Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I threw away my Revitalash last night.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
After I stopped using RL at the end of March, I saved the tube (seems like I got some left) in my medicine cabinet. The reason I stopped using it was because it was causing my eyes to turn red and become so dry that it felt like I had some sharp objects in them. The redness and the dryness disappeared after a couple of days of discontinued use. A couple of days ago, I tried it again, and my eyes turned bright red the next morning. It looked so scary. The following day after I stopped using RL again, the redness went down 50%. Today it is totally gone. Phew! I thought I got an eye infection or something really bad. People at work were asking if I was ok.

I wonder who else stopped using RL due to the irritation to the eyes.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I had heard that RL was less irritating than the old JM formula. My eyes sometimes are red from the old JM I just use eye drops.The new JM is not supposed to irritate your eyes like the old and it does work my sister used the new only and got much longer lashes.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I had heard that RL was less irritating than the old JM formula. My eyes sometimes are red from the old JM I just use eye drops.The new JM is not supposed to irritate your eyes like the old and it does work my sister used the new only and got much longer lashes.

What kind of eye drops did you use? I really got scared by the redness this time. I thought I got an eye infection. The red was bright red, and after seeing a segment on that lady who got a fungal infection in her eyes after she used RENU with moistureloc, I was scared. I don't want to risk my eyesight.

Good to know that the new JM formula works for your sisters!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse, I also threw mine away. After 4 months of usage, my eyes' rims have turned extremely dark red and many people would say something about my red eyes.. My lashes also started to fall out again so I've stopped.. This product is a waste money, IMO, because your lashes will eventually start to fall out a few months later and you'd have to get a new tube which would cost a whopping $100+ .. RL made my eyelashes more weaker too. Hate that stuff, never will I purchase it again. Mad
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I used visine.
fantasm
5% products discount

Fri May 11, 2007 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Do any of you have a preference for the JM over the Revitalash or vice versa? I'm not sure which one to try or even if I should try either. I'm not too thrilled with the idea of spending over a hundred dollars just to risk stinging the heck out of my eyes every night. I'm almost considering lash extensions instead, but I would prefer a more permanent solution.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
The new JM has been reformulated so it does not irritate the eyes like the old formula but still works.I dont think 100 is that much, the tube lasts 6 mos....you dont really need mascara all the time and it makes a big difference in how you look, well worth the money.
fantasm
5% products discount

Fri May 11, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I'm looking in the Jan Marini product listing, but all I can find is the Age Intervention Eye Lash Conditioner. Is that the new formula?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
My RL bottle stank and I had it for over 4 months.. and it wasn't even empty.
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
fantasm DON'T do eyelash extensions! I had them done 3 times and they left my eyelashes in a terrible state. Really short and brittle and they are a complete nightmare to look after. I have been using Revitalash and Ardell for 10 weeks and my eyelashes have never looked so long and lush. I had my eyelashes tinted the other day and have now reached the happy stage of no longer needing mascara. In the morning I just curl my lashes and apply Ardell. Guess I was lucky in as much as I didn't get any irritation whatsoever and I am continuing to see great results - both top lashes and bottom ones.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Yes the eyelash conditioner is what you want its a silver tube.Buy it on ebay from a power seller with positive feedback for around 110.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I recently ordered this and started using it 3 days ago. I have not had a reaction yet (or better lashes). However, I have dyed my eyelashes for years, and wonder if this may have toughened up my eyelids and made me less sensitive? Does anyone know what would happen if i also had my eyelashes redyed whilsT trying this out?
Interestingly I notice the box says revitalash is made by Athena Cosmetics. I wonder if this is the Athena 7 minute Lift people? I have recently ordered that to try also, but will comment on a different post.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I started using Revitalash just after Christmas. I never used it every night. I used it maybe every other night or every third night. It gave me replenished eyelashes, very much so! I used it in conjunction with Ardells. Now I use it when I remember, sometimes twice a week, sometimes four times a week, sometimes not at all. I havent had any lash drop or any problems. It's worked beautifully for me.

I'm really sorry to hear it didnt live up to expectations for you all, and even caused irritation.

Bkkgirl - how did you get on with the growth hormone stuff from SAS that you were trying on your lashes? Any good?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I started using Revitalash just after Christmas. I never used it every night. I used it maybe every other night or every third night. It gave me replenished eyelashes, very much so! I used it in conjunction with Ardells. Now I use it when I remember, sometimes twice a week, sometimes four times a week, sometimes not at all. I havent had any lash drop or any problems. It's worked beautifully for me.

I'm really sorry to hear it didnt live up to expectations for you all, and even caused irritation.

Bkkgirl - how did you get on with the growth hormone stuff from SAS that you were trying on your lashes? Any good?

Hi Catski,
I stopped using that, too, and just started back on it two days ago when I remembered to get it from my fridge. It's a bear to try to remember to get it out of my fridge to use, and then put it back in there. But according to the instructions, it should be kept refrigerated! (I seriously need to buy a mini fridge for my bathroom or bedroom (which is connected to my bathroom).) I don't have any irritation from using it.

Yeah, I wish the RL didn't cause such freakish redness in my eyes. It certainly didn't make me look cute. Also the lashes grew in different ways. The curls were crooked, and some lashes even curled downward instead of up. Most annoying to say the least. Some were long and some were short.

I'm glad it worked great for you though. Very Happy

C
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
amber23 wrote:
fantasm DON'T do eyelash extensions! I had them done 3 times and they left my eyelashes in a terrible state. Really short and brittle and they are a complete nightmare to look after. I have been using Revitalash and Ardell for 10 weeks and my eyelashes have never looked so long and lush. I had my eyelashes tinted the other day and have now reached the happy stage of no longer needing mascara. In the morning I just curl my lashes and apply Ardell. Guess I was lucky in as much as I didn't get any irritation whatsoever and I am continuing to see great results - both top lashes and bottom ones.

Fantasm, I'll have to second that b/c I also did the extensions 3 times, and when I went back for my refill for the 4th time, the girl said she wasn't able to do it any more b/c I had no lashes for her to glue the extensions to or the ones I got were too thin and short. When the extensions fell out (every 2 weeks), I guess they took my real lashes with them.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Juliemarie wrote:
I recently ordered this and started using it 3 days ago. I have not had a reaction yet (or better lashes). However, I have dyed my eyelashes for years, and wonder if this may have toughened up my eyelids and made me less sensitive? Does anyone know what would happen if i also had my eyelashes redyed whilsT trying this out?
Interestingly I notice the box says revitalash is made by Athena Cosmetics. I wonder if this is the Athena 7 minute Lift people? I have recently ordered that to try also, but will comment on a different post.

Same company, and I already tried the 7 minute lift. It didn't work. You should read my review of it in the Prod Review section. Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
Cherisse, I also threw mine away. After 4 months of usage, my eyes' rims have turned extremely dark red and many people would say something about my red eyes.. My lashes also started to fall out again so I've stopped.. This product is a waste money, IMO, because your lashes will eventually start to fall out a few months later and you'd have to get a new tube which would cost a whopping $100+ .. RL made my eyelashes more weaker too. Hate that stuff, never will I purchase it again. Mad

Lisey, are you using anything for your lashes now? Have you tried the SAS one? It's only $10, and Dr. Hannah said it works. (Of course, she wouldn't say it sucked and didn't work. haha) But for $10, it might be worth a try. It got KGF and SKB in it among other things.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
BKKGirl, that's interesting.
Being Mothers day!, I decided to try it today. It sort of worked, in a topical way. It tightened up some lines but would only last till washed off. I cant imagine any accumulative effect.
One thing that bothered me - it is such a small jar, .5 fl oz, for supposedly 2 months! And that was $AUD 90. Mad
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I agree about the fridge thing, Cherisse. I dont have a mini one of my own either. I'd probably have to devise a new habit, like treating my eyelashes in the kitchen while waiting for the water to boil for my late night camomile tea.

Wink
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Juliemarie wrote:
BKKGirl, that's interesting.
Being Mothers day!, I decided to try it today. It sort of worked, in a topical way. It tightened up some lines but would only last till washed off. I cant imagine any accumulative effect.
One thing that bothered me - it is such a small jar, .5 fl oz, for supposedly 2 months! And that was $AUD 90. Mad

Yikes! I'd not waste money by buying the full size. The sample didn't even work.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I agree about the fridge thing, Cherisse. I dont have a mini one of my own either. I'd probably have to devise a new habit, like treating my eyelashes in the kitchen while waiting for the water to boil for my late night camomile tea.

Wink

There ya go! Don't forget to get a mirror, too. I can't imagine being able to put the lash serum on my lash lines without a mirror. Very Happy
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Bkk...I haven't used my Revitalash for a couple of months because of the severe dry eye issues, however I haven't thrown it away either. I bought it in Jan 07, and assumed I would try it again on occasion...altho' I haven't yet. Now you've scared me! Is it rancid by now? Should I have refrigerated it?
anixia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:14 am      Reply with quote
This gives me a slightly red puffy lid by the lashbase, but only on my right eye, and only if I use it for a week straight.

So I have used it alternating two days on and one day off and still seen great results. I use in conjunction with the Ardell and still have to use an eyelash curler, but I have super long thick lashes.

Sorry it didnt work for you. People are coming out with new stuff all the time now, maybe you'll find something that doesnt irritate!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Bkk...I haven't used my Revitalash for a couple of months because of the severe dry eye issues, however I haven't thrown it away either. I bought it in Jan 07, and assumed I would try it again on occasion...altho' I haven't yet. Now you've scared me! Is it rancid by now? Should I have refrigerated it?

Mtngirl, I kept mine in the med cabinet, and maybe I should have kept it in the fridge instead. I got really scared by the latest redness. It was so scary red, and I felt like an infection was coming on. It happened just within 10 hours of applying RL. I knew I still had a bit left probably enough to last another month or two, but I just couldn't risk my eyesight. I only got two eyes! So I'd say keep it in the fridge, and try to be very very careful to apply it very thinly and see what happens.
mystiqkal
5% products discount

Mon May 14, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
i've been using the new version of JM and i've noticed that my eyelashes have grown 2 mm in 3 weeks. I've never had any irritation from it either (normally my eyes are VERY sensitive).

I wouldnt recommend doing eyelash extentions...i had it done and i HATED it...you have to be way to careful with them and it just really bothered me because i could feel them.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Serum Line Lifting Transformation (30 ml / 1 oz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |