Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

EmerginC Crease Ease Emulsion (50 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12)
Your fave C serum!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bluebelle
5% products discount

Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to this forum, I've added a mandelic serum to my skincare routine. It's the greatest thing since hot fudge. I'm currently looking for a good (but reasonably priced) C serum. I've sampled one and I like the general effects, but I don't know if there'd be all that much difference between them (aside from problematic, unstable formulations, what would I need to be on the lookout for?). So, please edumacate me further ...

Tell me, oh wise ones, which C serum do y'all recommend? And why? When do you use it and what has it done for you? I've done the searches & I'm not looking for general information so much as personal experiences.

TIA!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I highly recommend Cellex-C High Potency Serum. This serum has firmed and brightened my complexion. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic. It is the best I have found so far.

bluebelle
5% products discount

Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Yen!

Sheila: what's so great about it? Smile
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Sheila. I also love IS Clinical Super Serum. This is less sticky and sinks in better than SkinCeuticals.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I used skinceuticals CE ferulic all summer, but now it irritates my skin, maybe because of the weather change, and I cannot use it anymore. The same thing with cellex-c. So, I think it really depends on your skin type whether you will like it or not. It's better to get samples first.
I'll sample JB C&C and DY triple C serum to find the one for myself for winter. These two are the least irritating.
unsassy
5% products discount

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Another C&E Ferulic user here. After about 3 months of use I've noticed a more even skin tone. I've never tried another C serum so I have nothing to compare it to, but I second the suggestion of buying samples, they'll keep longer than the great big bottle. Ebay usually has some really good deals on the travel sizes.
bluebelle
5% products discount

Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:48 am      Reply with quote
OK, two votes for the C E Ferulic - but I'm not clear on what the ferulic acid is supposed to do. Thanks for the replies. Smile

Age: 37. Coloring: Fair, blue eyes, any red marks can be seen from 20 feet away. Acne-prone, with combo-to-dry skin. Currently loving: GoW's mandelic acid serum, and beta glucans + topical antioxidants and vitamins for clear, calm, glowing skin.
unsassy
5% products discount

Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:37 am      Reply with quote
ww.skinceuticals.com/productItem.asp?productTypeID=2&productID=20# Here's a link to the skinceuticals site, it explains the benefits better than I can!
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I also use SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic. It has done wonders for my skin, and before that used SkinCeuticals C+AHA. I have used both C Serums for almost 2 years now. I switched from C+AHA to CE Ferulic when I heard it has even more benefits for the skin. I was also using up to recently Cellex-C Vitamin C eye serum and eye cream, but they turn orange very quickly and now just stick with the SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic which formula stays clear for months and use it under the eye area also.

You ask what the benefits of Ferulic. Here is an article written on AntiOxidants which explains some of the products:

http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/newsletter293.asp?WID=%7BD8D7DFD0%2DC136%2D439D%2DA064%2DE6644FACC84D%7D

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I buy the travel sizes off ebay as well. Otherwise it will most likely turn before you finish the normal sized bottle.
shubingrt
5% products discount

Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I have used SkinCeuticals C15 for about 2 months, I like it a lot...I think I will stwich to CE after I am done with this bottle...just weird why I still have 2/3 left after 2 months use, Rolling Eyes
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried skinceuticals c+e ferulic, is clinical proheal, janson beckectt c+c serum, psf 12 percent, and psf 20 percent and I have to say as far as texture I like the janson beckett, but vitamin c does not agree with my skin, it gives me tiny bumps under my skin. I started using jason vita-c max facial again after quitting it a few weeks ago when I started cps, and I like that. It may be temporary, but it really lightens and brightens my face the morning I use it. I don't know how stable it is though Confused
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone who (like myself) finds L-ascorbic acid formulations irritating--they need to be low ph and all that--I highly recommend Triple C serum by Professional Solutions. It's in a lovely HA base so it's not glyceriny or propylene glycoly...and it uses C esters at neutral ph. So it's 100% soothing and non-irritating. It's all I use anymore. Available fromwww.skincarecentral.biz orwww.dianayvonne.com.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you PocoLoco for the rec! It looks like exactly what I am searching for.

Good luck to your search bluebelle Smile
bluebelle
5% products discount

Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
OK! I've ordered C E Ferulic from a seller on Ebay (sample sizes, so low enough cost to try without fear of bankrupcy if I don't like it).

PocoLoco - the Triple C is one I sampled, I liked it, but it was SO light it almost seemed to dry me slightly once it absorbed (my skin felt tight) - I did like the texture of it, HA & water, not tacky. I liked it but want to try something with a slight moisture boost that still absorbs completely.

Thanks everyone! I'd like to keep hearing about what y'all love, though.

Age: 37. Coloring: Fair, blue eyes, any red marks can be seen from 20 feet away. Acne-prone, with combo-to-dry skin. Currently loving: GoW's mandelic acid serum, and beta glucans + topical antioxidants and vitamins for clear, calm, glowing skin.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Bluebell, do you want this C serum to act as your moisturizer too, or do you add a moisturizer on top? I always add a moisturizer, which is probably why I haven't noticed a tightness from it.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
My only venture into C serums is IS Clinical Super Serum. I have noticed a small difference in shrinking pore size & a more even tone. It works well on my sensitive skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
After trying ISC and SS (i didn't like the texture) i use Skinmedica Vit.C complex now and am very happy with it.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I make my own with vit. c crystals and water or just add the crystals to another serum.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
I started using jason vita-c max facial again after quitting it a few weeks ago when I started cps, and I like that. It may be temporary, but it really lightens and brightens my face the morning I use it. I don't know how stable it is though Confused

Wow. Someone else who uses this product! I am finding this product harder and harder to buy because all my usual stores that carry it no longer do. It also has escaped their recent makeover on their boxes (at least at the store where I buy it now) so I wonder if it will be discontinued soon. Crying or Very sad I have kept coming back to this product for the past 8 or 9 years because I love how healing it is on my skin. I love to use it in the morning because I think it gives my skin a wonderful boost and helps my acne. I think the bottle is only stable for about 6 weeks to 2 months. After that, I find that it turns orange. I used to be so stingy when I used it but after learning about vit. c stability, I just slather it on now!

Has anyone tried the Jason Ester C serum? I'm wondering if I should pick up a bottle. I bought one years ago but I've forgotten what it was like. I like that it doesn't have any PG in it.
bluebelle
5% products discount

Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco, I would still use a moisturizer/sunscreen over it normally (esp. during the day), but I want the option of not having to put yet another product on overnight (when I don't need SPF) if I want to give my skin a little break. Also, the tightness leaves me feeling like the serum didn't so much absorb into my skin as dry on top of it.

RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:05 am      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
I have tried skinceuticals c+e ferulic, is clinical proheal, janson beckectt c+c serum, psf 12 percent, and psf 20 percent and I have to say as far as texture I like the janson beckett, but vitamin c does not agree with my skin, it gives me tiny bumps under my skin. I started using jason vita-c max facial again after quitting it a few weeks ago when I started cps, and I like that. It may be temporary, but it really lightens and brightens my face the morning I use it. I don't know how stable it is though Confused

Razinkane, I remember reading on the forums that vit. c at concentrations above 10% can cause acne. Maybe you should try the Cellex-C for sensitive skin with a 7.5% concentration. You've tried so many kinds of c serums, maybe you are more sensitive to c than most -- but maybe you can take it at low concentrations.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:08 am      Reply with quote
yes, i've just recently got a break out from psf 12% vit c serum
but i'm still continuing to use it..hoping that it's just temporary as my skin is probably adapting to the vit c; hope my skin will calm down soon and start seeing some improvements
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to put in my post that I've seen a reduction in blackheads & don't have any break outs after using the IS Clinical Super Serum. But that also could be from the Active serum. Am I gushing againa about IS Clinical? Laughing

Sun Oct 06, 2024 5:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Hydra-Gel Eye Patches (60 patches)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |