sulfur though- PSF has a nice one, but it is too strong for me.
My sister can use it though.
(I use a Badescu sulfur mask)but EDS does not sell that, they do carry PSF.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Differin only worked for me when I used 2% salycilic acid with it during the day. For the last year I have been using Retin A instead of Differin, and for me its way better than Differin too. But I figure Differin is probably good for some folks! It was good for me, but Retin A has been waaaaaay better.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12) Osmotics Cream Extreme Intensive Repair (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |