Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Osea Essential Corrective Complex (10 ml / 0.34 floz)
lash growers overload!! lilash vs rapid vs latisse, etc...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
i'm totally new to this, but want to try one of them. which one is everyone liking, getting good results with but with zero to minimal side effects (if you're getting side effects, like iris darkening or skin darkening, please share!)

thank you so much!! will share when i decide on one. right now i am thinking of lilash, but now i just skimmed the rapid lash thread. *confused*
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Revitalash is the best! I decided to try Lilash cause it was cheaper, all of my nice long lashes fell out, then they slowly grew back but I develop bloodshot red eyes!! Everyone asked what was wrong with me, it was ridiculous! It took about 2 months after I stopped using Lilash and tons of Visine to get rid of it. I went back to Revitalash to maintain my long lashes and white eyeballs.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
lol!!!! i didnt know the new revitalash worked!!!! I used rapid lash it works well, minimum irritation no major shedding (thank goodness) and my eyelashes are much thicker.

Plus its cheaper too. Have thrown my lilash away, far too much irritation. I found it worked initally then stopped working altogether aking my eyelases really thin. At one stage it looked like i had 10 lashes on each eye!
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I had all kind of eye irritation with revitalash and lilash(both made my lashes grow but eye,itchy,bloodshot eyes.I finally went the eye doctor and he said I had something called blephartis. I told him what I was using and he said that since this has hit the market he has been seeing alot of this.He said the plugs where the lashes grow out of become plugged and cause irritation. What he said to do was clean my hands before washing my eyes and than use baby shampoo with water to break up the plugs,after hold very warm washcloth over my eyes for 3 or 4 minutes,twice a day. I am now using rapid lash and doing the clean and warm washcloth thing twice a day still,I have not had a problem so far its been about 3 weeks with the rapid lash and my lashes are getting thicker and longer. You can google blephartis for more info,hope this helps
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I used to use Revitalash but noticed that it irritated and dried out my eyes, making them bloodshot and a little itchy. That went away when I stopped using it.

I use plain Lumigan since it is far cheaper than any of the other things on the market and is essentially the same thing. I get the same results I did with the Revitalash but without the side effects.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have revitalash and my eyes do get irriated from this so I have just ordered lumigan and will alternate the two of them. Hopefully this will still work well and my eyes get a bit of a break from irriation
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried those brands you mentioned but I have used Canmake and Mavala. Smile They both worked for me.

5% products discount

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
The old revitalash worked great- made my lashes grow nicely. Unfortunately, they no longer use the same active ingredient due to a lawsuit by the makers of Lumigan and Latisse. Now it is nothing more than a VERY expensive lash conditioner.

I would recommend Lumigan. I have had great results so far and it is pretty cheap from all day chemist.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have always had short, slightly thin eyelashes and finally started on the Rapid lash for eyelashes and missing outer corners of the eyebrows. It took about 6 weeks for noticeable improvements on my eyelashes and then the growth accelerated very nicely. Especially fast on my lower lashes which I started using after my upper lashes were pretty thick. No big improvement in the LENGTH of my eyelashes, however. My eyebrows, however, seem immune to RL. I am starting on Latisse tonite (which I can get sooooo cheap in a foreign country)to see if I can get some length and help with my eyebrows. Will post the results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
i got my revitalash from EDS and have been using it for 4 weeks. i haven't noticed any side effects nor results. i believe it is the 3 month mark that should indicate any progress. also, i have a new back up jan marini lash for when i'm finished with revitalash.

a note, i wanted to buy the lilash, and enormous lash but decided against it. i couldn't find a canadian seller/retailer. when purchasing outside of canada, i find that canada custom charges are brutal. they really know how to dish out punishment!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
anzoie

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Heard so much about Revitalash and decided to get one for myself 3 weeks back from a local mall. The result is just fantastic. Never thought a no so expensive product can actually change the look on eyelashes and Revitalash surely makes mine look so good.
helengrace

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Other mascaras were exacerbating the sparseness problem by making them very brittle that is why I really need mascara, even though they are relatively long on their own. Mascara by revitalash frames my eyes and their custom designed brush will separate and define for an eye-popping finish so the true beauty shines through. Until now I continue to see positive results, you can be sure I'll be back for more!
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
i hear ya...there are so many lash growers out there. I tried a few but found I can't really use the one with the drug in it as it irritates my eyes. I am trying the PSF brand now. It is fine, doesn't irritate. Lashes are growing, too, but not drastically.
anzoie

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Just want to share with you all that I really love Revitalash! It is so good, it makes my eyelashes look much longer, darker and thicker. Fantastic product.
Lilac19
5% products discount

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Isn't Lumigan used for high eye pressure? I think I'd be afraid to try it, or am I mixing it up with something else?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Lilac19 wrote:
Isn't Lumigan used for high eye pressure? I think I'd be afraid to try it, or am I mixing it up with something else?

You aren't mixing it up it's used for Glaucoma Lilac. Allergen just decided to profit from the one good side effect longer and darker lashes, but there can be some negative side effects as well. Smile

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I used to have bad allergy problem. Switching from 1 brand to another until I tried Revitalash. I must say this is the best OTC eyelashes care products I have ever come across. Not only it does not cause my allergy, it also make my eyelashes look longer and darker
anzoie

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Don’t usually write comments but just feel like sharing my experience here. I have used revitalash range of products for the last 3 months and the result is just amazing. If you are not happy with what you are using now because it doesn’t do anything to your eyelashes, just try Revitalash. It is really fantastic products. You will see the difference
LatteQueen
5% products discount

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:32 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Rapid Lash for 6 months now...
pro's...longer lashes, application of any mascara is very noticable
cons: no volume..have to use volumizing mascara's,

any side effects? darkening of eyelid(made me look like I was wearing eyeliner)which was good..other than than those mentioned I love it...I am on my 3rd tube..LanaIndiana on youtube swears by LiLash..Has her lashes so amazingly long..but after reading so many comments on how one's lashes fall out when using this, sorry I can't wait for new ones to grow back..Hopefully R.L. will somehow re-vamp this product to make lashes not only long, but thick also..

5% products discount

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Lattequeen I seem to be having the opposite effect, my eyelashes have thickened up but I haven't gotten as much length. But for me 0 side effects overall I am happy with the product but, I want length!!!!! I have been using it religiously for about 5 weeks now. I am waiting for the serum to finish and I think I will switch to Revitash. But does anyone know if switching will get rid or the volume and length I got using rapidlash Sad , or will reviatalsh just start working from where rapidlash left off Question . I don't want ot start all over again. Please share your comments and stories if you switched products and had trouble.
misspisces
5% products discount

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very interested in trying out this product. Does someone have a before/after picture and would be so kind to post the pics? Sounds like a fantastic product but I'm still a bit skeptical, especially with the price of the product.

Thanks!
mp5808
5% products discount

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Misspisces
Which product are you looking for before and after pics?
LatteQueen
5% products discount

Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:42 am      Reply with quote
mp5808 wrote:
Lattequeen I seem to be having the opposite effect, my eyelashes have thickened up but I haven't gotten as much length. But for me 0 side effects overall I am happy with the product but, I want length!!!!! I have been using it religiously for about 5 weeks now. I am waiting for the serum to finish and I think I will switch to Revitash. But does anyone know if switching will get rid or the volume and length I got using rapidlash Sad , or will reviatalsh just start working from where rapidlash left off Question . I don't want ot start all over again. Please share your comments and stories if you switched products and had trouble.

You got volume with Rapid Lash..My right eye..the lashes themselves are so thin..my left side is a little more thicker..I do have length though and that's still good. I ran out of R.L. and I am using Avon's Lash Serum while I am waiting for my Hydropeptide Lash Serum to arrive. Truth in Aging swears by this..Luckily the website has a 20% off sale going on and I caught it..Avon's lash serum seems like it's not doing anything for me.
So I do hope my lashes can hang in there til my new serum arrives..

5% products discount

Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my Hydropeptide Lash Serum and can't wait to see the results. I wonder if I should order another one when I got this for 93.00 instead of the reg price 140.00. I need to go back to see how long this coupon thing lasts..

5% products discount

Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Just a quick fyi for those who have light colored eyes! I read this one post (on a different website) about a person who experienced darkening irises after using Latisse.

I was considering using it since I have dark brown eyes (can't get any darker Wink ), but I'm holding off for now because I'm not sure I'd be able to take it when my lashes revert back from their enhanced lengths :/
System
Automatic Message
Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Jan Marini Regeneration Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |