Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jan Marini Regeneration Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml)
Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
How disappointing! My ReAura died right in the middle of a treatment last night. The orange light began flashing on the on/off button. I tried charging it and cleaning it but to no effect. The troubleshooting guide was no further help and suggests contacting Philips. The thing is I'm in Australia and didn't purchase it through Philips.
I'm going to call them in a few hours when they open and see if they'll help me with repairs. I'm only half way through 3 rounds and the lady I purchased from had done 1 round.
Has anyone else had any problems with their ReAura? Particularly anyone who didn't purchase through Philips.
I'll let you know what they say when I talk with them.

Oh no!! That is bad news - I dread something going wrong with mine. Let us know how you get on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
How disappointing! My ReAura died right in the middle of a treatment last night. The orange light began flashing on the on/off button. I tried charging it and cleaning it but to no effect.

Hi Mishey, the orange light is an indicator it needs to be charge. I know you said you charged it but maybe leave it plugged in over night. Also make sure the laser window is really clean and maybe take the white plastic tip off and soak it in some dish washing detergent and scrub it off with the little brush. Those are the only things I can think of. Hope it is nothing major. Tell us what you find out. Good luck.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie I doubt it is a charging issue as the little battery light flashes and acts normal when I charged it, however I've just put it on charge again for the rest of the day until I call them. And thanks for the idea on soaking the tip, I'm doing that now.

Keliu I've been dreading something like this happening also...it's the best tool I own and will have to buy another straight away if I can't get this one fixed. I don't ever want to be without it! And such an expensive device too Sad
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie you're a genius! I charged it again, for the 3rd time, and I couldn't believe that the green battery light began flashing again! And for a fair amount of time, like it was charging after a session. I also soaked and scrubbed the tip and it's working again! I'm so relieved. I think I may have a loose battery connection somewhere in there so I won't be carting it around with me anymore. I usually keep it in my work bag so I can do a session if I get some spare time at work. I think all the movement in my bag may have possibly loosened something in there so I'm going to be be super careful with it from now on. I don't have any weeks off really as I do my face, neck, chest and top and bottom of forearms for 8 weeks, then my upper inner and outer upper arms and shoulders for the next 8 weeks. Which is why I've been bringing it to work.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Cookie you're a genius! I charged it again, for the 3rd time, and I couldn't believe that the green battery light began flashing again! And for a fair amount of time, like it was charging after a session. I also soaked and scrubbed the tip and it's working again! I'm so relieved. I think I may have a loose battery connection somewhere in there so I won't be carting it around with me anymore. I usually keep it in my work bag so I can do a session if I get some spare time at work. I think all the movement in my bag may have possibly loosened something in there so I'm going to be be super careful with it from now on. I don't have any weeks off really as I do my face, neck, chest and top and bottom of forearms for 8 weeks, then my upper inner and outer upper arms and shoulders for the next 8 weeks. Which is why I've been bringing it to work.

Oh great. So glad it worked out for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Terrific news! Do you charge it after every use?

5% products discount

Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:21 am      Reply with quote
The orange flashing light comes on when you treat face neck chest arms hands all in one go. That's so you can't overtreat yourself. You have to wait 48 hours and then it's back to normal. It explains that somewhere in the user guide. But weird if it's coming on half way through a treatment. Hope you get it sorted.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:45 am      Reply with quote
48 hours! I thought it was 24. Thanks for that info Bluegentian. Though I hadn't had a 48hour break when it started working again, so I'm not sure it was that. I'd done around 9 zones when it cut out.

Yes I do charge it after every use Keliu. My usual routine is face, neck and chest one day and inner and outer forearms on another. The last session I'd left my face out and just did my neck and chest, hence doing my face after my arms this last treatment.

All I know at this point is that I'm going to be extremely careful with it and treat it like it's glass.
Bluegentian
5% products discount

Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:53 am      Reply with quote
You're right Mishey, I've just checked the manual.. it's 24 hours. It does it to me all the time because I do 10 zones in one go. Sometimes I get 10 and others are a bit under. I guess the timer is not 100% accurate.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I've been MIA because I had LASIK done last Friday. My vision is still adjusting but my big question is...will it be safe to start using skin care devices in a few weeks? This is all new to me and I already ordered some tanning booth goggles to use when I restart the ReAura.

Just wondering if it'll be safe to start back up again...

5% products discount

Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Aaarrggh! My Reaura has stopped working!! It's fully charged and seemed to start OK, but then I thought the contact was a bit weird, it kept going off more than usual. Then it just stopped altogether. The red light comes on but no green contact light at all. I can't find my receipt and I can't get through to Philips to ask them about it. I did at least register the product. Has anyone else had this problem?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Bluegentian wrote:
Aaarrggh! My Reaura has stopped working!! It's fully charged and seemed to start OK, but then I thought the contact was a bit weird, it kept going off more than usual. Then it just stopped altogether. The red light comes on but no green contact light at all. I can't find my receipt and I can't get through to Philips to ask them about it. I did at least register the product. Has anyone else had this problem?

Have you tried to clean the laser window really well?

5% products discount

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Well. I cleaned it after use just yesterday. It was fine then. I'll try again tomorrow but I'm pretty sure someething is wrong. I've spoken to Philips and they're going to look at it. But how long will all that take! I have to post it off and wait until they've tested it etc etc. It makes me nervous if something can go wrong for no good reason. And coincidentally my Philips Lumea also has a problem. The switch is dodgy and any small vibration in the room switches it on! I am beginning to wonder about Philips quality. I didn't register that product and have lost the receipt. Crying or Very sad
EyesWithoutaface
5% products discount

Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I've searched everywhere and can't find the actual output power of the Reaura. They publish the wavelength (1435nm) but not mention of the critical diode power (mw).

This is basic spec it should be documented. Anyone?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:50 am      Reply with quote
EyesWithoutaface wrote:
I've searched everywhere and can't find the actual output power of the Reaura. They publish the wavelength (1435nm) but not mention of the critical diode power (mw).

Does this help?

Quote:
10.0.1 Device
SC5000
Rated voltage 100V-240V
Rated frequency 50Hz-60Hz
Rated input 16W
Protection rating IP 30 (EN60529)
Battery Lithium-ion, 3.7V, 1300
mAh

10.0.2 Laser
SC5000
Laser class 1M
Laser type Diode
Output wavelength 1435nm
Maximum output power 1.5W
Pulse output duration <9 ms

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sc5000_00/sc5000_00_dfu_eng.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
EyesWithoutaface wrote:

Will this information help you out? It is a calculation I did between the ReAura and the Tria. Also below is a mention of the different laser window sizes that makes a difference in strength of the laser.

brierrose wrote:
Thanks CookieD for posting the ReAura specs.

For the Tria:

Charging Cradle Electrical Input: 100-240 VAC at 50-60Hz, 0.2 A max

Laser Output: Class 1M, 1440nm, 12mJ/pulse max

ReAura Specs
Device
Rated voltage 100V-240V
Rated frequency 50HZ-60HZ
Rated input 16W
Protection rating IP 30 (EN60529)
Battery Lithium-ion 3.7V, 1300 mAh

Laser
Laser class 1M
Laser type Diode
Output wavelength 1435nm
Maximum output power 1.5W
Pulse output duration <9 ms

So far it looks like they are both the same type of laser class. They seem to have similar output wavelength 1435nm for ReAura and I am assuming, maybe wrongly that the 1440nm number is referring to output wavelength. Looks like the pulse numbers are different Can anyone tell us what these numbers mean?

I'm having my husband look at this information. He is an engineer and might be able to help me.

Ok. This is what my DH came up with. It looks like the lasers are almost exactly the same energy/power. My husband did make a mathematical mistake earlier in his calculations (before I submitted them) so if someone wants to check the math please feel free to. So if the math below is correct that would mean that the Tria users (on its highest setting) are getting a much bigger dose of laser/power because they are using it 7 days a week vs 2 days a week for ReAura. Now the time of usage is a little different per session. I think in an earlier post I said to do the whole face with ReAura twice a week is approximately 48 minutes (3 area at 6 min. an area times twice a week)and the Tria is approximately 70 minutes. (4 areas at 10 minutes total times 7 days a week)

If all this holds true I am not surprised that some Tria users are having a harder time moving up to level 3. Especially when you consider that you don't use any gel during a treatment. Now don't get me wrong. I am not trying to say one laser is better or worse then another. I'm just saying that if I did a session everyday with the ReAura I think my skin would be very red and I consider my skin to be really tough.

So what does everyone think about this information?

Below is my DH caculations

From the Tria specs:
A joule (J) is an amount of energy or work. It is equal to one watt for one second 1 ws).
A mJ is a millijoule equal to 1/1000 of a joule.
So 12mJ is 12/1000 of a joule or .012J

From the ReAura specs:
The amount of energy or work produced isn’t given but the maximum power (1.5 watts) and the maximum time or duration <9ms are given. You can calculate the maximum amount of energy or work by multiplying them together (the amount of power for an amount of time) .
The duration is <9ms which is “less than” 9 milliseconds (ms) equal to “less than” .009 seconds (a millisecond is 1/1000 second).
To get the maximum energy or work produced in joules multiply the maximum power of 1.5watts times the maximum duration of .009 seconds. 1.5 times .009 equals .0135 watts-seconds (ws) or joules (j).

The Tria is .012j. The ReAura is .0135j. maximum. On the specs of the ReAura it say the maximum power is 1.5 watts. I am assuming that you are getting that full amount of power. Also the duration of pulse is less than 9 milliseconds. It doesn't state exactly how much less. If the pulse duration is closer to .008 milliseconds than the number for ReAura is .012j. Which is the exact same energy/power as the Tria.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46507&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=200

I was just watching PQ video and I think I might have come up with the "missing piece of information" between the power/strength of the Tria vs ReAura laser.

I did a comparison earlier were I looked at what available information we had on the two lasers and come to the conclusion that both lasers had similar power strength but I was never able to get over how one could be used 7 days a week vs 2. I think I have come up with a plausible explanation. When I was watching the video I noticed how large the laser window was on the Tria compared to the ReAura. It is a much longer opening. This got me thinking if that could make the laser strength of power/intensity that comes from that opening weaker. It can. Basically my DH explained it to me this way. If you have a 100 watt light bulb that is lighten a whole room vs a 100 watt light bulb that is just lighten a table, the intensity of that light just lighten the table is going to be a lot stronger.

Below is a reference that explains it in more technical terms. I don't know this for sure since I don't own both lasers and doubt either company will give us their proprietary information but this makes sense to me. What do you think?

http://www.rp-photonics.com/optical_intensity.html

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46507&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=350

5% products discount

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you those are meaningful specs. 1500mw is quite powerful it is the the duration (9ms) that makes it tolerable.

It's clear that the higher peak power combined with the short pulse is the key to what makes these work better than say my 200mw continuous wave laser array.
kfx216
5% products discount

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi All,

I finally bit the bullet and a Reaura is on its way. Should receive it this week.

Do you have any suggestions for a quickstart? I'm one to buy something and then not use it because I'm afraid of using it incorrectly. That would be a travesty given the cost of this!

I'm particularly concerned about my eyes so I don't damage my vision inadvertently. Do you close your eyes or wear the little tanning bed glasses when you use the Reaura?

Also concerned about doing my neck, which massively needs it but don't want to have any negative impact on my thyroid. How to you do your neck but avoid your thyroid and how much area around your thyroid do you need to avoid in order to be "safe?"

Thanks in advance!!
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I have thyroid problems and I don't worry about Reaura (bought may 2012). I don't think the effect is much more than skindeep.I do monitor my thyroid and have not noticed any differences, nor have I had to change medication strength.

Read the brochure - it will answer a lot of your questions. If you hear odd noises or see odd lights, refer to brochure.

Always leave 48 hours between treatments.

The ReAura has really good safety system: it will not fire unless two contacts are in contact and the correct speed is maintained. I go quite close to the eyes, and you do not need to take special precautions. The strong point of this device is many more treatments at a lesser strength. For me this has worked BETTER than professional treatments of which I have bought many 4 treatment packages.

ReAura is brilliant for sun damage - but don't expect a lot of lifting or wrinkle reduction.

Do treatments at night and you will have greatly reduced (or no) redness by morning.

L O V E my ReAura!
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:59 am      Reply with quote
mismis

what do you use for wrinkle reduction / lifting? If anything. thanks
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I use Tuo Trend - and after some time I just really use the Tuo to make sure I get 50 strong contractions on all the muscle groups. It is more akin to facial exercise once you actively engage your own muscles, but the
Tuo helped me to get the muscles strong enough. Facial exercise sounds daunting, but is AMAZINGLY effective for getting your cheeks back to where they belong, as well as unexpected perks like volumizing your lips (used to fill those, but no longer need to). The Tuo (especially using it to do facial exercise) has really helped me restore facial symmetry. I also do many of Carolyns Facial Fitness exercises. A good investment.

I have used botox for 14 years and have as a result no forehead wrinkles and few anywhere else in the upper face. One needs less as time goes by, and these days I DIY as it is 1/10th the cost of professional treatments. But you really need to know what you are doing.

I also use Hyalauronic Acid fillers, again DIY, not recommended unless you are willing to put in a lot of time studying, but well worth the effort. Like botox, over time one needs less and less as it is somewhat stimulatory to collagen genesis.

Every 8 weeks or when my schedule allows I do derma pen PCIT treatments - again I DIY with a Korean knockoff, and this is very effective (how effecive I will not know for a while, but I can already see improvements.)

IMO well worth the effort. And here is something my plastic surgeon told me: never lose or gain more than 5 pounds as that stretches and stresses the skin.
kfx216
5% products discount

Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Mismis, thanks for your regimen.

Just got my Reaura yesterday and it came charged so I was able to do a treatment last night. I finished around 11 pm and my face still reddish and puffy until about noon today (fortunately working from home!). I stuck to the 2, but will try the 3 on Saturday.

I'm still a little concerned about doing it so close to my eyes and even though I keep my eye closed as tightly as possible when the laser is near.

As an fyi and by chance, I found a vendor who offers a great price. He seems to have increased it by $100 since I bought it, but still much cheaper than others I found. Do a google search for Amazon and the device name and he'll come up. The site does offer a guarantee (or I wouldn't have ordered even with credit card protection) and I was able to register it, so draw from that what you will. I am not affiliated with nor get any benefit from him.
kfx216
5% products discount

Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:24 am      Reply with quote
In my 2nd week and have a few questions:

1) How many weeks did it take before you saw any improvement? I'm not expecting anything right away, but does it come during or after the 8 weeks?

2)How does the Reaura know when to turn off? I'm wondering because it seemed to be relatively consistent between the cheek/cheek/forehead areas when I've done them although I wasn't near a clock to really monitor. But, last night I did my hands and noticed that it was over 15 minutes for ONE hand alone and still hadn't turned off. I finally had to stop before the beep and didn't have time to do my other hand. Maybe my hands are extra bad? They are drastically worse than my face.

3) Did you notice a difference between the 2 and 3 settings? I did the 2 setting for 1 week and now am doing 3. I don't notice much difference except in a few sensitive places and it's not intolerable.

Thanks!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi kfx- I think most people start seeing some results around the 4 to 6 week mark. which is what I saw. My skin continues to get better for about 4 weeks after the end of my 2 month treatment series.

I think the ReAura shuts off after it has done so many pluses or fires, for a lack of a better term. If you are doing an area where it is harder to get good contact (like the hands can be, if boney) it can take longer because it is harder for it to fire the laser consistently.

I didn't notice a difference between level 2 or 3 but I tend to have tough skin. I think it is more of a personal thing. I think there are members on EDS that have stayed at level 2 and it seems to work ok for them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Not sure when I started seeing improvement, it's been awhile, think it was around 8 weeks. I am planning on starting up again soon as winter begins.

When I do my hands, I don't wait for the beep, I stop when I think I've done enough passes.

Thu Oct 17, 2024 7:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Doctor Babor Lifting RX Collagen Serum (4 bottles of net 3/16 fl. oz each) Cosmedix Affirm Antioxidant Firming Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |