Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Doctor Babor Lifting RX Collagen Serum (4 bottles of net 3/16 fl. oz each) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz)
Need your best tips for beautiful long and lush lashes!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
What helps achieve the beautiful lashes look?

A particular brand or type of mascara?

Any serums?

Any other treatments?

Thanks, Ro
winwin_tan
5% products discount

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
i strongly recommend this japan eyelashes perm,is really look natural.
i recommend for the mascara is the brand from japan also,ettusais - hyper curl mascara ex(separate)really good,it will make ur lash hold for whole day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
jan marini eyelash intervention and revitalash have been proven to grow lashes very long in as little as a month.
mjlover
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
ive used JM and it has ABSOLUTELY worked but its taken 3 months. I'm now using CareKate's though (as she rocks!)
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:59 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Revitalash to give my lashes an extra oompf. Was about to try Jan Marini, but after they changed the formula rumour was it wasn't that good anymore. The forum has tons of posts on RL and JM Smile

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I started using my Revitalash less than 4 wks ago and already have significant growth! I laid off using it for about 5 months, but restarted when my lashes reverted back to their original state. It took even less time, this round, to get them growing. Love the stuff! (even though it drys out my eyes. Rolling Eyes )
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I use Shu Uemura's Lash Repair. This product is amazing!! My lashes have really grown a lot.

I'm loving this
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Revitalash is working for me
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the JM and CareKates lash serum. Both work really well. Also Ro, try the new mascara by Maybelline (Define-a -lash). It's one of the best mascaras I've ever used. No clumping and with the flexibrush, I can get into the corners perfectly.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Having read the rave in this forum, I tried Revitalash. It really works for me! Very Happy
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Revitalash with great results. I also use Shiseido Mascara Base and it has been a god send.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Revitalash did the trick for my lashes.
kallyga

Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Hey ya'll! Everyone provided great advice, but I need more. I am currently using Jan Marini and it is ok. I have been using it for about 8 weeks. Should I be patient? Please help!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
florli wrote:
I use Shu Uemura's Lash Repair. This product is amazing!! My lashes have really grown a lot.

I'm loving this

Florli, where did you get yours? Also is it supposed to grow lashes or is it more like a mascara?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
There are three types of mascara that really shows the full length of my lashes. They are:
Dior Shoe
Loncome Defencils
Chanel Inimitable
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
florli wrote:

I'm loving this

Is this the product that you use: http://www.shuuemura-usa.com/_us/_en/makeup/brows/lash-repair.htm

So it actually made your lashes grow, not just strengthened them?

Pretty reasonable price if it does indeed help lashes grow!

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to add that I personally use CoverGirls Lash Blast, in the orange tube and I absolutely love it.....I really helps the lashes to look fuller and longer.

You can also apply vaseline to your lashed and that will make them look longer, as well.

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
Aviano
5% products discount

Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Talika Lipocils for a few months now, and have had good results with it. I think it's more of a lash conditioner, though the website states that it does grow and thicken lashes, but I've noticed that fewer lashes fall out and the lashes I do have are longer. Not the false eyelash results that many who use the lash growth-enhancing products achieve (and I wrote a reply to your Lumigan/Latisse side effects post), but good results nevertheless if your expectations are reasonable.

The Shu Uemura eyelash curler is my favorite. As for mascaras, there's a lot that I like, with my only stipulation being that they not be too "goopy" or wet. I'm currently using Maybelline's Full and Soft.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
You can try Castor oil for your lashes. It will moisturise and make them visually longer, also many people believe it promote lash growth.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Latisse with good results. I've used it about 8 weeks now. I don't apply it every day anymore. I apply it about every other day. I really like Loreal Double Extend mascara. It's a "beauty tube" mascara - sort of like Blinc Kiss Me mascara. It's 8.99 at Target. You also can't beat Loreal Voluminous mascara. I'm one of those people that doesn't really believe you need to spend 20-30 on mascara. There are good drugstore brand alternatives.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
BellaKai wrote:
I've been using Latisse with good results. I've used it about 8 weeks now. I don't apply it every day anymore. I apply it about every other day. I really like Loreal Double Extend mascara. It's a "beauty tube" mascara - sort of like Blinc Kiss Me mascara. It's 8.99 at Target. You also can't beat Loreal Voluminous mascara. I'm one of those people that doesn't really believe you need to spend 20-30 on mascara. There are good drugstore brand alternatives.

Do I need to get a prescription to buy Latisse?
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:19 am      Reply with quote
kallyga wrote:
Hey ya'll! Everyone provided great advice, but I need more. I am currently using Jan Marini and it is ok. I have been using it for about 8 weeks. Should I be patient? Please help!

My recommendation is to be patient. Each one is different, some people may need longer time than others.
Flossie30
5% products discount

Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
You can try Castor oil for your lashes. It will moisturise and make them visually longer, also many people believe it promote lash growth.

That's what I'm using, as I'm trying to get away from using name-brand products and into DIY. I read some reviews on MUA that seemed to say castor oil does promote growth (of eyebrows, too!), but I guess the jury's still out on that one. I haven't used it long enough to tell.

As for Latisse, yes, you need a prescription in the US, but a lot of people get Lumigan--the active ingredient, I think--w/o a prescription from overseas pharmacies. (There's a thread in the DIY forum, I believe.) Personally, I'm terrified of the side effects, so I guess I'll stick to castor oil and see what happens.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Revitalash for about 2 years now and love the stuff. It has made my lashes so much longer. The key for me is to add a coat of Ardell Brow & Lash Growth serum to my lashes after applying a thin line of Revitalash. Ardell does not make your lashes grow in the least - but they keep your lashes nicely conditioned so they last much longer. You will notice very few if any eye lashes falling out even after 3 months or so. They just seem to hang on forever with this combo.

Unfortunately, I have yet to find a product that actually thickens eye lashes.

For Mascara I prefer Black out by Dior Show or Two Face Lash Injection for a more dramatic evening look and Estee Lauder More than Mascara for day wear.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using rapidlash and it works really well. It's $50 but you can catch a 20-25% off sale to make it cheaper. The tube is less ml than some of the others but this tube has been lasting me a surprisingly long time. It's thick when applied. I only use it every other night now to maintain. I am loving my lashes and any mascara looks good on them these days!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml) Pro-Derm HA Plumping  Serum (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |